Last game(s) you bought

I picked up Tales of Arise. It's largely what I expected from a Tales game, having played more than half a dozen of them before, so I can now confirm first hand that dear departed Nerieda's claims that it is fresh and original and the best RPG of its year are laughably unfounded, but it IS a solid Tales game and I'm having a decent amount of fun with it.

I also bought the Yakuza remastered collection (3, 4, 5), completing my Yakuza series, and Lost Judgment by the same studio.

The HumbleBundle Choice pack was great this month. Got Deathloop, Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope and 6 more random games, all for around 12 dollars.
I picked it up for primarily for Disciples Liberation. I have no interest in roguelikes so I gave Deathloop to my son.

On GOG: Skyrim, Batman - Arkham asylum and Arkham city, and the two Middleearth-games (Shadow of war and Shadow of Mordor).
The download of Shadow of war is about 120 GB. This is the biggest game that I own. I hope that it is good :LOL:

I picked it up for primarily for Disciples Liberation. I have no interest in roguelikes so I gave Deathloop to my son.
Deathloop is a roguelike only on the first look. In a real roguelike you have to restart from zero if you die. In Deathloop you keep important parts of your progress, so it feels very different in the end. You even need to die a few times in order to get all hints, how to complete the game. So you should at least give it a try.

Deathloop is a roguelike only on the first look. In a real roguelike you have to restart from zero if you die. In Deathloop you keep important parts of your progress, so it feels very different in the end. You even need to die a few times in order to get all hints, how to complete the game. So you should at least give it a try.
I hate dying. It's the reason I won't play any soulslike either. I also don't like games that focus on real-time combat, so I really don't think this is my cup of tea.

I hate dying. It's the reason I won't play any soulslike either. I also don't like games that focus on real-time combat, so I really don't think this is my cup of tea.
In regard to dying my post wasn't even correct, you do not need to die, you can also restart the loop without dying. So that wouldn't be a reason on its own. Not liking the type of combat is of course a good reason.
Something completely different: You can also play this as a stealth game and eliminate most enemies before they see you. You can even avoid killing "normal" enemies at all, only some bosses need to be killed.

In regard to dying my post wasn't even correct, you do not need to die, you can also restart the loop without dying. So that wouldn't be a reason on its own. Not liking the type of combat is of course a good reason.
Something completely different: You can also play this as a stealth game and eliminate most enemies before they see you. You can even avoid killing "normal" enemies at all, only some bosses need to be killed.
Ok, I'm still giving it to my boy, but I'll watch him when he plays it to see if it's worth my time.

I was on Germany's biggest board games fair.
There, I bought a card game called "Exploding Minions", which is a variant of "Exploding Kittens", a card game called "Mahlzeit", in which you have to prepare Meals, a beginner's box of TDE (The Dark Eye) newest variant, which is the pen & paper role playing system called "The Black Cat" (in which you play cats within the TDE setting), and a board game called "Broom Service".
The "Spiel des Jahres" ("Game of the Year") list can be found in Wikipedia as well : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiel_des_Jahres

Back
Top Bottom