Install Gothic 2 Gold

download:

• gothic2_fix-2.6.0.0-rev2.exe
  • gothic2_playerkit-2.6f.exe
  • G2NoTR-SystemPack-1.8.exe
  • LoA-1.1.0.exe
  • LoA.1.1.0_EN.exe
  • LoA-1.1.0_Speech_Volume.zip

Install all .exe in the above order. Each installer asks for your Gothic II directory.
(For me it is: Z:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Gothic II)
Finally unzip LoA-1.1.0_Speech_Volume.zip into the same Gothic II directory.

Start LoA with: …\Gothic II\System\GothicStarter_mod.exe
Have fun!

I already had the first 3 installed. LoA 1.10.exe will NOT install. I put in my Gothic dir (similar to yours) but the install button stays greyed out.

I already had the first 3 installed. LoA 1.10.exe will NOT install. I put in my Gothic dir (similar to yours) but the install button stays greyed out.

This is a complete guess Corwin, but u may have to do an uninstallation of the previous patches and reinstall the latest versions. i'm guessing the loa file is looking for some files that maybe aren't there due to dated patches. again, just a guess, if this doesn't apply then i apologize. cheers. :party:

Those patches are now integrated into the Steam version (at least according to World of Gothic) and Steam auto updates the game, so that shouldn't be the issue. I couldn't even find those first 3 anymore; they seem to have been deleted at WoG.

I have the GOG version and the same problem as Corwin. The registration ID's are correct. So I don't need to re-install. Probably something I'm missing that's obvious.

I used the Steam Gold Version:
(I could apply all of the steps from my first post)

Here are the steps for LoA-1.1.0.exe in pictures:
(I had to change the program path to Z:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Gothic II)
When I changed it to the correct path the <Installieren> button was no longer greyed out.

Attachments

• LoA_1.jpg
    LoA_1.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 26
  • LoA_2.jpg
    LoA_2.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 25
  • LoA_4.jpg
    LoA_4.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 25
Those patches are now integrated into the Steam version (at least according to World of Gothic) and Steam auto updates the game, so that shouldn't be the issue. I couldn't even find those first 3 anymore; they seem to have been deleted at WoG.

The downloads are still there - but due to the Gamestar article the download slots are often blocked.

Some forum users uploaded the files again - look here.

Back
Top Bottom