Legends of Eisenwald

RPGWatch

An RPGWatch Bot
Administrator
Legends of Eisenwald is an original mix of RPG and strategy, with tactical turn based battles and a simple economic model. Rich possibilities of gameplay mechanics allow a player to feel being a hero of different stories ranging from treasure hunt to fighting for the throne. You can follow your game path as a Knight, Mystic or a Baroness and in each case gameplay and story will be partially different.

More information.

You know that your text makes it sound as if you only addressed old people?

I guess so. Even if the other one felt more sincere :D. The nostalgia vibe must have been strong.

No suggestions from my side, though, as I haven't looked that closely at the game, so all is well.

I guess so. Even if the other one felt more sincere :D. The nostalgia vibe must have been strong.

:thinking: …feels more sincere… that was my original intention … hmmm
I have to sleep a night over this ;)

Only addressed old people...?

What, did he say "Gee golly, this Eisenwald sure is swell. You're a square if you don't try it. It's the hippest thing since sliced bread, ya know."?

@Aubrielle - I used some fragments from your preview:

Early Access RPG-Strategy mix that is looking very good already. Immersive ambiance: LoE creates a medieval world from the daydreams of your youth.

Hey, I'm glad to know that I sound like I'm talking to old people. xD

But I'm grateful that you used a fragment of my article! :)

What, proper English and words of more than one syllable aren't appreciated by kids these days? The nerve!!! =p. I found the article to be quite good and enlightening.

Thank you, Carnifex! :)

Hey, I'm glad to know that I sound like I'm talking to old people.
I was referring to the "daydreams of your youth". Given that the review is for Steam, which is full of teens, it sounds a bit like "the game is for old geezers". I mean, when do you start reminiscing over the "daydreams of your youth"? That usually only happens when you start feeling old, which may or may not be correlated with your real age ;).

I'm "old" myself, so that's not what I'm getting at. I'm just considering the target audience. Anyway, it was just a comment how I saw it. If you think the game is only targeting a nostalgic audience, go ahead.

Last edited:
I'm "old" myself, so that's not what I'm getting at. I'm just considering the target audience. Anyway, it was just a comment how I saw it. If you think the game is only targeting a nostalgic audience, go ahead.

I guess some people never had childhoods. ;p

I was being abstract, with the crazy hope that early gen-y'ers had the same experience as me in those days. I've met people that did. :)

I guess some people never had childhoods. ;p

Hmm, I guess my point doesn't express well the way I meant it. Do you advertise "daydreams of your youth" to 15 year olds? To me, this language specifically excludes them.

Hmm, I guess my point doesn't express well the way I meant it. Do you advertise "daydreams of your youth" to 15 year olds?

Ah. :) Well, no. But I didn't originally write my article for Steam. I wrote it for RPGWatch, and HiddenX used a bit of it for the Steam Curator list - which, as I understand it, was intended more for the use of Watchers and our friends than the average fifteen year old on Steam. :)

And let them think whatever they want, ya know? I'm a writer, and part of being a writer is learning to mean what you say regardless of how people interpret it. After all, part of what keeps you going is the idea that your work will hit its mark with someone. :)

I wrote it for RPGWatch, and HiddenX used a bit of it for the Steam Curator list - which, as I understand it, was intended more for the use of Watchers and our friends than the average fifteen year old on Steam. :)
That's how it works at the moment, but as soon as the RPGWatch curator gets more than 3000 followers, this blurb will specifically appear on the page of that game.

But, maybe, you hit the mark with the target audience of the game, so it might as well be spot-on.

But, maybe, you hit the mark with the target audience of the game, so it might as well be appropriate.

I guess you get to a certain point in your nostalgia and love of games that cater to said nostalgia and you lose sight of the fact that younger people might want to play a particular game too. I suppose I never thought of Eisenwald as something the average teenager would be into, but then I guess that was ageism on my part.

Thanks for reminding me not to be so narrow-minded, Turjan. (I'm actually being serious - not sarcastic - and I hope that comes across.) I'll try to keep a little broader focus in the future. :)

Edit: A bit of clarification, though - what I meant in context was that you see the Middle Ages a lot differently before you learn all the facts, and usually learning all the facts requires getting into your late teens at least and going to college. The combination of life experience and true academics dispels any mystical notion you might have of a particular thing (in this case, a mental image of the middle ages) and replaces it with something more brutal.

...I hope that made sense. :) I think it came across in the actual article. I think.

I played Prince Valiant (=Prinz Eisenherz in German - love that name) and Robin Hood as a kid with my friends in our garden with wooden sticks, self-made shields and bows :)

Best role playing ever. We dreamed of the middle ages. Our role models were Errol Flynn, Tony Curtis, Robert Wagner… from the old Hollywood movies in Technicolor.

I played Prince Valiant (=Prinz Eisenherz in German - love that name) and Robin Hood as a kid with my friends in our garden with wooden sticks, self-made shields and bows :)

Best role playing ever. We dreamed of the middle ages. Our role models were Errol Flynn, Tony Curtis, Robert Wagner… from the old Hollywood movies in Technicolor.

Exactly! :). There's no substitute for youthful ideas about what something was like…

My first interlude with history hit when I was thirteen. I've always written, and in those days I just scribbled. I got it in my head to write a story about me and my friends going to the Middle Ages. I started reading a little about it - enough to fire my imagination - and soon I was listening to Enigma all the time, staring out my bedroom window, totally there in my head. :). That would sound really strange to anyone that has never had a similar experience. Someone either thinks that's insane, or they really really get it, deep down. :)

@Aubrielle: I hope you also understood that this was no criticism of your article from my side. I can only hope to write that eloquently. My style is always a bit barren.

Although I wasn't that much into the Middle Ages as a child - my mother was into Prince Valiant and had some of the comics (and which child shares his dreams with the mother?) - I can, nevertheless, relate. We were actually playing Star Trek on the patio, with the garden furniture abused as bridge of the Enterprise. We had our own adventures to places "where no man has gone before". Plus the old "cowboys and indians" before that. So, yes, I knew what you meant.

Back
Top Bottom