Let's Play NWN EE Modules

I see, that's probably not relevant for PC users then. But wow, impressive, I saw they were supporting Android, but it's good to know it's actually working well!

I was hesitating to buy the new Enhanced Edition when it was on sale, that's why I asked.

Yeah, Aurora's not the most recent engine.. But I still prefer the overall handling in NWN (at least my old Diamond edition), I've tried NWN2:EE again recently and I really had to fight the controls and reconfigure everything. When turning with the keyboard, there's apparently a well-known bug that makes your character turn randomly when you stop, thus facing a random direction. It's driving me mad ;)

So instead of the usual, old-NWN-fashioned way of moving the character with the keyboard, I'm using the other way by click-pointing with the mouse. It leads to other issues sometimes, though.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling :) So that's another interesting campaign worth trying.

Yeah, my favorite is the aurora engine for numerous reasons. Yes, it works great on mobile, I'm already on my 11th custom module! So i finished 10 of them so far. it works well and i only seem to get slowdown during the entanglement spell for some reason. it's something I'm sure they're looking into. I've played Tortured Hearts and it had a full 6 person party, myself and 5 henchmen. worked great.

Good but there forgetting one thing new textures are needed a well. Just upgrading rendering which is essentially filters/D3D will not be enough. Still yes it looks better.

Not as good as NWN2 though. That's a completely different engine then Aurora.:p

I'm not sure what they're doing for textures but I'm sure they are covering that too. they are creating new tilesets for the community and upgrading the toolkit so returning and new users can make better mods, like textures and the like. thanks for no spoilers, I'll look into kosigan next. quick question, does it have a unique visual style? that doesn't matter to me but my friend would like to see me play modules with distinct visual styles.

Y I'll look into kosigan next. quick question, does it have a unique visual style? that doesn't matter to me but my friend would like to see me play modules with distinct visual styles.
Medieval France with the CEP hackpacks.

Here's the link - https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/bastard-kosigan-english-version

Not many mods with distinct visual styles. Unless they use CEP or Project Q.

Check out Enigma Island as well it's three parts set in the Dark Ages.

Link - https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/enigma-island-complete

yeah, he's looking for cep pr project q mods. thanks for the recommendation. I'm not sure what I'm playing next. looking into lankhmar nights actually and a few others. soul shaker, mystara, etc..

p.s. enigma island is too mature for YouTube. they'd suspend my account probably since it has nudity and stuff.

Last edited:
update! i went ahead and started Adventure Series #11, and am doing the module Revenant. it's aweeesomeee so far! feel free to check it out if you want. cheers!

if u guys are interested in the Revenant module, it's really cool! u awake as an undead creature with a singular mission to kill the person who killed u! however ur memories are gone so u have to figure out the mystery. it's got a really neat premise and some interesting mechanics thst are unique to the module. just a heads up. :party:

Love that mod it feels like a spiritual clone of Planescape: Torment. It also has different endings so you have to replay it with different choices. A must play mod.:nod:

If your interested there is a two mod campaign that's almost similar. but not as good.

To Cheat Death - https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/cheat-death
Dark times have begun for all the living creatures of Faerun. The orc hordes gather in the north, the Thay empire slowly spreads its influence over the continent. Shades, surviving members of ancient Netheril empire start to prepare for a war.

But this module isn't about it. It's about very bored mercenary that arrives to a small town on the Sword Coast. Across the inn where you rented a room lives a fortune-teller. And so you decide to visit her.
The Dark Ride - https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/dark-ride
A module about a mohrg. (see screens) You can start with a 1st level, 7 - level or a character exported from "To Cheat Death"

This is my second module. It is a sequel to "To Cheat Death". "To Cheat Death" had three endings, and this module follows its "evil" storyline. Playing "To Cheat Death" is not required for this module.

ahh nice recommendations couch! i will look into them. i might not want to cover a very similar module right after Revenant but that doesn't mean i couldn't do them in the future.

I'm thinking of jumping into Mystara next, for something more lighthearted. it uses the classic mystara setting of d&d that the old beat em ups used. seems like a fun little adventure. we'll see though. send more recommendations if u have some!

I'm a bit out of the loop with NWN mods..what are the best puzzles mods available? (something along the lines of Grimrock type puzzles). I remeber playing an Eye Of The Beholder mod about 10 years ago and that was pretty good.

I'm a bit out of the loop with NWN mods..what are the best puzzles mods available? (something along the lines of Grimrock type puzzles). I remeber playing an Eye Of The Beholder mod about 10 years ago and that was pretty good.

you could try swordflight, which is a hardcore difficulty module with some puzzles and deadly combat. not sure about modules with a lot of puzzles though, sorry. maybe @Couchpotato; knows.

you could try swordflight, which is a hardcore difficulty module with some puzzles and deadly combat. not sure about modules with a lot of puzzles though, sorry. maybe @Couchpotato knows.
I don't know to many that are puzzle focused except Infinite Dungeons. You can buy the newer enhanced version for $2 or download the older non-enhanced version.

Also this one has some good puzzles toward the end.

Agrenost - http://neverwintervault.org/project/…eneath-cobbles

I don't know to many that are puzzle focused except Infinite Dungeons. You can buy the newer enhanced version for $2 or download the older non-enhanced version.

Also this one has some good puzzles toward the end.

Agrenost - http://neverwintervault.org/project/…eneath-cobbles

that module does sound cool. is it really that good couch? i may start either that, a toee module or lankhmar nights next.

I never liked Infinite Dungeons but if your asking about Agrenost then yes. That mod has a different prologue depending on class and your alignment. It's an underrated mod.

yeah i meant agrenost. I'll definitely move it up my list. so many modules to cover, sheez, i love it lol.

Thanks a lot..Swordflight, and especially Agrenost sound like my cup of tea..I will give them a try.

no problem! hope u enjoy. nice to see people still giving these modules a shot. :party:

update! started prophet ch. 3. very interesting stuff so far, would really recommend the prophet series if u want a great and interesting story.

next I'm doing ToEE & Lankhmar Nights. going to use the subrace feature of toee to roll a strongheart halfling probably, and then let my mom create the character for Lankhmar. fun stuff! :)

mom rolled a sverfneblin (deep gnome) wizard. +2 dex -2 con -4 cha. pretty interesting character overall.

next I'm doing ToEE & Lankhmar Nights. going to use the subrace feature of toee to roll a strongheart halfling probably, and then let my mom create the character for Lankhmar. fun stuff! :)

Lankhmar Nights night isn't bad it's actually based on a few books. Just a word of advice it's a bunch of single mods rolled into one package, and previous knowledge helps.

You might also like these two mods as well.

Tales of Arterra - Lost - https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/tales-arterra-lost
Tales of Arterra - Awakening
- https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/tales-arterra-awakening

Back
Top Bottom