Let's Play NWN EE Modules

Lankhmar Nights night isn't bad it's actually based on a few books. Just a word of advice it's a bunch of single mods rolled into one package, and previous knowledge helps.

You might also like these two mods as well.

Tales of Arterra - Lost - https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/tales-arterra-lost
Tales of Arterra - Awakening
- https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/tales-arterra-awakening

yeah, those 2 I've already downloaded. thanks again couch. can't wait to check out lankhmar. just started toee t1-4 on my channel!

update. just started lankhmar nights! and it's really good and very customized and unique. the world itself is also very original, digging it a lot!

When the sverfneblin tries to cast a sleep spell, have the target use the mystical incantation of "but moooooooooooohm". That gives them a two round delay before falling asleep. 1 round if the wizard makes a wisdom saving throw. (+5 on the save if the wizard has the "stink eye" trait.)
;)

Last edited:
When the sverfneblin tries to cast a sleep spell, have the target use the mystical incantation of "but moooooooooooohm". That gives them a two round delay before falling asleep. 1 round if the wizard makes a wisdom saving through. (+5 on the save if the wizard has the "stink eye" trait.)
;)

haha! funny. :) mom doesn't care much for playing rpgs but i got her liking creating characters in nwn. we have a lot of fun doing that together.

lankhmar nights so far is very good, and very custom! it uses different tilesets and has totally unique lore (based on the fritz leiber books), different sound, music, icons, etc.. very cool. i recommend it to anyone who wants something unique to play, almost like a brand new rpg!

Last edited:
update!

I'm now doing a FRUA Playthroughs series, starting with the module The Lost Swords. playing it via an emulator on android. lots of fun so far so come join me if u want to see some classic frua modules be played! :party:

Not related to the modules listed in your OP, but I'm playing Pirates of the Sword coast at the moment & I'm trying to find out if its normal that the Bandits spawn indefinitely as soon as you engage in combat with the two bandit sub-leaders outside the seedy public house where you have to find Martins?

I tried to google but got no luck & so I watched a youtube channel, but they weren't commentating & just did the same thing, so I have no idea if that person knew what they were doing or if they were as bewildered as me.

I don't want spoilers or guides, I just want to know if they are now permanent respawns until I do something else at some point and whether this is normal and intentional.

Not related to the modules listed in your OP, but I'm playing Pirates of the Sword coast at the moment & I'm trying to find out if its normal that the Bandits spawn indefinitely as soon as you engage in combat with the two bandit sub-leaders outside the seedy public house where you have to find Martins?

I tried to google but got no luck & so I watched a youtube channel, but they weren't commentating & just did the same thing, so I have no idea if that person knew what they were doing or if they were as bewildered as me.

I don't want spoilers or guides, I just want to know if they are now permanent respawns until I do something else at some point and whether this is normal and intentional.

no clue, sorry. u should ask over at the neverwinter vault, though. that's where i always get answers. good luck!

Not to worry, I've since played on.

It caught me unawares at first because I thought I could finish them all off. but then they just didn't stop coming & so I eventually died. When I reloaded I got different loot from one of the sub-leaders, making me realise loot was also random, which was really annoying as multiple reloads didn't give me the loot I particularly liked from that first encounter.

But at least I finally figured out how to deal with the situation.

Not to worry, I've since played on.

It caught me unawares at first because I thought I could finish them all off. but then they just didn't stop coming & so I eventually died. When I reloaded I got different loot from one of the sub-leaders, making me realise loot was also random, which was really annoying as multiple reloads didn't give me the loot I particularly liked from that first encounter.

But at least I finally figured out how to deal with the situation.

You can get really quick answers on the Vault and NWN discords. Vault is more technical. I've finished Pirates but it was a long time ago - I don't remember.
@TheRealFluent;, I must insist you play my mod!

@TheRealFluent;, I must insist you play my mod!

I'll keep it in mind! I have 4 current adventures going - ToEE T1-4, Revenant, Lankhmar Nights and midway through Ch. 3 of the Prophet series. I can't start anymore at the moment but once I finish one or two of these I can look at your mod and add it to my list! There's a ton of em I still want to cover. Cheers! :party:

@Lucky Day;,

could u do me a big favor? I need to know what the filenames are of the icons in the mobile version of nwn's hotbar. i need to know what to name the .tga files in the ovr folder to oerride the quick icons. quick map, inventory, character sheet, etc..

a few of the icons changed with Reborn UI, such as the rest icon and the spellbook. the rest of them didn't change with the mod. i think it's a filename issue, the icons are named something different on the mobile version. could u find out what the names are by opening the mobile version in the editor or something? i'd really appreciate it!

Screenshot_20201228-140611_NWNEE.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like you got your answer from niv himself

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/81218/trying-to-mod-hotbar-icons-on-android-please-help#latest

@Lucky Day;,

could u do me a big favor? I need to know what the filenames are of the icons in the mobile version of nwn's hotbar. i need to know what to name the .tga files in the ovr folder to oerride the quick icons. quick map, inventory, character sheet, etc..

a few of the icons changed with Reborn UI, such as the rest icon and the spellbook. the rest of them didn't change with the mod. i think it's a filename issue, the icons are named something different on the mobile version. could u find out what the names are by opening the mobile version in the editor or something? i'd really appreciate it!

Screenshot_20201228-140611_NWNEE.jpg

Thanks for the heads up, @Lucky Day; ! I didn't have success, I'm trying to get all the icons changed but I'm just not having much luck. The icons that are in the Reborn UI, the 3 that are right are already pb_but_xxx. The ir_xxxx files are too large for the icons and look bad. And I don't think they are the correct icons to begin with. Weird. Any idea how I could get those icons that appear under the character portrait on the right to become the icons for the mobile version? Rest, PVP and spell book are already there.

Thanks for the heads up, @Lucky Day; ! I didn't have success, I'm trying to get all the icons changed but I'm just not having much luck. The icons that are in the Reborn UI, the 3 that are right are already pb_but_xxx. The ir_xxxx files are too large for the icons and look bad. And I don't think they are the correct icons to begin with. Weird. Any idea how I could get those icons that appear under the character portrait on the right to become the icons for the mobile version? Rest, PVP and spell book are already there.

Have you tested any prototype icons of the same name. I've messed with Gimp quite a bit. They may be of fixed size and may stretch the image. I would ask niv maybe to see if there's settings to change the size if the image is okay and it's the size that's the issue - UI is what he specializes in.

Also, mobile uses different formats than the PC versions - namely because the targa's Bioware used were beta versions and not standard/backwards/upside down.

We're just starting to get a wiki together on the more technical side of things. Jasperre's been doing a ton of work which is amazing for a guy that doesn't do custom content.

https://nwn.wiki/display/NWN1/GUI+Texture+Replacements

Have you tested any prototype icons of the same name. I've messed with Gimp quite a bit. They may be of fixed size and may stretch the image. I would ask niv maybe to see if there's settings to change the size if the image is okay and it's the size that's the issue - UI is what he specializes in.

Also, mobile uses different formats than the PC versions - namely because the targa's Bioware used were beta versions and not standard/backwards/upside down.

We're just starting to get a wiki together on the more technical side of things. Jasperre's been doing a ton of work which is amazing for a guy that doesn't do custom content.

https://nwn.wiki/display/NWN1/GUI+Texture+Replacements

I thought about opening the icons that *do* work right, and checking their size, etc., and then scaling down the bigger images to be the same size. Just haven't got to my computer yet (tablet guy). I got icons working now they're just too large, and still can't find the proper icons in Reborn UI files for *map, *quicksave, or *options menu. Do u think u could peek at the Reborn Ui files to see what I'm missing? And for some reason the icons don't look like that pinkish consistency of the 3 that did work in the screenshot. Weird.

What's Reborn?

Yes, definitely check the ones that do work, check their size, then we can track down the other ones. We can probably use nwnexplorer to export them or you might have to see directly in Android. It's been 7 years since I logged into the Android command line so it's been awhile.

What's Reborn?

Yes, definitely check the ones that do work, check their size, then we can track down the other ones. We can probably use nwnexplorer to export them or you might have to see directly in Android. It's been 7 years since I logged into the Android command line so it's been awhile.

Reborn UI - https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwnee/other/gui/reborn-ui

Examining the files I found 3 pb_but_xxx files already in the files of Reborn, and they are the icons that matched on the screenshot. However, there is no pb_but_inv, pb_but_jour, etc. etc.. The ir_inventory etc. files are for radial menus as niv pointed out. So I'm wondering, where are the other files? I searched the files for keywords like jour, inv, etc.. and didn't really find what I was looking for. I don't know what else to look for. If you have any suggestions, feel free. I'd like to get all the icons on the left to be that pinkish hue modded look. If you look at screens of PC nwn you can see those icons on the right under the char portrait and they are all there. Cheers.

Edit - You know what I did? Combined BG UI + BG2 UI + Custom Menus and made my own dang thing. Ch-ch-check it out!

WPdKUAm

https://imgur.com/a/WPdKUAm

vXdv8g3

https://imgur.com/a/vXdv8g3

Maybe I could resize the icons a bit but I don't mind that they're small and uncentered. I don't feel like editing them. That monster is now my baby, lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom