Lords of the Fallen - Interview @ VG 24/7

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
VG 24/7 has posted the full interview with Producer Tomasz Gop about hiis new game Lords of the Fallen. They talk about the game’s setting, its tough difficulty, and morality.

Lords of the Fallen is out this year and has been in co-development for over two years at CI Games and Deck 13. If there’s one thing Gop’s time on The Witcher franchise has taught him; it’s that carefully propositioning your players is the key to making a good first impression. There’s no advantage to dressing mutton as lamb, and that’s why we haven’t seen a gameplay trailer yet. Gop admitted he is stressing out a little about that first footage, as it has to perfectly explain what kind of game Lords is.

It’s not Dark Souls, it’s not The Witcher 2; it’s something that spans both games and more. That it can’t be so readily pigeon-holed in its entirety is surely a major plus-point for Gop and his team. “Technically,” he concluded, “in my opinion, this is a very different game to The Witcher, because it’s not an orthodox RPG, which I perceive The Witcher to be.

“It’s an action RPG. We have not released any gameplay trailers yet. There is one trailer that is out, but we’re working very hard to deliver the gameplay trailer soon. I don’t know when that’s going to be yet, but you can be sure that the kind of depicting and the picturing of the user experience in all the trailers that we’re going to do is going to be a bit more like an action movie, rather than telling the story, which is probably what CD Projekt is trying to do.”

“I don’t think you can stick similarities between the games, but the way that we work; the way that we message the game, and the way that you’re going to be ready to experience what you’re getting in the box the day that you buy it is important.”
More information.

Last edited:
Agreed. The same non-screenshot "screenshots" and pointless interviews. I expect mediocrity any time there is hype with no content. Maybe it vaporware.

Back
Top Bottom