Lords of the Fallen - Preview @ Hardcore Gamer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Hardcore Gamer also released a new preview this week for the ARPG Lords of the Fallen.

After playing Lords of the Fallen there is no doubt in my mind that this game is attempting to fill that gap. Lords of the Fallen is almost exactly like From Software’s games, but it is currently missing the nuances that make Dark Souls so good. The level design in Dark Souls is meticulously crafted so that every death feels like it was your fault. Lords of the Fallen is missing that, and needs that if it is too be more than just a Dark Souls alternative.
More information.

yup, it seems fast paced, lacking depth in plot lore, atmosphere.. it just seems to want a cool graphics on cool gameplay recipe

not my cup of tea. Im interested in exactly the opposite

I like the story of Lords of the Fallen much better, because it places weight on the positive, uplifting side, builds up the player. Plus this game looks a helluva lot better than DS1-2.

I wish we were in Next-Next Gen with the combat animations, where the player with that long Glaive / Dervish Spear / bladed spear would detect narrow corridors and change fighting style to narrower movements, so the blade doesn't get stuck in the walls, which it should, when not changing technique corresponding to how much space is available to swing a weapon.

As for Dark Souls I-II I didn't like the gloomy story that is psychologically destructive = become dead, soulless, die a lot, death being emphasized too much in-game - to give to children and adults.

Back
Top Bottom