Lords of the Fallen - Release Date Announced

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Square Enix & CI Games announced the release date for Lords of the Fallen in a new press release. Here are the details for those interested in the game.

Lords of the Fallen launches October 31st

London, UK – 9 th July, 2014: Square Enix is pleased to announce Lords of the Fallen, CI Games’ next-generation action/role-playing game will hit retail on October 31 st for the Xbox One® all-in-one games and entertainment system, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and PC

In Lords of the Fallen, you are Harkyn, the best of the worst of humanity. A convicted criminal, Harkyn is given a chance for redemption. But just as the rulers of the world get close to finding a way to banish all evil from humans, an army of the long-ago defeated god attacks the human realm. Released from prison, Harkyn and his mentor, Kaslo, set out on a mission to stop the war.

In his journey, Harkyn will forge strong alliances and face even stronger enemies. He will learn the true power of the Rhogar Lords - commanders of god's army. He will even bring the battle to the Rhogar, travelling to the heart of the demonic dimension.

Will the god manage to enslave humans again? Is mankind really able to banish evil? Will Harkyn's sins ever be forgiven?

Lords of the Fallen releases at retail for Xbox one and PlayStation 4 on October 31 st at £49.99 and on PC for £29.99

For more information on Lords of the Fallen please visit http://lordsofthefallen.com/ or https://www.facebook.com/lotfgame
More information.

October is looking to be WAY too overcrowded for my liking...well, it'll just mean a bunch of good games go on the backburner.. #firstworldrpggamerproblems

IIRC Lords of the Fallen is supposed to be a grinder with crapload of bosses.
If my memory doesn't play tricks on me, I'm not buying unless someone mods mobs immortality out. :)

Does anybody know for sure if you can only play as a male character in this game?

Does anybody know for sure if you can only play as a male character in this game?
The developers have chosen to have you play as a male character called Harkyn.
In an unforgiving world where no sin is ever forgotten, Harkyn, a convicted criminal, is given a chance for redemption. Just when rulers of the world get close to finding a way to banish all evil from humans, an army of the long-ago defeated god attacks the human realm. Released from prison, Harkyn and his mentor, Kaslo, set out on a mission to stop the war.
So no you can not play as a female character in the game.

It's really earlier than I expected. I didn't expect this game to be released before 2015. Anyway 2014 is really shaping up to be greater year for us RPG enthusiasts.

Couchpotato, I previously assumed that you could only play as a male character in Bound by Flame from similar descriptions, which all featured a male name, as well as "he", "his", etc. Yet later it turned out that the name stood in for any gender of choice. I learnt about it by sheer accident from a guy who bought the game and accidentally slipped in conversation that you could choose gender at creation screen. Might be the same story here, after all, a restriction that negatively affects sales is pretty strange, imho.

So I guess I'll have to wait till someone plays it! Or maybe for a beta.

It's disappointing how hard it often is to find out such a crucial bit of information with 100% certainty.

Couchpotato, I previously assumed that you could only play as a male character in Bound by Flame from similar descriptions, which all featured a male name, as well as "he", "his", etc. Yet later it turned out that the name stood in for any gender of choice. I learnt about it by sheer accident from a guy who bought the game and accidentally slipped in conversation that you could choose gender at creation screen. Might be the same story here, after all, a restriction that negatively affects sales is pretty strange, imho.

So I guess I'll have to wait till someone plays it! Or maybe for a beta.

It's disappointing how hard it often is to find out such a crucial bit of information with 100% certainty.
The lead is male and confirmed by the developer it wont change.

Link- http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/25/lords-of-the-fallen-on-ps4-a-challenge-worth-facing/
The name, face, body and gender of our main character is set. We had to make a decision here because of storyline, and credibility – we want to make it believable that Harkyn could actually wield all these weapons, wear all this armor, use that powerful magic, etc. It really had to be him.
I probably should of added the link to my reply above.:embarrassed:

Thanks, Couchpotato! It's nice to know for sure.

Well then, I will pass, a card-board "manly man" suggests lack of creativity to come up with interesting characters. He's in all games and it's all the same, geez. I wouldn't mind if it was a male, but please a different one, for a change.

And I don't know if anyone plays games for realism, I certainly play for fun. ;)

Back
Top Bottom