Lords of the Fallen - Review @ Chalgyr's

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Chalgyr's Game Room has the next review for Lords of the Fallen this week, and the site awarded the game with a final score of 8/10. Here is why.

From the lack of a map to minimal resources like potions, Lords of the Fallen, while not as polished as the Dark Souls titles, is certainly worth the time and investment. Awaiting you is a decent tale of an ex-con turned war-time hero and an civilization's fight against overwhelming odds; I was hooked the moment I saw Lords of the Fallen at E3 and it paid off in every way possible.
More information.

It's a 9/10 for me so far.

Great exploration with many hidden secrets, fun combat system, lots of cool loot. The biggest thing I like is the lack of information. I'm 25 hours in. ( restarted several time) and there is still so much to learn about everything. Still haven't figured out all the effects of different stats, weapon or runes. I just found a whole new area towards the beginning of the game in an area I've explored several times. I also just discovered a way to get a weapon I never new about in an area I've been several times.

I know a lot of people won't like the investment required to really learn the game but it's something I really love. The problem with this kind of game is that if you don't invest the time you will miss a lot of what makes the game great and the game will seem shallow and just about the combat. Much like dark souls in that respect.

Of course none of what I've said will matter at all if they don't fix the technical mess that it is. I've been pretty lucky but not immune to the technical glitches. There are still many that can't even play the game.

And yes mouse and keyboard support is excellent.:)

It's a 9/10 for me so far.

Great exploration with many hidden secrets, fun combat system, lots of cool loot. The biggest thing I like is the lack of information. I'm 25 hours in. ( restarted several time) and there is still so much to learn about everything. Still haven't figured out all the effects of different stats, weapon or runes. I just found a whole new area towards the beginning of the game in an area I've explored several times. I also just discovered a way to get a weapon I never new about in an area I've been several times.

I know a lot of people won't like the investment required to really learn the game but it's something I really love. The problem with this kind of game is that if you don't invest the time you will miss a lot of what makes the game great and the game will seem shallow and just about the combat. Much like dark souls in that respect.

Of course none of what I've said will matter at all if they don't fix the technical mess that it is. I've been pretty lucky but not immune to the technical glitches. There are still many that can't even play the game.

And yes mouse and keyboard support is excellent.:)

Brilliant, thanks you for your view. Exploration and stats are some of the main highlights of my addiction to Dark Souls, and Lords of the Fallen seems to fit the bill. Will certainly pick it up once I upgrade my computer (hopefully in January next year and before Witcher 3).

My biggest complaint about it is it's really easy to get lost. The graphics are great, but it's just really confusing to move around in. Not sure why, I'm usually pretty good at navigating these kind of games.

And I know it's a heresy around here, but... this game has the best controller vibration ever. Man, you FEEL it when you hit a backstab... and you feel it when you pull your weapon OUT of the backstab. Really nicely done, syncs up with the excellent sound effects as well.

PS4 here. Will say it's a little jittery sometimes and I've had it crash on me a few times, so far from perfect.

Back
Top Bottom