Loren The Amazon Princess

RPGWatch

An RPGWatch Bot
Administrator
Loren The Amazon Princess is a fantasy epic combining intricate turn-based battles with a heroic tale of overcoming evil -- with a twist! In this tale, you play as a loyal servant of the hero rather than the hero herself.

Travel by Princess Loren's side as she searches for her lost mother, the Queen of the Amazons. Guide her choices and act as her valiant defender, meeting many colorful characters along the way. As the journey progresses, everyone will grow and change -- character development in games isn't dead! It's also impossible to see all the content in just one playthrough, with so many ways to customize the characters.

Hardcore role-playing games with replay value are becoming rarer in today's age of simplification for the masses. The developers of the hit title Planet Stronghold have dedicated themselves to keeping old-school RPGs alive through this new adventure.

More information.

Hasn't it been out for quite a while? I think I've had this in my library for months but couldn't get into it. It's a jRPG and all about lovey dovey between your character and the princess. Since I'm not 12 and I've been laid before, it just doesn't work for me :D

Since I'm not 12 and I've been laid before, it just doesn't work for me :D
It's like saying "Wasteland 2 Scotchmo doesn't work for me as I'm not 12 and I've been drunk before".
Or like saying "FarCry3 doesn't work for me as I'm not 12 and I've been stoned before".
:p

The game is very good for what it is. In fact with bigger production values (read: with ten times more cash that'd provide some modern engine eyecandy) I bet it'd sell like a cure.

Sounds like an everyday romance, at least for some people, that shall not be named here.
There are too few cavaliers around, these days. ;)

It's a jRPG and all about lovey dovey between your character and the princess. Since I'm not 12 and I've been laid before, it just doesn't work for me :D
Click through graphic novel type gameplay and an extremely simplistic combat. I'm 12 and I haven't been laid before but it doesn't work for me either.

It's kind of in the ok to mediocre range. I wouldn't recommend it, but I wouldn't strongly warn anyone away either. If your desperate for a turn based RPG there are worse options. The story feels like it's written by a 14 year old, but it's not awful and at least it makes an effort. The combat is not great or well thought out, but it's generally over quickly and doesn't get too tedious.

Well, I may not have gotten laid as much as our good mr. Peanut here, but I picked it up and I'm strangely enjoying it. Writing does feel like teen fan fiction, most of the time, but it "fits" the game well. Played it only about few hours, but I can already tell that romance is way out of Bioware's league. :p
There is "some" character building…pretty simple, straightforward… three classes, three stats, two skill trees with moderate amount of skill points. Not sure how far C&C goes, but you can play with dialogue options and do some character building…similar to DA2 joker/diplomacy/aggressive options.
Highly recommend this to anyone into Amazon chicks. :p

Back
Top Bottom