Lost Ark

D

DArtTooEarly

For some reason, I experienced no queues when I tried it :)

I couldn't stomach more than 10 minutes, though.

SirJames

SasqWatch
For some reason, I experienced no queues when I tried it :)

I couldn't stomach more than 10 minutes, though.

That is really not very long. I can't think of much you could bounce off so quickly.

Let me guess…. The controls were not familiar enough? You want to jump in and immediately know how to control the game perfectly?

I find the 8 abilities pretty awkward, too. I don't think I properly got the hang of it until after level 50 and still fumble a bit when I need to use a counter ability.

But I find it also makes the game feel fresher and less like a Diablo clone. There's a bit of learning something new involved.

Obviously you wont see any challenge in the first 10 minutes, or even 10 hours, but once you get to 50 and the real game starts it gets pretty challenging and fun with the various dungeons and raids. There's a couple of them that I actually think are too hard and I've even considered complaining to them about how some mechanics are taking the fun out of some bosses.

Like, the final tier 1 abyssal dungeon has so many instant wipe mechanics that your gear score is almost completely irrelevant.

Theres another guardian boss with an instant wipe that I hate because you have to keep up 1 or 2 stacks of a debuff so you have time when he starts casting the wipe to get 3. I feel like it ruins the fight focusing on the wipe mechanic when its more fun to focus on smashing up the boss with the excellent combat system.

But most of the end-game content has been very fun.

There's just a few things that I'm kind of too lazy to do. Lots of collecting stuff. Plus, I can't really be bothered running my two level 50 alts through the storyline to the tier2 areas.

But, yeah, over all my impressions are pretty positive. I'm not much into questing, but if you can push through it and get to the end-game there's some great dungeons…. and more questing. :p

D

DArtTooEarly

No, the game screamed of spectacle over compelling design - and seemed to offer zero challenge or interesting progression (it seemed to me you essentially had all skills from a very early stage).

Coupled with what I know about having to drone through 10-20 hours of "tutorial" zero challenge content made me quit before investing.

I like the whole rags to riches thing too much.

I hate games that start me off as some kind of superhero that can do amazing things - because it dulls my sense of progression.

Top Bottom