LOTRO Plans for 2017

beldurax

Old RPG Addict
I need to download this again and hope I remember my logon stuff. I have a level 100 character I haven't looked at in over a year im sure.

Personally, I am looking forward to most to what Standing Stone does with this upcoming High Elf race. Developer/head lore monkey "MadeOfLions" has stated that they are essentially remnants of the Noldor bloodline left in ME. Tolkien Professor Corey Olsen has pretty much stated the same. If that is indeed the case, the ramifications of such a playable race is huge, in-game. It *should* mean that at a minimum, High Elves can now spec out as Captains, or at least some kind of special type of Captain of their own. Noldor made truly great leaders of both Men and Elves in Tolkien canon. I wonder about the Noldor's truly amazing crafting abilities (remembering such legendary smiths as Celebrimbor), and will they be reflected as well ?

The Mordor expansion is also a biggie. If they treat it right, like I believe they will (not like another Helm's Deep disaster), it could be another Moria-like masterpiece. Time will tell !

I suggest you expect another Helm's deep disaster...better be prepared, you know.

I reinstalled the game since the 2017 plan announcement, but I'm not going to start playing it yet. I need to make a new character anyway, Warden is way to complicated to get back into after 2 years, lol.

I suggest you expect another Helm's deep disaster…better be prepared, you know.

I reinstalled the game since the 2017 plan announcement, but I'm not going to start playing it yet. I need to make a new character anyway, Warden is way to complicated to get back into after 2 years, lol.

I honestly believe the core group at SSG has learned from the mistakes that were made on HD. I do not, for the life of me, believe we will see anything even approaching the debacle that was Helm's Deep, again.

i used to play LOTRO religiously, but left around the time of Rise of Isengaard. what went so wrong with helm's deep?

Mordor Expansion releasing this coming Monday, all things going well ! Although, from what I have seen of the last beta on Bullroarer, I would hope they delay this launch for quality sake ... we shall see !

Back
Top Bottom