BG3 Loving it

Baldur's gate 3

CelticFrost

SasqWatch
Loving it Baldurs Gate 3

Being a long time everyone!!! hope you all are well.

All i can say is i forget if i am playing a larian game …..

It is like Divinity meets Pillars……

So dark and ….

50 hours in

Last edited:
Welcome back, @CelticFrost;.

I've played BG III for a couple of hours, but I'll wait for the release version now.

Welcome back, @CelticFrost;.

I've played BG III for a couple of hours, but I'll wait for the release version now.

Thank you for that Hidden,

Not trying to change your mind at all....and i hear you. Lots of great games to play or replay out there.

This feels finish, other then the camera at times. I am full invested now.

It is a great game. I have over a 100 hours in the EA and can't wait for the official release! Not in any rush though, got plenty of things in life to keep me busy till it is out.

It's great to hear all these impressions (that are spoiler free). Like HiddenX, I am also in the camp of waiting for release but because BG3 is one of my most anticipated titles of all time i'm pleased to hear positive feeback from trusted RPGWatch members.

I've put a lot of time into the game, mainly trying different builds, but I've decided not to play it now until full release so that I don't get bored when that happens. Trying different builds is fun and you only need to play a couple of levels to get a feel for the build, so it's a worthwhile endeavour with so many good choices available!!

I've put a lot of time into the game, mainly trying different builds, but I've decided not to play it now until full release so that I don't get bored when that happens. Trying different builds is fun and you only need to play a couple of levels to get a feel for the build, so it's a worthwhile endeavour with so many good choices available!!

I am the same build since 1984, I have tried others and i just don't like them.
I am the avatar of U4.

Boring as it is I am always a male, fighter, two handed with compassion out the ……

I started over once, only because i didn't take the first part of the game seriously, big mistake, it is game on. No, hey we are going to easy you into this….as you don't have the option of story mode(you know what i mean)..you are just playing early access.

I am at level 4 now, ending the first chapter…

not that I didn't like the silliness of Divinity games..i have 100's of hours into them.

not that I didn't like the way Pillars game played, as they are ….so dark and real.

It seems this has it all…and if we are a a year away and it plays to me like a finished game all ready…WOW WOW WOW WOW.

GAME OF THE >>>>you have you choice on that

The physics in the game with, throw, shove, jump and dash...

GAME CHANGERS

It's great to hear all these impressions (that are spoiler free). Like HiddenX, I am also in the camp of waiting for release but because BG3 is one of my most anticipated titles of all time i'm pleased to hear positive feeback from trusted RPGWatch members.

The spoiler is...save up all the time off you can from what ever enslaves you to this world

so when this game comes out you can get lost in a world that we were meant to live in....

Welcome back bro. As for me I'm in the wait for release to play crowd. Hopefully by 2024.

Who wants puzzles?
If you don't, then don't bother with this game.

if you don't like, spend 4 hours in a small area...well go play something else.

For a person that hasn't posted here in for ever ......

I know...

I was bored the other day, winter is holding on hard here. The rains and winds off the ocean. So i figured...buy it. you are going to buy it an year anyways.
The first Pillars was so damm buggy you played it completely 3 times.

I know i am sounding like a complete Fan boy.

It is that good ....i see some of the area's for fill as i am playing.

WTF, if they do that, how long will this game be if you are aa completist like myself.

Would you say it does a good job of capturing the spirit of BG2?

Welcome back bro. As for me I'm in the wait for release to play crowd. Hopefully by 2024.

how the heck are you brother?

Good to see and hear from you.

Your world in the States...I know this isn't the place but wow. how are you holding up with all that stuff.

Thank god for this games...

Hey i am not a fan of watch people play nor a fan of dark souls games

But love watching people play that new one Elden Rings.

Would you say it does a good job of capturing the spirit of BG2?

Well now!!!!!!!

That was not something I was thinking about while playing it.

It, might be the best thing i have ever played to be honest with you(first RP was U3) in 83.)

There is a feeling that your companions , are yours even if you might disagree with them. I already feel i am invested in this world and want to know more about it.

They need to have a better option from torch to weapon if that helps…

A simple side quest is ..

Yes, and if not Yes it is a world you want to be in

I think the physic in are just so game changing to me. To be able to shove in a fight...or set up in a fight.

I took on some level 4 at level 2...sure it took 5 hours and 100 reloads.

but was it worth it to find out how to beat them that way...

not that I didn't like the silliness of Divinity games..i have 100's of hours into them.

not that I didn't like the way Pillars game played, as they are ….so dark and real.

It seems this has it all…and if we are a a year away and it plays to me like a finished game all ready…WOW WOW WOW WOW.

GAME OF THE >>>>you have you choice on that

The physics in the game with, throw, shove, jump and dash…

GAME CHANGERS

I played a few tens of hours last year, and I liked it a lot even though it's a limited experience with the level cap. Definitely looking forward to it.

I prefer not to compare to other BG games and see this as a new experience.

I liked the companions and their believable personality, the vast gorgeous world instead of separate small locations, the freedom given to the player to mess with the environment and to choose different approaches in actions, quests and dialogues.

The unclear tweaked D&D mechanics felt less appealing at first, but after a quick adaptation it was fine. I didn't like the UI, it's too messy and awkward to control for a game of this standing.

I don't care much for Larian's buffoonery but it was piped down a lot in BG3, wasn't it? Even if we've all seen the salami silliness. ;) Old classic RPGs had that kind of stuff too, it's fine.

Yeah, it already did feel much like a finished game.

Well now!!!!!!!

That was not something I was thinking about while playing it.

It, might be the best thing i have ever played to be honest with you(first RP was U3) in 83.)

There is a feeling that your companions , are yours even if you might disagree with them. I already feel i am invested in this world and want to know more about it.

They need to have a better option from torch to weapon if that helps…

A simple side quest is ..

Yes, and if not Yes it is a world you want to be in

I think the physic in are just so game changing to me. To be able to shove in a fight…or set up in a fight.

I took on some level 4 at level 2…sure it took 5 hours and 100 reloads.

but was it worth it to find out how to beat them that way…
Hahaha, sounds like you're having a blast.

I'm with Corwin. I played this for about 20 hours and will wait now. But I found it to be a lot of fun.

Last edited:
That would be perfect. I will retire in 2024 so I can make BG3 my new day job then…
You'll need a man cave and twelve months of supplies good luck. ;)

Larian claims 2023 is the target release now but my spider-sense says not till 2024.

You'll need a man cave and twelve months of supplies good luck. ;)

Larian claims 2023 is the target release now but my spider-sense says not till 2024.

I believe it is more likely they release in 2023 and add DLC and then an Enhanced Edition in 2024/2025.
This way they will not have lied, and can still be in EA in earnest. :D

Back
Top Bottom