Marvel's Midnight Suns - Delayed Again

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
PCGamesN reports that Marvel's Midnight Suns has been delayed into potentially the new fiscal year.

Marvel's Midnight Suns, the prog rock-style supergroups, has been delayed, possibly into next year. Publisher 2K says the delay will keep the game in the current fiscal year, meaning the new Marvel's Midnight Suns release date will be sometime before March 31, 2023.

During its quarterly earnings call, 2K said it was pushing back the launch of Marvel's Midnight Suns in order "to ensure the teams at Firaxis Games and 2K deliver the best possible experience for our fans." 2K's fiscal year ends on March 31, and the publisher says it expects the game to launch before then, but did not specify a new release date. It had been scheduled to launch October 7.

[...]
More information.

And another game gets delayed till next year. Which game will be next? Seriously the holiday schedule for larger games is pretty bare given the various delay of games.

I'm not kidding as 33 games have been pushed back to sometime next year already.

And another game gets delayed till next year. Which game will be next? Seriously the holiday schedule for larger games is pretty bare given the various delay of games.

I'm not kidding as 33 games have been pushed back to sometime next year already.
Yeah, but which of those 33 would you have played ? :D

Yeah, but which of those 33 would you have played ? :D
Well you asked here you go.

1. The Settlers
2. Forspoken
3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2
4. The Witcher 3 Next-Gen
5. Redfall
6. Starfield
7. Marvel's Midnight Suns
8. Dying Light 2 Story DLC
9. Homeworld 3
10. The Lord of the Rings: Gollum
11. STALKER 2 : Hearts of Chernobyl

1. The Settlers
2. Forspoken
3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2
4. The Witcher 3 Next-Gen
5. Redfall
6. Starfield
7. Marvel's Midnight Suns
8. Dying Light 2 Story DLC
9. Homeworld 3
10. The Lord of the Rings: Gollum
11. STALKER 2 : Hearts of Chernobyl

You didn't ask, but here's my view on your list :D

1. I didn't know there were doing a remake of The Settler - That could be fun, although my preferred iteration was #3.
2. Need to check what this is.
3. Not for me.
4. Not for me.
5. Need to check what this is.
6. I'm not keeping my hopes up for this one as I've not been a fan of Bethesda games.
7. Slightly optimistic about this one.
8. Not for me.
9. Not for me.
10. Didn't know about it, might check it out.
11. I didn't like #1 much although in theory I should have, so I'll keep an eye out.

Yeah my list was a mix of different games and not all RPGs. Not for everyone. On the plus side it's only a delay of a few months, and they don't need to stop the pr campaign.

Just ask CDPR they wasted money on multiple games and kept delaying them.

PC Gamer's print magazine had a big preview of Midnight Suns.

I really hope there's a demo of that game. It sounds interesting, but I'm still not sure if I'm going to find it fun or not.

I seem to be finding comfort from the world at large these days in old favorites so while there are new games I am interested in my energy is low. I still enjoy gaming a lot but so much change is happening - in personal life as well as around the world - I seem to be seeking out existing comforts. So not in a rush for any game currently.

The pushing out trend Couch mentions I think is another ripple of what is happening around the world at large and an ill-omen of what will be coming.

PC Gamer's print magazine had a big preview of Midnight Suns.

I really hope there's a demo of that game. It sounds interesting, but I'm still not sure if I'm going to find it fun or not.
I wouldn't count on a demo, although I'd definitely try it if they put one out there. I can't recall Firaxis ever doing a demo for one of their games or at least if they have it's been a very long time.

X-Com ish, with cards shoehorned into the gameplay. Watched a few streamers trying it out. Not impressed. Not sure who the demographic actually is they're attempting to appeal too.

My response to delays is usually somewhere around a shrug. Maybe not the case for others, but I've always got a decent backlog of games to play, so I just keep playing other good games and will wait for this to roll around in its own good time.

If the card portion part is included in the fully release, I'll likely skip this one altogether. I've been a Marvel fan for over fifty years, yet the below average films, telly shows, and games are rather depressing things, tbh.

If the card portion part is included in the fully release, I'll likely skip this one altogether. I've been a Marvel fan for over fifty years, yet the below average films, telly shows, and games are rather depressing things, tbh.
The card portion is integral to the game. There's no way they'll change that now.

Yeah that's one of the drawbacks of the game as cards are essential for combat. The other negative is it's nothing like X-COM 2. You have no cover or buildings to use.

Yeah that's one of the drawbacks of the game as cards are essential for combat. The other negative is it's nothing like X-COM 2. You have no cover or buildings to use.
To be fair to Firaxis I can't see the Hulk using cover at any stage. They did need to change the usual formula for superheroes.

This sucks. Since the Cyberpunk 2077 storm, this started to happen a lot. I guess it’s for the best.

This game was the only game I was looking forward for this fall, everything else had been already delayed. Now there’s nothing of note to be released this year.

Well, I’m not counting with remakes and ports. In that case, Tactics ogre and Persona 5 are still noteworthy. Am I missing something?

This game was the only game I was looking forward for this fall, everything else had been already delayed. Now there’s nothing of note to be released this year.

Well, I’m not counting with remakes and ports. In that case, Tactics ogre and Persona 5 are still noteworthy. Am I missing something?

Afaik, Monomyth is still scheduled for a 2022 release, and I think that could be excellent. Urban Strife is also still listed as 2022.

Since you seem to liked JRPGs, you might want to look at The Diofield Chronicle as well.

Urban Strife based on the updates might not get released this year. I know the developer has a planned 2022 release listed on Steam. That's just my personal opinion.

Remember only four more months left till 2023.

My response to delays is usually somewhere around a shrug. Maybe not the case for others, but I've always got a decent backlog of games to play, so I just keep playing other good games and will wait for this to roll around in its own good time.
Same for me. I have several hundred games I never played, and a few hours a week to play. No rush to play anything.

1. The Settlers

1. I didn't know there were doing a remake of The Settler - That could be fun, although my preferred iteration was #3.
Same here, I didn't know of it.
It apparently will have a story driven campaign, so I'll most likely check it out.
Thanks, guys!

Back
Top Bottom