Marvel's Midnight Suns - Releasing October 7th

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Marvel's Midnight Suns is releasing October 7th.

MARVEL'S MIDNIGHT SUNS COMING OCTOBER 7!

Darkness falls across the planet, and on October 7, the Midnight Suns will rise to stop Lilith and her demonic forces' campaign of chaos. As the Hunter, who was dramatically resurrected in our announcement trailer, you'll lead this team of legendary Marvel heroes as they attempt to stop the Mother of Demons from completing an ancient prophecy and summoning her evil master, Chthon.

Heroes you'll have the opportunity to fight alongside and forge friendships with in Marvel's Midnight Suns include Captain America, Blade, Ghost Rider, and Magik, as well as other members of The Avengers, X-Men, and Runaways. One of them, revealed for the first time today, is everyone's favorite web-slinger: Spider-Man. Check out today's trailer above to see him in his all-new Midnight Suns suit, battling longtime nemesis Venom who is now under Lilith's control.

[...]

Standard Edition

Will be available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC

Enhanced Edition

Will be available for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S, and also include 5 premium hero skins (40 skins total).

Digital+ Edition

Will be available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC, and also include 11 premium hero skins (46 skins total).

Legendary Edition

Will be available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC, and also include 40 premium hero skins (75 skins total) and the Marvel's Midnight Suns Season Pass, which will include 4 post-launch content drops that each feature new missions and introduce an additional playable Marvel hero.
More information.

I'm just mildly interested in this game, because it's from XCOM developers. The Marvel superheroes theme doesn't interest me, I don't read the comics nor do they suit my interests (I read other kind of comics, I've nothing agains't comics, btw).

But for me, gameplay is the most important feature, and if they develop an addictive game like they did with XCOM 2, then I'm all in.

I have little interest in this, but I'll be happy when it's released so Firaxis can hopefully get back to XCOM.

Well, superheroes are not my cup of tea, and neither are card-based games. But I am keeping an open mind for this one, I hope it is as fun as the XCOM games.
Yeah I would rather play XCOM 3 as well. Still the game has all of the same mechanics and systems as XCOM, but add cards to the mix. I'll keep an open mind as well.

Even though I'm not a fan of card battles.

Found a video about combat for those interested.

Marvel's Midnight Suns Exclusive Venom Boss Battle Gameplay

Great music in the trailer, if nothing else.

The only thing that concerns me about this is that it doesn't do the same as xcom, in that battle fields are all one plane....

huh, hadn't heard about this one, but it looks surprisingly good. I actually like cards and xcom, and I'm at least indifferent about the marvel genre. The gameplay video looks quite promising.

I think he means that the game doesn't appear to use height like XCOM did.
Oh, yeah. If that's the case, it's because there isn't a chance to hit % mechanic.

So height makes no difference unless they added more damage for height.

I have never played cared based games so far.

But I could imagine that Marvel wants to build a collecting card system out of that.

I have never played cared based games so far.

But I could imagine that Marvel wants to build a collecting card system out of that.

You can already buy any number of card based Marvel games at the store, but that doesn't seem to be what they are going for here. It reminds me more of the card based combat that you see in roguelike deckbuilders, only it's not a roguelike deckbuilder.

What do you mean by that ? I don't follow.

I read that most maps are on single level with added objects in them to make the battlefield...not a huge deal, but I kind of like multi stories battles. I could be wrong.

The game will be released just two days before my birthday. Do you know what that means? Yes, you're right: nothing! I won't get it.

Much like CouchPotato, JDR13 and others here, I'd rather play XCOM 3 instead. I only hope XCOM 3 doesn't add cards. I think that XCOM franchise and cards just don't match.

Back
Top Bottom