DA2 Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age 2: more promo DLC's added into the Origin client

Dragon Age 2

wolfsrain

Sentinel
A while ago Mass Effect 2 (about two months, max) received an update that allowed the owners of the game to add the Dr.Pepper's promo items and the Terminus Armor and Weapon pre-order to their DLC collection. Those are given free.

Yesterday, Dragon Age 2 had a similar update, adding Blood Dragon Armor and Ser Isaac's Armor in the DLC's list. You can add them freely, too. Dragon Age 2 is still missing the Signature Edition Items and the soundtrack and, hopefully, EA will add them, too, sooner rather than later.

So grab your new gear, if you own any of those. Nothing yet about the DA:I promotional DLC's (the AMD promo, Logitech, Prima and those items that were given for XBox only)

Did DA:O have similar promo DLCs as well ?

Did DA:O have similar promo DLCs as well ?

Yes, but they have been available for a while already on the BioWare Social Network game page in your account.

List of DLC's per game:

1.Dragon Age: Origins (all content is available via Bioware Social site, Origin client and with Bioware points):

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Downloadable_content_(Origins)

2. Dragon Age 2. Signature Edition content (items and OST) still missing:

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Downloadable_content_(Dragon_Age_II)

3. Dragon Age; Inquisition (promo items might or might not be available in the GOTY edition, but the Deluxe Edition content is present for sure)

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Downloadable_content_(Inquisition)

4. Mass Effect series DLC's list (all the content can be aquired via Bioware points and from the Origin client/Social Bioware site - the case of the promo items):

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Downloadable_Content#Mass_Effect

im still waiting for da2 on the house from them :D

Thanks.
In the SWTOR forums the question has been raised ( partly by me :biggrin: ) whether the SWTOR promo items will be re-released as well (mostly pets).

Thanks.
In the SWTOR forums the question has been raised ( partly by me :biggrin: ) whether the SWTOR promo items will be re-released as well (mostly pets).

I wouldn't be surprised. Seems that EA started to realize that they could actually sell all those promo items or reuse them in various events (that would be SWTOR). And if there is a demand, i can't see why they wouldn't do it. Game content should be fully available in one form or another.

A while ago Mass Effect 2 (about two months, max) received an update that allowed the owners of the game to add the Dr.Pepper's promo items and the Terminus Armor and Weapon pre-order to their DLC collection. Those are given free.

Yesterday, Dragon Age 2 had a similar update, adding Blood Dragon Armor and Ser Isaac's Armor in the DLC's list. You can add them freely, too. Dragon Age 2 is still missing the Signature Edition Items and the soundtrack and, hopefully, EA will add them, too, sooner rather than later.

So grab your new gear, if you own any of those. Nothing yet about the DA:I promotional DLC's (the AMD promo, Logitech, Prima and those items that were given for XBox only)

I couldn't get 100% achievements because I never received the Ser Isaac armor on the Dead Space 2 cross-promotion despite being Dead Space 2 in the window. I contacted Origin support repeatedly who refused to fix the issue even though my account shows the Dead Space 2 purchase in the window.

Then again, I've had several issues where I didn't get what I paid for with Origin, and their customer service was the worst. I gave up because they offered no email support and I grew tired of waiting on hold for 30 minute every time.

But I have no interest in every giving Origin money anymore after how many times I've been screwed with their service.

The Ser Isaac Armor was given to the people that pre-ordered the RETAIL Dead Space 2 and the codes expired quickly after the launch (three months after, if i recall correctly).

As for the customer support…Live chat is a lottery. I had a problem paying through PayPal. At the end of the transaction, the site glitched. Money were transferred into the EA's account, but the transaction did not appear as finished. I've had a first round with the Live Chat and i was told to wait for an automatic refund in 7 working days. I did that, but meanwhile i've contacted my bank and Paypal to see where the money ended. Both confirmed that the money were in the EA account. 9 days later i was up in arms for the round two with chat support, which was actually rude, unhelpful and to add insult to injury considered the problem solved, despite me not getting my money back, nor the games that i've paid for.

The bank suggested to try first to solve things by opening a dispute through Paypal and offered all the documents regarding the transaction. Once the dispute was open via Paypal, i ended up having email support. The case officer checked everything, aknowledged the fact that the money were into the EA account, but the transaction wasn't registered correctly on the site, due to a glitch (he subtly suggested that is an old and known problem regarding transactions made via Paypal and that is hould buy next time directly via CC). He also offered to refund me or add the games that i wanted (i went for the games, but i did not buy anything since). So, i kind of get how you feel.

Back
Top Bottom