Mechajammer - KS Update on Keys, Rewards and Patching

Redglyph

SasqWatch
Whalenought Studios posted an update for backers and on their patching plans, thanks @Carnifex; for spotting this!

keys & patching & digital/physical reward shipping

Remaining Keys

Since the original batch of keys went out and the past week I think there's still ~150 or so backers that haven't filled out surveys. When those are filled out, we get notifiers every once in a while and will be message you manually about them, so there could be a brief delay on that, though we've been checking throughout the day too.

Patching

We're scheduled for additional months of crunching to get the game where we intended it to be. Our next patch includes the finished XP mode option we intended to get in (from new-game) and some balancing overhauls, and that will continue into the new year. We'll be doing around the clock fixing over the next month to get it up to speed. Modern Wolf's mechajammer channels will have continued news on releases, patches and bigger updates into the future if you have any additional questions.

If you have any questions for us, please feel free to continue to email or use the kickstarter messaging as we get pinged about it and can get back to you as soon as we can.

GOG Patches

It has just come to our attention that the GOG patches have either been slow to update or not going live. I know for our Serpent launch we were able to rapid fire those, and this is terrible to hear, we're looking into what's going on as quickly as we can.

Digital/Physical rewards

We have what we hope if the final batch of miniatures heading or way soon, though there are some holiday delays. Once verified can send out those final physical reward shipment emails to verify everyone's addresses, especially outside the US where there could have been some issues. Since some of the digital rewards are pictures of the physical ones and require some scans, we'll just be emailing and sending all that simultaneously.

Expect emails and shipments around end of January for that.

Hope you all have a very nice christmas & holiday. We will notify you again when those shipping emails go out in the new year.

Best,

Hannah & Joseph

More information.

I had an issue with my key, and Hannah resolved it within an hour. The game might need a few more patches/updates, yet the support is fantastic, keep the faith and I believe this game will be well worth playing shortly.

I had an issue with my key, and Hannah resolved it within an hour. The game might need a few more patches/updates, yet the support is fantastic, keep the faith and I believe this game will be well worth playing shortly.

I checked it out very briefly yesterday. The character creation is really nice (reminds me of Fallout 1 & 2)... The actual game seems like it needs more polish though and there's quite a few complaints of bugs and balance issues in reviews. I figure I'll probably wait for a few more months of patches before attempting to play again and just think more about what kind of character I want to build in the meantime.

Patch 1.04

Talking about patch, here's a good one!
Mechajammer | V1.04 Patch Notes
We rolled a nat 20 on this patch!

The v1.04 Mechajammer patch is now available and we're happy to tell you that there's a brand-spanking new Event Log.

The Event Log provides more clarity to your actions and the RNG behind the scenes, letting you know exactly what's on the dice, and the outcome of your roll. The Event Log in its current form is a version1, with version 2 planned to include additional output and colour-coding for clarity between player and companion rolls. Keep your eyes peeled for that soon!

In v1.04 you can expect to see a broad range of fixes and improvements! We've underlined a few that we know you've been waiting for. We know you're keen to see the respawning enemies issue fixed, and we're working on it; it's currently our top priority.

Gameplay
  • Vehicles saving correctly and not despawning from scene
  • Code wheel equipping bug fixed
  • Various save game issues fixed
  • Cars not starting after interacting with them fixed
  • NPC cars driving through ground bug fixed
  • Can click to pathfind outside line of sight
  • Gang boss dialogue after resolving infiltration fixed to clarify status
  • Feuding gangs bug fixed
  • Sprites and portraits corrected for several gangs
  • Gang vault door not opening bug fixed
  • Fixed incorrect soundtrack switch when spotted in gang base

UI
  • Notepad no longer selects all text on opening
  • Gang meter bugs fixed
  • Fixed flashing green to red box behind weapon
  • Fixed vault power box incorrectly saying unlocked with key while still locked
  • Fixed terminal visual for gangs
  • Fixed medic boss dialogue not working
  • Pins for note locations on terminal corrected
  • Fixed bug with items able to move from merchant bag to ground

I decided to check out the event log. It wasn't immediately obvious to me how to open the log so just in case anyone else needs to know, either press G or click the dice in the upper left corner of the screen.

However, I noticed there seems to be a bug with the event log. In my case I apparently missed some attacks (roll is less than the enemy's AC or whatever they're calling it). But then I still dmg the enemy. Other people on their discord have reported similar issues...

So yeah, I think I'll check back in a month or three.

Yeah, when Hannah fixed my key, she said I might want to hold off on playing the game for a bit, unless I really wanted to get hip deep into testing. So I'm holding off for a bit for sure.

I'm still a little surprised they released the game in that state, were they under pressure? They should really have given the Early Access status; if there was a beta before the release, they must have known.

If they are already aiming at old-school players with a very special "niche" gameplay experience, they should expect very few positive reviews to start with. Releasing in a bad state removes what little chance they had. On the other hand, maybe small indies are more easily forgiven.

Pathfinder wasn't without bugs when it went out, but it's a completely different scale, at least it was possible to have a good gameplay in the first chapters without much trouble.

Probably had no choice. It's a two person developer that ran a kickstarter that raised only raised $43,000. Those funds ran out considering they remade the game during mid-development. Then you factor in that money was used for living expenses as well.

I do think it's quite naughty to knowingly release a game as a final product in that state; such that you're actively warning folks to wait if they don't want to be "hip deep in testing". I mean, if you're desperate, fair enough, but then you have to accept the terrible reviews like any other game on the shelf.

I'm wondering how people would react if they warned them before, either saying it's an Early Release or just saying there are still known issues. I think players would react more positively, and the sales would be similar with perhaps a better chance of taking off later. But perhaps I'm being optimistic.

I've no idea what guns they were under, considering how much I adore their earlier game, I'm amazed this one was released in the state it existed before the patches, let alone the ones still sure to come. Then again I'm in no big rush, I don't regret pitching in to either kick starter, and when I'm ready to play this game, I know it'll be waiting for me with arms spread wide.

Back
Top Bottom