Mechajammer - New Name for Copper Dreams

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The tactical RPG Copper Dreams is now called Mechajammer:

Mechajammer. High Octane Cyberpunk Turn-Based Mayhem.

Whalenought Studios:

Fleeing the galaxy-wide Ci-War, your party crashes onto the jungle colony Calitana, where syndicates and the gun control the streets.

Master the mayhem of simultaneous turn-based combat with a huge variety of skills and squad-based tactics for on-the-fly command of units.

Your fight for survival means arming yourself and your operatives. Navigate the oppressive regimes of the city streets and delve deep into the ruins of syndicate tombs buried under centuries of war.

There's more than one way off the colony, how will you carve your path?

The Copper Dreams project gets a new name to go with its shiny coat of paint and ruleset as we begin to complete main sections of the game. More info to come! Death-match modes now available for testing and glory.

Hope this reaches you all in good health,
Hannah & Joe
More information.

They've massively improved on the graphical design, which I thought was looking really worrying at one point. Looks good.

Shame about the name - I much preferred Copper Dreams.

Yeah I agree. The graphics are a big improvement, but the new name is a bit naff. It looks potentially pretty good though, so a naff name isn't going to put me off.

Thanks all that's holy the graphics turned out okay. When they announced the change I was afraid it would be all neon colors. As for the name change Meh. It sucks.

Never seen this game before. (Copper Dreams….) This is more interesting for me than any other Big Company trailers on this site today! The turn-based combat however looks fake & cooky.. Wait! I wrote an email to them - improving their combat morals - , trying to convince them they should do better turn-based combat. ;-D

Last edited:
What a bad, ugly name they chose. Does the game even revolve around Mechs and all?

Copper Dreams was a better title smh

What a bad, ugly name they chose. Does the game even revolve around Mechs and all?

Did some six year come up with the new name. Graphically the game is improving. Still interested in what comes from the development.

It looks like they took the style of graphics in Serpent in the Staglands, improved it and adjusted it for the sci-fi setting. That's actually a positive thing, as SITS actually had very well drawn pixel graphics, if you like that sort of thing.
I didn't back the game, so its no biggy to me, but I thought they pitched a game with stealth elements. I don't see any of that here. It looks like they had to scrap and redo alot. Its smart though, if they had to do that they made something more similar gameplaywise and graphicwise to their first game.

Turns out naming shit is really hard. First name Vince came up with for Colony Ship RPG was something like The Sunless Sky, and then Failbetter announced Sunless Skies.

I came up with ~60 different names myself before Vince decided on The New World… and then a few months later Amazon (who weren't even making computer games before) grabbed it. I just hope no one else announces another Colony Ship RPG or we might have to call it Iron Tower's New Game.

And about the trailer... that doesn't look turn-based? And why do devs still animate text? It takes less than a second to parse a short sentence of dialogue. What's enticing about watching letters animate over and over again?

And why do devs still animate text? It takes less than a second to parse a short sentence of dialogue. What's enticing about watching letters animate over and over again?

Thank you, yes, that stuff also annoys me.

And the name… too close to Katzenjammer. ;)

Otherwise the game looks nice.

I backed this, but haven't been following it that closely as I want to maximise the surprises.
Not a fan of the title at all.
Also not a fan of dragging and dropping speech options. Items, sure (e.g. the money at the end for bribing), actual speech, no (e.g. dragging the "Bye" option up the screen and onto the dude).

Everything else looks pretty awesome.

Maybe we should speak it backwards:
Remmajahcem

Turns out naming shit is really hard. First name Vince came up with for Colony Ship RPG was something like The Sunless Sky, and then Failbetter announced Sunless Skies.

Considering the existence of Sunless Seas, Vince maybe should have seen that coming. ;)

"I just hope no one else announces another Colony Ship RPG or we might have to call it Iron Tower's New Game."

In the tradition of "Washington's football team"

I came up with ~60 different names myself before Vince decided on The New World… and then a few months later Amazon (who weren't even making computer games before) grabbed it. I just hope no one else announces another Colony Ship RPG or we might have to call it Iron Tower's New Game.

Are you an Iron Tower dev team member? (Just asking)

The play rate seems really fast. Is it supposed to be a twitch reflex game?

The play rate seems really fast. Is it supposed to be a twitch reflex game?
If you played serpent in the staglands its almost similar.

Back
Top Bottom