Message box full

lackblogger

SasqWatch
Way back in the heady and carefree days of early 2020 I nominated myself worker drone in chief for tallying the votes for our official Game of the Decade poll.

In order to do this @Myrthos; increased my private message allowance to accommodate all the voting space needed.

However, at some point it seems it was converted back to the regular 100 message limit, and so my box has been full for an unknown amount of time.

17Ea1n6.png

I have no idea if I've been missing any messages over the last however many (up to 19) months, either from staff or other users as I assume any messages sent to me wont arrive nor in any way notify me of their existence.

I only realised something was up when I had a post removed a day or two ago and I had no idea why, it was, from my PoV, just silently evaporated. I've no doubt someone tried to tell me the whys and wherefores but I have no idea what they see at their end, whether they think the message had been sent or if they get an error message.

For all I know there could be a small army of users on here who are in a state of mild to vigorous seething at my ignorance of their communications, possibly at worse thinking I've been deliberately ignoring them. Or, worse still, friendly communications likewise ignored.

I'm a bit loathe to delete all the voting information as it's the only record of the voting statistics, should they ever be useful again for whatever reason. If I copy-paste them to somewhere else then I'll probably lose them at some point by either forgetfulness or carelessness. Having them here on this account is, like, the best place for them.

Anyone got any good ideas on a good work-around option?

I have no idea what I did at the time as it is not a user setting but a group setting.
What changed is that everyone above 30 posts has been moved to a new group. This allowed for limiting access to the thread where keys were given away.
Should have happened last summer s9mewhere. I guess you lost your privileges because of that.
But I just changed the inbox setting to 250 for everyone in that group, so all 786 persons, including you, can enjoy it.

Awesome, that seems to have worked fine, I now have a bit of green bar as well as red bar.

I have no idea if I've been missing any messages over the last however many (up to 19) months, either from staff or other users as I assume any messages sent to me wont arrive nor in any way notify me of their existence.

I only realised something was up when I had a post removed a day or two ago and I had no idea why, it was, from my PoV, just silently evaporated. I've no doubt someone tried to tell me the whys and wherefores but I have no idea what they see at their end, whether they think the message had been sent or if they get an error message.
The post you are refering to was deleted by @Corwin;: "Links with no explanation will always be deleted.".
Next time just give us a clue, some of us are still having nightmares with Damians videos in it. ;)

Last edited:
Ah right, I had no idea. And, wow, Damian, I vaguely remember that name from a few eons ago & no, I don't want to know what he posted :D

Back
Top Bottom