Miasma Chronicles - Review

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Shacknews reviewed the upcoming tactical RPG Miasma Chronicles:

Miasma Chronicles review: Frogtown

Miasma Chronicles is a new post-apocalyptic tactical RPG from the developers behind Mutant Year Zero, this time aiming to be more approachable. Does it hit the mark or miss at 97 percent?

It can be exhausting, living in a world slowly being suffocated by mega-powerful corporations run by grotesque, sociopathic geeks. Thank goodness for video games! Let's play Miasma Chronicles, a game about a world that was slowly suffocated by mega-powerful corporations run by grotesque, sociopathic geeks.

Aw, damn it.

[...]

Miasma Chronicles is a fascinating experience that aims for a narrow target and hits it, for the most part. Making a serious, tactical RPG a vehicle for compelling storytelling is a tough proposition because the broad appeal of the latter is often at odds with the brutal vibes of the former. But with its tailored difficulty options, stealth options outside of combat, and, of course, the solid weight of the storytelling itself, Miasma Chronicles succeeds in its mission.
More information.

I might pick this one up. I liked Mutant Year Zero and right now the only drawback is that I really don't have that much time for a new game.

Very much looking forward to this. I liked MYZ quite a bit. The price point on this is fairly high though... hopefully it is a little longer and deeper on the story front than MYZ.

It's on Steam now.

I had it wishlisted, but I've got too many games lined up to get this right now. I'm interested in hearing other's impressions though.

It's on my wishlist too and will likely get it sometime this year. Need to get through Darkest Dungeon 2 first.

ChristopherOdd has a few videos on this game though if you want to see how it plays.

Back
Top Bottom