The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Redglyph spotted the March/April update for Monomyth:

Monomyth - March / April Update

State of the Game: Video Devlog 3.0 | Beta Update 3

Hi, dungeon-crawling fans!

It's time for another project update! In this one, we will be talking about the latest beta patch and how development will continue after that.

Sorry for the delay this month. I wanted to make sure that the patch was largely finalized before creating the update. As always you will find the video transcript attached to this post!

Best wishes,
Michael

Text:

Time just flies! We are already in April but the development of Monomyth continues. The time to really wrap it up is drawing near, but there is still some stuff to do. So in this update, we will be talking about a massive amount of content that will be added to the game shortly and how we will continue from that. At this point, I don't want to spoil too much, but I want to keep you updated on the latest work that has gone into the project. So let's take a look at that.

I have been working on Beta 3 roughly for the last two months and it's now close to completion. Right away I can say I am glad that for a change I have listened to my own advice and I learned from the mistakes made during the development of Beta 2.

Beta 3's development was much better planned, much better scaled and unsurprisingly much better executed. I built most of it based on a blockout I did earlier in development, even before the refactoring. As a result, I didn't go overboard in terms of scaling, and the geometry plus detail passes were done much faster.

This gave me a lot more time to make some unique assets that would add personality to the area. It also gave me time to implement more intricate and polished designs. This is reflected very well in the general engagement with the game environment. Or in other words, Beta 3 features more detailed level mechanics. This goes from secrets, to traps, to what I tend to call environmental sidequests or challenges.

I also had more time working on enemies and enemy encounters. So Beta 3 actually features multiple new enemy types, some taken over from older work I did, some made completely from scratch. None of these have been in the game so far.

[...]
More information.

Looking forward to it. Whole lot of work involved for a one? man project, but he seems determined to see it through, piece by piece.

Screw Starfield...THIS is #1 on my waiting list. Very impressive -and from a solo developer. Wow!

Back
Top Bottom