Monster Hunter Rise - Release Date

Redglyph

SasqWatch
Capcom has announced a release date for Monster Hunter Rise, as reported by Game Rant. Here is the link on the Steam store. The game will be available for PC on January 12th, 2022.

Monster Hunter Rise Finally Gets PC Release Date

Tokyo Game Show, otherwise known as TGS, is currently going on, and developer/publisher Capcom showed up to present a lengthy Monster Hunter Spotlight presentation. The livestream from this morning was about 40 minutes in length and gave MH fans more details on the upcoming massive Sunbreak expansion, Monster Hunter Stories 2 DLC, and a confirmation on when exactly PC players will be able to get their hands on Monster Hunter Rise.

Fans have been patiently awaiting a release date announcement from Capcom since the team revealed that Monster Hunter Rise would be coming to PC eventually. And not only did Capcom reveal when the port is coming, but the team also went into the exclusive features for the PC version.

[...]
And here is the Steam/PC trailer:

More information.

And apparently Capcom is planning to make the PC its main software platform.

Capcom intends to make PC its main platform
Publisher wants to have sales from PC equal to that of home consoles within two years​

Yesterday Capcom shared that it intends for PC to be its main platform for software.

According to Bloomberg reporter Takashi Mochizuki's English recap of a Japanese-language Nikkei report, Capcom president and COO Haruhiro Tsujimoto told the outlet at the Tokyo Game Show that it wants the PC to eventually become its primary platform.

Also the publisher wants to have sales from PC games equal to that of home consoles within two years.

With this goal in mind, the company announced that the Nintendo Switch exclusive Monster Hunter Rise will be coming to PCs in January of next year.

While it's not unheard of for Capcom's PC releases to trail their console counterparts, the company has increasingly supported simultaneous launches in recent years for games like Resident Evil Village, Street Fighter 5: Champion Edition, and Devil May Cry 5.

New mechanics (palamute, wirebugs, no monster tracking) make it more straightforward experience the MHW is. Which might be good news for somebody, but I dont enjoy it nearly as World. And its much easier then MH World. Few monsters in MHW were real pain in the ass, little too much for me - first time Barioth for example. But Rise went too far the other way as I dont feel challenged at all. Parhaps later in the game, but I played too many hours already to believe that really (Switch doesnt have timer on games).

New mechanics (palamute, wirebugs, no monster tracking) make it more straightforward experience the MHW is. Which might be good news for somebody, but I dont enjoy it nearly as World. And its much easier then MH World. Few monsters in MHW were real pain in the ass, little too much for me - first time Barioth for example. But Rise went too far the other way as I dont feel challenged at all. Parhaps later in the game, but I played too many hours already to believe that really (Switch doesnt have timer on games).

That's a shame - so you think its still worth trying it out or is it just straight up downgrade from world and should just wait for world2?

That's a shame - so you think its still worth trying it out or is it just straight up downgrade from world and should just wait for world2?

Well that depends. Before world I tried MH4 on 3DS and I realised its really not my thing. But thanks to that I had possibility to see what previous MH games were about, although not much in depth. It was strongly focused on encounters with monsters and consequent crafting.

What MHW brought to table, was exploration and I really loved to go to expeditions and search very well designed levels, without stress of the timer. I coud imagine I would love it even more, if the world was bigger and exploration played even bigger part.

MH Rise has nicely done and designed levels, but its clear that focus is on the hunt, not exploration. You dont search for monsters anymore, you have them on map as the hunt begins. And while Palamute is great thing, you can run through level in moments. That means fight with monster may often begin literally in seconds after start of the hunt.

As this is designed primarily on Switch, I suppose they wanted to make it more for original handheld audience and less for fans of the MH World. I wouldnt say its bad game, but it focuses on gameplay aspects that I dont appreciate as much.

@Andrew23; - thanks for the impression. Hmmm... yeah that definitely sounds quite disappointing. I will probably give it a try anyway with hubby but I have a feeling I wouldn't play it anywhere near as much as MH:World.

@Andrew23; - thanks for the impression. Hmmm… yeah that definitely sounds quite disappointing. I will probably give it a try anyway with hubby but I have a feeling I wouldn't play it anywhere near as much as MH:World.

Yea, well ... after hours with MH Rise it made me return to MHW and progress through Iceborne, which I left unfinished long ago. Suppose that summs it up for me.

There's a demo available for MH: Rise on steam now and I tried it out last night.

I have to admit... I hated the experience - feels nothing like MH: World. Made me almost cross Rise off my list. My hubby is willing to give a full game a go so I might wait for his impression before I make my decision on it.

Back
Top Bottom