Moonshades: a dungeon crawler RPG

moonshades

Watcher
I would like to ask you for your honest opinions about a self developed game. I am working on it in my free time.

Moonshades is a dungeon crawler role-playing game developed exclusively for the Android platform, to restore the immersive atmosphere and experience of the old-school RPG's.

Google Play

screen1.jpg

Thanks!

Viktor

Last edited:
I will give it a try, I have a thing for dungeon crawlers. Turn based would be better but I play them all anyway I won't deny it. The old two step (attack, step away) does get old though.

Hi, thanks for posting this! I downloaded Moonshades and played it on my commute today. I'm not far in, but I really enjoyed what I saw and wanted to post some quick feedback. I'll keep playing and post again later in.

- The game looks great. I'm playing it on a Huawei Mate 20 Lite, so a long way from top of the range. The graphics are colourful and smooth, and the UI is immediately intuitive and easy to use. It made an excellent first impression!
- I was initially a bit disappointed that there wasn't a deeper character creation system. There seems to be plenty of options for levelling up different skills though, so I imagine my two characters will differentiate over time (I'm going to try focussing one on melee and the other on magic, but I'll see how it goes!)
- On a related note, I like the idea of having to find skill books to increase specific skills. It gives a good reward for exploration.
- An automap would be helpful. I'm not going to break out the graph paper on a train or wherever else I'm likely to play a game on my phone! ;)Having said that, I quite like a challenge and it may depend on how you've designed the levels, so I may change my mind about this as I play…
- One save slot feels a bit restrictive.
- I don't mind RT combat - I prefer TB but it's not a deal breaker. I haven't played long enough to have a fixed opinion about Moonshades combat yet. It certainly seems to work well enough, although I was finding it a little tricky to time my attacks so that the enemies were in range. I imagine that comes with practice.

I'll keep playing and let you know how I get on. I also saw that you've started an Indiegogo to finish the game - I'll expect I'll back you after playing a bit more.

Last edited:
There are loads of positives about this game, but I've got to be honest - I'm finding the respawning enemies off-putting.

Hey folks. Giving you a heads up of some of the improvements and changes in the game:

What's new:
- 8 new levels + boss levels
- Arcane Dungeons
- Multiple Profile feature (start a new game without losing your previous progress)
- Crafting
- New Abilities
- New Quests and repeatable quests
- New NPCs
- New enemies
- New bosses
- The good old blacksmith went home, but sent his friends, the Dwarf brothers! (new vendor)
- More than 500 new equipment.
- Status effects
- Reworked Critical hit feature
- And many many more :)

It is still free and ad free: Google Play

Good morning guys I wanted a little help because I'm stuck I have to go to the cyclop lair but I don't know which portal but above all which labyrinth to take to get there can you help me thanks

Back
Top Bottom