My Ahahahndromeda Playthrough

Please drop us a line when you film where Tech Danny Messier goes after Eos.
He says Kadara, but...
He ends up at krogan gunpoint.

What is this? Codexians shilling their YT channels here? We can't stand by and watch this happen.

Codexians are welcome as long as they don't bring the Codexian code of conduct.

Don't be surprised, all ME games have Codex included!

Hey I like RK47's youtube clips!

I remember when ME3 was released and everyone was making a big deal (justifiably) about how bad the running animations were. The animations in ME:A look just as bad, if not worse, to me.

Besides that, the game just seems really boring and predictable in general.

I remember when ME3 was released and everyone was making a big deal (justifiably) about how bad the running animations were. The animations in ME:A look just as bad, if not worse, to me.

The running animation doesn't bother me a lot.
But for a game focused on character interaction they really dropped the ball on the facial expression. It's hard not to notice.

Also, the combat requires a much better set piece than this to take advantage of the new mobility system. I hope it improves, but going off-road and not following the main quest in Eos bored the hell out of me. There's nothing interesting to do. I rather just watch a youtube video than waste time trying to drive n pick up blue sparkly bits.

Codexians are welcome as long as they don't bring the Codexian code of conduct.

As an old saying goes: you can keep the rooster away from the hens, but you can't stop him from ******* the chicken. ;)

If you're into combat, crafting and progression system( at least in variety of playstyles)..definite improvement.
World ( strongest aspect of ME), characters, sidequests, OST/ambiance....step back.
It is also most tonally inconsistent BW game to date.
Feels the least polished of all Bioware games though...even what you wouldn't expect...voice/camera direction.

I'd say it's on par with previous ME's...unfortunately rough release( EA : "We'll give BW as much time as it needs!" ? ) in a quarter filled with far more polished and consistent ( in quality) titles, highlight it's negatives more than BW's previous titles.
Wouldn't be surprised if they steered full into Multiplayer/action direction after this ( think they already hinted at new IP going in that direction).

I remember how quickly I asked for and received a refund for Mass Junk three. After my laptop died the very next day (almost certainly due to the Origin platform that I will never install again on any computer that I actually like), I swore off on any product that required it. Haven't looked back yet.

If you're into combat, crafting and progression system( at least in variety of playstyles)..definite improvement.
World ( strongest aspect of ME), characters, sidequests, OST/ambiance….step back.

I enjoy good combat, but it's disappointing to hear that the world elements took a step back. I was really hoping for a game that had meaningful exploration, but it was probably a little naive of me to think we might get that from a ME game.

Yeah, I'm not expecting much after the online previews rip it to pieces. Yesterday night, I was stuck in a jam and my face felt very tired when I booted up my desktop. I really wanted to de-stress myself - but then I remembered I have this playthrough to do.

I took a deep breath. And booted up this game - hoping for the best.
And it went just as predicted in the Nexus of Boring.

MEA021 - The Head Snaps like a Magnet
MEA022 - Angry Grunting
MEA023 - Scan things 5 times = Investigation

Felt like I wasted my time last night. Very demoralized.

I don't remember everyone making a big deal about animations.
I do remember a big deal about:
- ending
- discrimination of singleplayer fans just to push MMO idiocy
- BiowarePoints scamware used to buy DLC
- storycritical sidekick behind a paywall

ME:A?
- has IMO a great ending (and people you help through the game actually appear to help you in final mission fights, if you did help them at all not just in main story but also through sidemissions)
- campaign doesn't suffer from MMO integration at all, rewards won't guarantee you to win
- BiowarePoints, what's that?
- deluxe editions don't contain anything critical to the game

The game is not predictable. Well, not whole at least. Because of writing lows, I thought AI was copied "mother" personality. But why AI is "better" than others and what happened to the mother is something I definetly didn't expect. Just an example, I don't want to spoil anything much.

I enjoy good combat, but it's disappointing to hear that the world elements took a step back. I was really hoping for a game that had meaningful exploration, but it was probably a little naive of me to think we might get that from a ME game.
Combat is definetly where the game shines. While played, not while watched. Do not watch streams, play the game.
Also, don't go MMO first, singleplayer next. I tried MMO last night, bronze mission ofc as my used hero was level 1 only, finished it without a glitch, of course because I've "trained" combat in singleplayer instead of watching silly streams. No, new MMO bronze is not old gold difficulty. It's easy as it should be, it's just not the same as ME3 MMO. It's better.
Oddly, a site that often thinks differently than me, this time thinks the same:
http://www.pcgamer.com/how-mass-effect-andromeda-gets-multiplayer-right/
Thrasher, I need you man!

Exploration is copy pasted from DA:I with removed instantaneous trashmob respawning. Respawning still exists and is still a minus, but is not unbearable like in DA:I, it's toned down. I wish they used Pluto13 repopulating design with harder trashmobs making appearance when you progress through the main story instead of unkillable godlike trashmobs. But no, they wanted to have grinding instead.
What took step back? No, compared to DA:I, it's still a step forward! Sadly, not a big one.

Last edited:
Did 2 vids before shutting the game down and playing Battle Brothers instead.

Shame you can't play as renegade here. Toss them all out in pods and let them find their own way.
They're bound to land somewhere. ;)

Back
Top Bottom