Name an RPG younger people haven't heard of, deserving of a remaster.

Ok… well, laugh all you want but I want remakes /remasters of Ultima 9 -Ascension and King's Quest -Mask of Eternity (AKA KQ VIII )…

I actually thought U9 was pretty cool, but I also wasn't an old-school Ultima fan that had played every game. I finished Ultima III Exodus on the NES but that was pretty much it. I would definitely be interested in a remaster of U9 if it were to happen.

Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar
Skyrim :biggrin:

Well how about a bet Skyrim gets another new console edition upgrade.:biggrin:

Look at Dying Light that game wont die either.

Dungeon Lords!!!! 😎
Sort of too late, there's been Dungeon Lords MMXII already.

Well not a graphic redo, UI re design, many changes, and perhaps this time all skills implemented. I started play it and felt some changes was less good than original design, and I lost the motivation, perhaps another time.

Citadel: Adventure of the Crystal Keep.

Perhaps with the remake I'll achieve free the Princess without having the hint book. :) Do it isn't required but not do it is missing a lot of cool stuff.

It would be a cheap remake, for a sort of indie release, but I'd be fine with that.

Mars Saga. Played it on my C64 years ago. Fun top-down/first-person adventure/RPG SF game that takes place in martian colonies. You could explore martian caves and stuff outside the dome too.

Starflight I (or II). This never had a proper remaster AFAIK though I saw something from an amateur developer a few years ago that seemed half-assed and missing tons of features.

Neuromancer (of course). Not RPG (more in the adventure genre) but the later Shadowrun for the Sega Genesis heavily re-used and enhanced it's cyberspace fighting systems.

Legend of Blacksilver (same engine as Legacy of the Ancients). Only released on the C64.

Battletech: The Crescent Hawks Inception. Baby's first RPG. Or at least my first RPG.

Last edited:
Starflight I (or II). This never had a proper remaster AFAIK though I saw something from an amateur developer a few years ago that seemed half-assed and missing tons of features.

One of the co-creators launched a crowdfunding campaign for a sequel a couple years back, and what they showed looked like it had potential, but unfortunately they didn't reach their goal. Afaik, the project is dead now.

Honestly, even without being updated, you are doing yourself a huge disservice if you've never played Betrayal at Krondor. Most games these days wish they were a tenth as good as BaK is.

Honestly, even without being updated, you are doing yourself a huge disservice if you've never played Betrayal at Krondor. Most games these days wish they were a tenth as good as BaK is.

I've tried playing BaK several times, but I have to agree with Lemonhead. I can usually adjust to older graphics, but with BaK, I couldn't even tell what I was looking at sometimes.

Ok… well, laugh all you want but I want remakes /remasters of Ultima 9 -Ascension and King's Quest -Mask of Eternity (AKA KQ VIII )…

I want re-envisioned concept of those games to match their predecessors. A proper Ultima 9 in style of d: os2, but with day/night cycles, schedules, and Ultima feeling would be cool. KQ8 bears little relation to preceding adventure games but I would keep the basic plot, reduce the map size to only what is needed, add puzzles, and remove action elements. Course that wouldn't sell so it is a pipe dream.

Actually I want also want a re-envisioning of Ultima 8 so that the platforming elements are gone, add the ability to form a party, rework the writing, magic system was coolish but needs tweaking. Combat mechanics would be like d: os2 but no armour system. It can be done, we have the technology!

Man, Ultima Underworld was so damn good, both parts. I've still not played the new game, but those two from the past I've played quite a few times. What gems they are, I'd pony up cash immediately for updated versions of both.

Sort of too late, there's been Dungeon Lords MMXII already.

Well not a graphic redo, UI re design, many changes, and perhaps this time all skills implemented. I started play it and felt some changes was less good than original design, and I lost the motivation, perhaps another time.

:)

Yeah, then the Steam release was some weird hybrid of CE content and MMXII UI and spell system redesign and ... well, still just a dumpster fire overall! :D

Back
Top Bottom