Name an RPG younger people haven't heard of, deserving of a remaster.

While we'll known id vote for Darklands. Still one of the most original ’magic’ systems I've seen. Also, the aging of characters still very, very rare.

I'm going to vote for Legacy of the Ancients and/or Legend of Blacksilver. Not truly crpgs, but close enough and hella fun. Questron/Questron 2 fit the same mold.

Albion.

Pretty cool scifi RPG. Which admittedly does not play that badly today, but the first person passages would really profit from a remake.

(gameplay video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyTN1_hryFA)

(and since @Svartie; suggested Ambermoon, I'd also like to mention Ambestar :) )

Most of these games listed I've replayed within the past ten years or so. If I were forced to pick one, I'd have to go with Betrayal at Krondor, simply one of the best games ever made.

Can't believe no one has mentioned it yet, Dark Heart of Uukrul. One of the most evil dungeons of all time. I don't think it even had sound so it could really use a remaster. :biggrin:

Can't believe no one has mentioned it yet, Dark Heart of Uukrul. One of the most evil dungeons of all time. I don't think it even had sound so it could really use a remaster. :biggrin:

I've never played it - I only heard of it because you mentioned it in a different thread recently! I'm planning to do battle with DOSbox to get it running at some point. From what I've read it has some great ideas.

M&M VI I think, loved that game but scared to go back to it now

I played MMVI and VII for the first time about five years ago. I loved 'em. It would be nice to have a remaster but they're absolutely playable today as they are -- without even needing major patching like VtM or W8.

Anyway, my pick would be Albion.

I'm dubious that most younger folks have heard of any of the games in the OP. Witcher yeah, maybe Elder Scrolls (a 20 year old was 11 when Skyrim showed up), but…

Remake the Knights of the Old Republic single player games.

Everything is an RPG now :p
That's because we won. ;)
It would be nice to see the Alternate Reality project finished
They better let me sing along like in the original games!

Last edited:
I'm dubious that most younger folks have heard of any of the games in the OP.

I was mostly trying to do away with the hackneyed and cliche responses so as to encourage some form of critical thinking. Think of it as akin to asking the Codex what their favorite RPG was with no Black Isle, Troika, or Avellone involvement.
:BrainFreeze:

Lands of Lore.
Ultima Underworld.
Realms of the Haunting.
Soul Reaver.
Jagged Alliance 2
Eternal Darkness
Dark Heart of Uukrul
Also, an HD HoMM3 with the expansion.

Not all RPGs, but every single title in that list deserves a sequel or just a facelift.

Eternal Darkness

I remember the two failed Kickstarter campaigns to get a sequel to this one a few years back. A shame they weren't successful, the original was great.

Bah, no one remembers Dragon Wars,
or probably Vera Lynn(RIP)

Last edited:
Bah, no one remembers Dragon Wars,
or probably Vera Lynn(RIP)

Because nobody quoted your post and said what a great idea that is? I certainly remember Dragon Wars. I liked it. Along with Wasteland, it was one of the more narratively sophisticated RPGs of its era.

Yes

And also I had to use "remember" to be able to cite Pink Floyd and honor the recently departed Dame Vera Lynn

Also Albion is great but I would rather see Amberstar, and especially Ambermoon since it was an Amiga exclusive and is hard to play today

Let me add TES II: Daggerfall to my previous post. I know, I know, they aren't even releasing anything regarding a possible new TES game, let alone a Remaster/Remake of an old one. But one can dream, eh?

Back
Top Bottom