DA:O need help with adding mods

Dragon Age: Origins

zanthia

Watcher
First I apologize if this is in the wrong place; this is for Dragon age origins but that forum is dead so i don't know if i post there anyone would see. ( moderators , please move if you feel it should be there)

I am truly a beginner when it comes to mods - never added more than one simple mod but now i want to add a few as this is such an old game but i have never played it and i only play a game one time so playing vanilla first is not an option.

While I have seen many mod lists for the game, they just seem to be listing them, none which seem like they are actually using them together.

any time i see someone mention a quest ending bug , i get scared to use it - example the auto loot mod.

One mod i wanted to try is quinns fix pack as it is easy to install but it changes so many things, so unsure.

so can anyone suggest just a handful of mods that work well TOGETHER . In other words play the game with all addons to completion doing all quests.

I have added a few just to try out - ex FTG ui, auto loot, lock bash, extra dog slot, FTG quickbar. Then when I tried to remove one, the game gave me a message I did not like. mentioned force loading and that could cause game to crash and unpredictable results. So once you install a mod ,you have to keep it the entire time then?

WHen i do start from scratch the only one i know is a must have is the FTG UI so the text is larger.

I know this is old game but so hope someone can help me. Thanks.

Go with Quinn's for sure. Within the mods homepage on nexus it tells you which mods it works with and those it doesn't work with. You need to read through the list and make sure you aren't running any of them.

As for adding and removing mods - yes - it is highly recommended you keep all the same mods for a playthrough. The only caveat would be some of the texture only mods are typically okay but even then not recommended.

First I apologize if this is in the wrong place; this is for Dragon age origins but that forum is dead so i don't know if i post there anyone would see.
It will be noticed; our more regular visitors know that they won't miss a new posting when clicking the Tab Forums > New posts/Today's posts, after having logged in of course.
All the posts, written everywhere on RPGWatch, that they personally have not yet read is listed there.
Also, your thread will show up on the front page, until of course the moment that more then 5 new posts in other threads are submitted.

Go with Quinn's for sure. Within the mods homepage on nexus it tells you which mods it works with and those it doesn't work with. You need to read through the list and make sure you aren't running any of them.

As for adding and removing mods - yes - it is highly recommended you keep all the same mods for a playthrough. The only caveat would be some of the texture only mods are typically okay but even then not recommended.

thanks - for quinns it says not compatible with autoloot , yet many lists have both, that was one reason why i was asking for a list of mods that do work together

are you familiar with lockbash. I will be playing as a mage - how much will I miss out if i wait to get leilani in the party. Have no idea if I can backtrack.

also have you ever used the respec mod - if so how do you get rid of the message that pops up every time the game loads. for this one , will wait to install in case make any big mistakes in building my character

Back
Top Bottom