Neverwinter Nights: EE - New Renderer Scrapped

This is outrageous! I've bought NWN in so many iterations, that I really waited very long before gave Beamdog my money, but when they showed the first graphical enhancements i caved a bought it.

And now? Scrapped? Are they serious? To think that I reported a bug a month ago and noone ever got back to me is tough, but buying the game for actually naught - is terrible. So sad.

Here's an example of the new lighting system. Its available now in preview and will be in the next patch.

niv said their mistake was to call it a new renderer in the first place and make a roadmap for it. Incremental improvements went largely unnoticed because of it.

Have said it before - people who claim BD have released the EE "and done nothing more" don't know what the hell they're talking about. Do a bit a fact checking before spouting obviously uninformed and opinionated BS.

@Lucky Day thanks for the update on that mod. Glad it's still in development.:)
Have said it before - people who claim BD have released the EE "and done nothing more" don't know what the hell they're talking about. Do a bit a fact checking before spouting obviously uninformed and opinionated BS.
I agree somewhat with you but my beef is with the failed RPG projects, and the move to go online only in future games. They seriously need more funding AKA a publisher.

Last edited:

Every two bit huckster who's ever lived has had at least a few willing leg humpers.

@Lucky Day thanks for the update on that mod. Glad it's still in development.:)
I agree somewhat with you but my beef is with the failed RPG projects, and the move to go online only in future games. They seriously need more funding AKA a publisher.

I agree wrt BD's business direction and promising more than they seem to be able to deliver. As you can see I disagree with people opinionating that they haven't further developed the EE version since release. x64 executable, opening up all the hardcoded classes, spells, feats to allow expansion and modification, bringing back the long dead server browser, automating distribution of the PW and module assets, steam workshop integration for single click mod installs etc etc etc. The patch notes go on for pages and pages.

Every two bit huckster who's ever lived has had at least a few willing leg humpers.

Yes, switch to attacking the poster and not the topic. A familiar SOP.

Yes, switch to attacking the poster and not the topic. A familiar SOP.

Your entire topic was how people who say that Beamdog hasn't done much don't know anything and are full of shit. In other words, attacking the posters.

Another familiar SOP: acting like a victim and pretending not to have done something one did only moments before, the evidence of which is on the same page as said claim of victimhood.

People forget that Beamdog was started by former members of Bioware, so they're not just taking other people's work and profiting from it.

Trent Oster was one of the original creators of NWN, and Cameron Tofer was a programmer for Baldur's Gate and BGII.

That said, I can understand some people being underwhelmed with their EE releases. They're not overly impressive. I still like that they did them though simply for the fact that it created even more fans for those games.

Here's an example of the new lighting system. Its available now in preview and will be in the next patch.

niv said their mistake was to call it a new renderer in the first place and make a roadmap for it. Incremental improvements went largely unnoticed because of it.

It suffers from "everything must be shiny and reflective" syndrome; look at those cave walls. Otherwise, it's ok.

Back
Top Bottom