Neverwinter Nights: EE - Patch 8193.23 Released

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Another patch for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been made available, which has the following highlights:

• New Game Launcher | A new game launcher highlights some amazing community content that's free for everyone!
  • New Portraits | Added three new character portraits (sourced from the community portrait contest)
  • TrueType Font | Added full TrueType font (TTF) support throughout the game, for clearer and more adaptive text (as well as fractional/decimal point UI scaling)
  • Pathfinding Improvements | Smoother movement and navigation
  • Performance Improvements | Enjoy smoother gameplay with significant performance improvements
  • Bug Fixes | Hundreds of bug fixes and polish features added
  • New Scripts | Added dozens of new script commands for use in custom servers, including improved scaling and transformation (lerping)
  • Water Graphics | Added realistic water reflections and refractions
Thanks Lucky Day!

More information.

I like that they keep updating this.

Does anyone know the state of the modding scene? Have any significant new modules been released for this? Maybe some of the old ones have been updated?

Man, I recall testing for this years ago when I still lived in Canada, hard to fathom that updates are still rolling out. At least I give Beamdog huge kudos for supporting their works, many companies could learn from that initiative.

I like that they keep updating this.

Does anyone know the state of the modding scene? Have any significant new modules been released for this? Maybe some of the old ones have been updated?

@TheRealFluent; was playing NWN quite a lot, not long ago, he must know. You can check out his videos (if I'm not wrong, it's this channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmGkxSJjj60nP3RTh3GIktQ).

I think that @Couchpotato; had a list of mods too, not sure if that's recent and compatible with the latest EE.
EDIT: last edited 2017... https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1061301950&postcount=252

Beamdog's neverending support for NWN and the IE games is impressive, but I'm beginning to wonder when we're going to see a new release from them.

Beamdog's neverending support for NWN and the IE games is impressive, but I'm beginning to wonder when we're going to see a new release from them.
They're working on something but what & when are unknown...
JuliusBorisov said:
While the door on remasters hasn't been totally shut, currently Beamdog is working on a new game, its own IP. No details have been shared yet.

I recall something about a WWII game that (I think) was adapted from the Axis & Allies board game. Not sure what happened with that.

Glad to hear the're working on a new IP though. Should be interesting to see what they can create on their own.

I'll definitely replay this old favorite at some point. Though I kinda lost a lot of my hype, after the whole "Great Graphics Upgrade" was cancelled.

Still, it's nice to hear that they are continuing to improve the game, so eventually I'll certainly give it a go.

I have played many hours of NWN EE, and I have seen plenty of older modules being updated for the EE. Feel free to browse the vault, just go by "latest" or "newest" posts, and go from there. I can also recommend several, check the playlists @ www.youtube.com/gamegodfluent . The NWN playlists are all modules I've played and some I've completed. Plenty of good stuff there. Take care, all. <3 :)

Its pretty shocking what can be done now. Noiv, Soren, Virusman, et al. have been working on this awhile and most of these features have been previewed and tested until they are live now.

What they call LERPing (use of linear splines, but they are preset algorithms) is pretty amazing how you can script smooth animation. We've seen PC's and Ships use it. I'm going to use it on an 1896 Russian car model when I find the time.

If you check out the announcement on Steam they show some of the screenshots animated and it's very impressive - more impressive than the stills.

Someone asked about the custom content community. Most of it is pretty active on The Vault's and NWNX's discord

https://discord.gg/pWVqMRX
https://discord.gg/CukSHZq
@rjshae; and I frequent it quite a bit.

I'll post a few movies when I can a link that can play here. Daz has some amazing demos.

https://discord.com/channels/382306806866771978/382306806866771980/845778360801427506

daz1.jpg

Beamdog has also given their Android version of Baldur's Gate a UI facelift and resolution rework, making it legible and playable like their Android version of NWN already was.

Back
Top Bottom