Larian New Divinity games to be announced

• Thread starter Deleted member 18181
  • Start date
Larian Studios Games not fitting in one of the other prefixes
good catch @porcozaur;

Given how much they have invested in this engine by now, I suspect whatever new Divinity game is going to be announced, is going to use that same engine as a basis.
Also if they are thinking of releasing BG3 later this year or next year, they probably already started with pre-development of a new game to not make the time between two game releases too large. They are big enough to do that.

Yep, it should be kept in mind that not every employee can do every task. For example I guess the concept artists have nothing to work on in regards to BG3 currently. They could very well work on another big project now.
Only if you are running multiple projects with shifted development phases you can run a studio efficiently without having to rely on freelancers.

Are they big enough to handle both Baldur's Gate 3 and another Divinity game?

I wouldn't think so. It may be a spinoff game in the way that Thronebreaker was a Witcher game but not really.

There was this failed experiment of theirs, called Dragon Commander…

I'd much appreciate a D:OS3, as D:OS2 was a worthy update on D:OS, but still not close enough to be a truly great game for me.

On the other hand, I really enjoyed the original Div, and YES, am a big fan of Div2 (the "strange one" in the series) -- but considering the success of the D:OS series, it is highly unlikely they'd continue the old saga.

Announcing an announcement, how idiotic.

Hey guys, I'm going to post again, I just wanted to let you know...fuktards. This is the dumbest trend of the last generation.

Oh how I wish Larian would make an true Divinity sequel again, but that's a pipe dream at best. Seem Co-Op turn-based isometric RPGS are the developers future it seems.

As for Dragon Commander it might have failed but I enjoyed playing it.
Announcing an announcement, how idiotic.

Hey guys, I'm going to post again, I just wanted to let you know…fuktards. This is the dumbest trend of the last generation.
Yep the usual announcement of announcement fiasco.

Last edited:
We aren’t reacting to an announcement, but to a tweet. A tweet that mentions that more than one thing is going to be announced related to their Divinity games. Could be anything. Could be that you now can get your own physical Divine gloves of warming to be used in the winter. He never said any new games would be announced.

Gloves?! I want another spectacular Divinity hoodie!

Back
Top Bottom