New XenForo stuff

I want donuts! Can we have donuts too?
When the guys in the next cell start offering us sweets and baked goods, never accept. They do things to them.

I want donuts! Can we have donuts too?
I think we have a few more reactions to add before donuts come up. 🍩 ;)

On the mobile site, looking at new posts doesn't seem to show who wrote the last reply like on the standard website. Is it possible to add that in?
Are you talking about Tapatalk or regular forum viewed on a mobile? If so, which page are you looking at exactly?

I think we have a few more reactions to add before donuts come up. 🍩 ;)

Are you talking about Tapatalk or regular forum viewed on a mobile? If so, which page are you looking at exactly?
The mobile site, not Tapatalk.
It's the one where you click New Posts.

There isn't a "mobile site" per se, there is no separate mobile version of either the site or forums. It's just one responsive layout on the forums that behaves a bit differently when viewed on mobiles. Basically, certain page blocks/elements are set to reposition or hide when viewed on mobiles.

What you mention is apparently set not to display on mobiles as there isn't enough room for it in the standard portrait mode. It could be listed under the posts instead, but that would require custom work. However, if you click on the "Latest activity" tab on the same page, it will display the usernames of the users along with what their last activity was. So I guess that's a workaround.

I was rather thinking along the lines of (y)=I agree / I like, (n)=I disagree / I don't like, because it doesn't always require a long explanation and it's easier to count than going through so many repetitive posts...
That's exactly the fine line for me.
I would not like a combined reaction option for "disagree" and "don't like", because I think these are fundamentally different reactions.
If I disagree with the content of a posting I can still appreciate the posting itself as a valueable contribution to the discussion. This distinction wouldn't be possible with a single reaction. (Imho that's the proplem Reddit suffers from. The upvote should express "I want to see more of that" while it's too often used as "I agree", same for downvote and disagreeent.)

If we had different reaction options for "I disagree with the content" and "I don't like the posting" I would be fine with it.

Last edited:
There'll be a new feature enabled every now and then and a change made that warrants pointing out, so I'm making a dedicated thread for it.
Congratulations and Thank You for finishing the comment editor icons! Previously they were just all-same looking placeholder icons. Now they are beautiful. I love this forum engine as my favorite website has this one too. :)

I'm not sure if the character limit in posts carried over during the migration to XF, but I hit the 10k limit with only a moderately long post, so I've increased it several times. Nobody should be hitting any character limits even with long posts any more now, so no need to make multiple posts for a long reply.

I'm not sure if the character limit in posts carried over during the migration to XF, but I hit the 10k limit with only a moderately long post, so I've increased it several times. Nobody should be hitting any character limits even with long posts any more now, so no need to make multiple posts for a long reply.
You heard the man @Dartagnan !! Full steam ahead, don't be shy :)

Just means someone can now post a two page rant when I share an unpopular opinion.

I'm joking though it did happen last week and I enjoyed being insulted. Lesson learned though don't call a B budget game a phone game. Funny enough it was six paragraphs and could have been summed up in one sentence. Sometimes shorter replies are better.:biggrin:

Last edited:
I did was talking to Pladio if the report option works as I remember on the older forum software the reports were ignored. You usually had to check the moderator portal.

I find PM or personal message works better.

Anyway would it be possible to get a hmm thinking button like added.:unsure:

Just something for posts that make you think about the opinion but are lazy to comment.

I did was talking to Pladio if the report option works as I remember on the older forum software the reports were ignored. You usually had to check the moderator portal.
On XF, there is a separate moderator control panel where all the user reports appear and all the moderators can see and discuss the reports and act on them, if necessary/warranted.
Anyway would it be possible to get a hmm thinking button like added.:unsure:

Just something for posts that make you think about the opinion but are lazy to comment.
Sure, I'll add it soon-ish.

I do read all reports, etc when I log in each day and if I think action is warranted, I take it. I don't ignore what I'm sent, but I don't always think serious action is necessary. If I'm in any doubt, I usually leave it for the boss to decide!! :)

Can we renable members being able to delete their own posts? I don't understand why that was ever disabled to begin with. It's really annoying not being able to delete my own mistake when I accidently post something in the wrong thread.

Back
Top Bottom