Nioh 2 - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The action-RPG Nioh 2: Complete Edition has been released today:

UNLEASH YOUR DARKNESS

Experience the thrill of taking on hordes of fearsome yokai in a battle to the death in this brutal masocore Action RPG. Create your own original protagonist and embark on an adventure that will take you through devastated locales across Japan during the Sengoku period.

Much like the previous title which garnered much praise from fans and critics alike, Nioh 2 contains an original profound story surrounding military commanders from the Sengoku period. However, Nioh 2 goes above and beyond its predecessor by including the new Yokai Shift ability which allows the protagonist to utilize new powerful forms to defeat even the most formidable yokai in battle. New to Nioh 2, your enemies can now create a Dark Realm which raises the stakes of battle and creates new challenges for your protagonist to overcome. We hope you enjoy conquering fearsome monsters as you unleash your darkness in the world of Nioh 2.

Included Content
Nioh 2: Complete Edition includes all of the content from Nioh 2 along with all 3 DLC expansions, The Tengu's Disciple, Darkness in the Capital, and The First Samurai.

The Tengu's Disciple
The Tengu's Disciple takes the protagonist to the end of the Heian period, where the Genji and Heike clans were competing ruthlessly with one another. Experience the battle that acts as a prologue which reveals how the story of Nioh 2 came to be.

Darkness in the Capital
Darkness in the Capital takes place during the middle of the Heian period, a point in history where evil spirits and yokai ran rampant throughout Japan. The protagonist is brought back to this period and ventures to the capital where they will uncover the connections between an even more distant past and the present time period from which they came.

The First Samurai
The First Samurai brings the protagonist to the Suzuka Pass during the beginning of the Heian period. In the climactic 3rd expansion of the Nioh 2 saga, the protagonist will once again confront their arch-nemesis, Otakemaru.

PC Features:

• Full Mouse & Keyboard customisation
  • Gamepad compatibility
  • 4K Ultra-HD support
  • Ultra Wide-Screen compatibility
  • HDR & 144Hz monitor support
  • Consistent 60/120 FPS
More information.

Love the graphics. If it wasn't a soulslike game I would get it. Also read its really not mouse and keyboard friendly which is all I use. But the trailer ... sure looks nice!

I just bought this - installing now. Hubby's been playing it on PS4 and he really enjoyed it. He bought another copy on PC to coop with me :)

Played this on PS4 and it's my 2nd favorite game of 2020 (right behind P5R).
I know these game aren't for everyone but for me it's the perfect mix of character progression (level, gear, skills, build) and player skill.

Combat is excellent (a lot more complex than souls games) and the skill ceiling is insanely high.
When I started I got destroyed by almost everything and could barely get any combo done. Now after 50+ hours I attack, key pulse, stance switch, attack, dodge, parry, stance switch, etc. like second nature.

Amazing game.

Love the graphics. If it wasn't a soulslike game I would get it. Also read its really not mouse and keyboard friendly which is all I use. But the trailer … sure looks nice!

I'm a soulslike fan and played Nioh 1 on PC over 200 hours with keyboard and mouse and not having a single problem with the controls. It was natural like any PC game. Some keys' default mappings are weird but you can reassign them to any key you want. For ex, targeting and blocking buttons are in odd places but I reassigned first one to middle mouse button and blocking to the shift key. Only unfriendly controls are in menus: LMB for ok and next, RMB for cancel and back. But it's no big deal and you can adjust menu and action keys differently. They have seperate options.

Anyway, I tried Nioh 2 today on PC and it's more like Nioh 1.5 than Nioh 2. From graphics to menus to gameplay it's same. I heard that it's much richer in terms of content: More weapon types , more monster types, etc which is a good thing. It's like playing BG2 after BG1.

Also I want to say that I played nearly every soulslike that was released for PC with keyboard and mouse (Dark Souls series, Nioh, Surge series, Code Vein, Immortal Unchained, Mortal Shell, Ashen, etc) and nearly all of them had fluid k&m controls (apart from Dark Souls 1 vanilla edition which was fixed with a mod). So this "you can't play a soulslike with K&M" urban legend is a big lie who I think made up by console fanboys.

I was playing all Saturday. Couldn't put it down! Now, to play all Sunday! :D

Love the graphics. If it wasn't a soulslike game I would get it. Also read its really not mouse and keyboard friendly which is all I use. But the trailer … sure looks nice!

There are obvious similarities, but its really different to the souls games. The combat much faster and responsive and less about timing slow, heavy swings. There's a lot of depth to it, but it eases you in by only slowly unlocking the weapon skill trees. You won't get lost or confused and need a wiki to know where you should be going next.

It is keyboard and mouse friendly. The reviews saying you can't change the on screen prompts didn't look at the options screen. I'm playing with controller, though.

It also runs perfectly on my old 1070 rig with windows7, though it wouldn't run on win7 out of the box, but you can get it working easy. Solid 60FPS @ 1080p. All high with effects quality on LOW. Haven't tried letting it do 120fps. I just jumped right in, took the default character. I only lowered the effects because it was losing FPS when 2 or more players were attacking a boss.

Best game I've played in a long time!

Bah..I hate the Souls-like genre. It's becoming like all the Diablo clones.:p

Oh me to but I was referring how one game sparked a thousand clones.:biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom