No follow ups to news about products

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch
News are posted with no continuity.
Products are forgotten and not tracked.

Examples: the guild 3 no update, days long gone, no mention it is released etc

Guild 3 is still in early access where any info before it's official release is kinda pointless - news shouldn't cover small changes and rebalances in alpha and beta versions.

Anyone can open a separate forum thread about a game though to discuss what's not worth headlines, many of us do that all the time.

A sensible post by Chien but its a dilemma without a really good solution.

News is submitted on volunteer basis and the volunteers have made a remarkable job of nearly 20 years our favourite sites existence.

One thing I have been noticing is how much news there is about game development and the cycle winds down then stops a short while after release.

I would love to see follow up news stories on games afterwards. However, not too many people do this sort of thing and as a news aggregator we report the news that is out there.

One thing we could do, if possible, is publish anniversaries of notable games.

The news-lifecycle of a game:

Annoucement/ Kickstarter
Development/ dev blogs
Early Access / Alpha / Beta
Release
Reviews
Patches
Retrospective Reviews

It's another early access project.

We had an ongoing thread about it that disappeared a while back during server blackout. I remember sharing my thoughts on it's demo - that post is gone.
btw I lost interest when devs said relationships of a kind will be in, but no romances.

There are too many games to check if there is news on a regular basis. Whenever I post it is usually because of information received via mail or PM. Publishers and PR agencies sent information and several of our members sent information.
If anyone feels a game is not covered enough and there is news about that game, do send us a message.

It's a complaint that's sometimes leveled at professional news organisations, but it seems to me obvious why the desire can't be met, even at that scale. Each story would spawn so many "children" stories if they tried to follow up everything, it would rapidly become unmanageable. And here we only have a few dedicated volunteers giving up their free time.

As Myrthos says, if you care that much, adopt a game as your personal news responsibility, and improve matters by monitoring it and sending in the stories.

Man, and tracking those early access games has to be the definition of a no-fun job. Some of those products have been in that state for quite some time, with hardly any forward momentum towards an actual release.

That was a remark, not a request.

It is obvious that anyone who spots lacks is somewhat aware of what is missing. That the information was picked elsewhere. An obvious point as usual on this site ignored.

Requesting something that is already available makes no sense.

What is missing is continuity in the news section. It is filled as if it was mandatory to be filled.

So instead of asking people who are already aware of this or that to get aware of this or that, the remedy might be in assessing what news posters consider valuable to post. When they have no interest in tracking an item, they might as well post nothing at all about that item.

You're forgetting the rule: Less is more. Who would want t want to see VG247 style with a dozen of destiny articles daily. Also, if we were spoonfed with everything what's the point of forum discussions? Pun, if you notice it, is intended.

I do what I can but it is hard to find news that would be of interest to people here all the time. Sometimes a feast and sometimes a famine. If there are particular bits of news you would like me to go find you can always suggest it to me if you like. As long as it is not ridiculous and as long as it is RPG.

How dare this site not have the resources of the Huffington Post, with the budget of my daughter's lemonade stand.
Here's $5 for making me laugh.:lol:
I do what I can but it is hard to find news that would be of interest to people here all the time. Sometimes a feast and sometimes a famine. If there are particular bits of news you would like me to go find you can always suggest it to me if you like. As long as it is not ridiculous and as long as it is RPG.
You've done a great job sliver as I used to spend almost two hours everyday looking for news mysef, and still got negative feedback for not covering certain games, and so on.

I, for one, fully appreciate each and every single person/contributor that makes this place the sheer haven that it is. Outside of four true friends that also game, this is my go-to resource for my gaming needs, both new and old.

Know that you're doing great job Silver. So big thank you for doing what you're doing. :)

All of the editors do an amazing job and so do Arhu and Myrthos on the development side.

I tend to send links to the "Contact Us" button once in a while when I notice something interesting (to me) and that I think may be relevant to the Watch's members and usually it is posted by the next day on the news here.

I don't see that as a problem, but as part of being in an online community

Back
Top Bottom