Non-RPG General News - A Plague Tale: Requiem Gameplay

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Team Farflame published a gameplay overview for A Plague Tale: Requiem:

Plague Tale Requiem

Gameplay overview of medieval action adventure Plague Tale Requiem where brave girl Amicia and her brother Hugo are trying to survive in world plagued by rats and plague.
More information.

I liked the first game but I felt trapped by the game's linear constraints too much, when it forces you to move to the next zone without being able to come back or with the strange cinematics where the player can only move forward and that sort of things. I hope they stopped doing that in the second game.

Good news if you have gamepass as this will be on it day one.

I liked the first game but I felt trapped by the game's linear constraints too much, when it forces you to move to the next zone without being able to come back or with the strange cinematics where the player can only move forward and that sort of things. I hope they stopped doing that in the second game.
I think there will be linear parts but they also said that some locations will be more open and have more (2?) paths to go.

There was never a reason to return to a previous zone though that I can recall. I understand what you're saying though. It was a very story-focused game and quite linear. I enjoyed it enough to finish, but there's very little replayability there.

Some of the puzzles were entertaining enough, but I found myself wishing there were more ways to solve them and more than just that sling for combat. I'm glad there's more to the combat this time around.

There was never a reason to return to a previous zone though that I can recall. I understand what you're saying though. It was a very story-focused game and quite linear. I enjoyed it enough to finish, but there's very little replayability there.

Some of the puzzles were entertaining enough, but I found myself wishing there were more ways to solve them and more than just that sling for combat. I'm glad there's more to the combat this time around.
No, there wasn't any reason to get back, except sometimes when one doesn't realize it's a one-way gate to the next zone and there was some remaining loot. That's OK but it was just too obviously artificial.

The puzzles were fun, and the characters and their relationship were nicely done though.

Back
Top Bottom