Non-RPG General News - The Last of Us - in development for PC

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Last of Us Remake will be released for the PC, too:

The Last of Us Part I - Announce Trailer

Revisit the game that set a new bar for single-player narrative storytelling with The Last of Us and explore a ravaged and hardened world, where every action has a brutal consequence for Joel and Ellie. Available on PS5 September 2, 2022.

In development for PC.
More information.

I might actually get this. I watched the YouTube no-commentary cut-scenes "movie" back when and it was really enjoyable.

I will also get this. I have never watched any of the videos or anything but I have heard good things from fellow watchers who have lowered themselves to the Console class of gaming :) Hopefully the port is of the quality of Days Gone/RDR2 - where we (the PC masterrace) got a superior version of the game :)

I loved it back when I played it. It's in a very rare category of game plot, where I thought it could have made a really engaging novel. Definite shades of Cormac McCarthy's The Road, which is one of my favourite books.

I loved it back when I played it. It's in a very rare category of game plot, where I thought it could have made a really engaging novel. Definite shades of Cormac McCarthy's The Road, which is one of my favourite books.

Love that book. The movie that was based on it is pretty solid too.

I played The Last of Us in my PS4 and I can attest that it's a great game.
If you like the setting and have a console, get it now; if you don't, get it on PC as soon as possible.

I think Sony really misses the boat by late porting their hits to PC. Days Gone had a great story and I have really wanted to play this. I will be getting this when it hits PC.

Lue.

Typical Sony only nine years after the original release. I'll probably buy it but if they ever release the second game on the PC I'll skip it. Only because of what happened to Joel.

Typical Sony only nine years after the original release. I'll probably buy it but if they ever release the second game on the PC I'll skip it. Only because of what happened to Joel.

Your loss. It's a fantastic game. Is that common practice in how you pick things to watch? If bad things happen to characters you skip them?

It was just one factor among many that make me want to skip Part 2. I wont elaborate either as it'll end up dragging this thread into a political arena. We don't want that.

To sum it up not every game will appeal to everyone even if it was a success.

Finally! Day one purchase from me, something I rarely do but want to promote them releasing their gems. I'm embarrassingly bad with a controller, need that keyboard and mouse crutch.

I'll also pass on the second game.

Wimps. His death was not casual and it was not gratuitous. It's one of the most intelligently done and heartbreaking stories I've ever experienced in an interactive medium. I was exhausted and numb when I finished it, because it was actual art, something we get to experience only rarely from games.

But whatever. You read some comments somewhere.

[...] Definite shades of Cormac McCarthy's The Road, which is one of my favourite books.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but the book is great. I think, never after have I read something which gave me such a bodily feeling of dread while reading it.

It was just one factor among many that make me want to skip Part 2. I wont elaborate either as it'll end up dragging this thread into a political arena. We don't want that.

To sum it up not every game will appeal to everyone even if it was a success.

I have also watched the "movie" of part 2 and I can understand what some people don't like about it. Still I found the story to be quite powerful (and tragic).

Wimps. His death was not casual and it was not gratuitous. It's one of the most intelligently done and heartbreaking stories I've ever experienced in an interactive medium. I was exhausted and numb when I finished it, because it was actual art, something we get to experience only rarely from games.

But whatever. You read some comments somewhere.
Thanks I will Mr Nereida 2.0. Sheesh it's just a game.:roll:

Played and finished first game on PS4. Liked the story and eyecandy, but gameplay is shallow. Played second game as well. Gameplay is little bit more refined, but mostly same case as first one. I left it unfinished as I got terribly bored by gameplay - usual problem of the "oh-so-great" AAA production.. Perhaps I return to it and finish it one day. Just to see end of story.

I have also watched the "movie" of part 2 and I can understand what some people don't like about it. Still I found the story to be quite powerful (and tragic).

I've stayed away from watching anything from the sequel because I still plan on playing it when I finally get around to buying a PS5.

I don't think I would have enjoyed the first game anywhere near as much if I had already known the story beforehand.

Played and finished first game on PS4. Liked the story and eyecandy, but gameplay is shallow. Played second game as well. Gameplay is little bit more refined, but mostly same case as first one. I left it unfinished as I got terribly bored by gameplay - usual problem of the "oh-so-great" AAA production.. Perhaps I return to it and finish it one day. Just to see end of story.

We must've played different games. :D The gameplay, in Part 2 especially, is fantastic. Pretty much the best 3rd person action game. The only issue was the aiming on a controller. And now, on PC, it's gonna be perfect.

I fully intend to play them both on Grounded difficulty, since the AI is also great in Part 2, and the Part 1 remake will likely make full use of what they had in Part 2.

I just hope the ports will be spotless. Anything less would be a shame.

We must've played different games. :D The gameplay, in Part 2 especially, is fantastic. Pretty much the best 3rd person action game. The only issue was the aiming on a controller. And now, on PC, it's gonna be perfect.

I fully intend to play them both on Grounded difficulty, since the AI is also great in Part 2, and the Part 1 remake will likely make full use of what they had in Part 2.

I just hope the ports will be spotless. Anything less would be a shame.

Maybe I missed something, but when did they announce that they're porting Part II?

Back
Top Bottom