Non-RPG General News - The Last of Us - in development for PC

Maybe I missed something, but when did they announce that they're porting Part II?

They didn't. But I'd be shocked if they won't. It would be pretty stupid but not. I hope they're not expecting Part 1 to be bait for people to get a PS5? :S But since they're also porting Uncharted 4, which shares a lot of the same tech as TLOU2, I'd be surprised if they won't. It's too much money to miss out on.

Pretty much the best 3rd person action game.

That is probably the main issue. The action gameplay is just not enough for me these days. The biggest challenge this game presents is to learn control it.

No additional gameplay layers - no puzzles, no navigation, no loot or inventory (just very basic), no planning (just timing the kills) that is shallow gameplay to me. The fact that the game is basically on rails with very limited exploration also doesnt help.

Its just action, few additional elements and good story, well written if I dare to evaluate. That unfortunately doesnt keep me interested and going for long. I play the games to actually play them ... if gameplay is missing or lacking too much, I will rather go watch movie or read book.

They didn't. But I'd be shocked if they won't. It would be pretty stupid but not. I hope they're not expecting Part 1 to be bait for people to get a PS5? :S But since they're also porting Uncharted 4, which shares a lot of the same tech as TLOU2, I'd be surprised if they won't. It's too much money to miss out on.

I think they will take their sweet time to make sure console sales are not affected. And at the same time they probably expect that ports of previous generation games can lure some players to buy current generation console. I think the policy makes sense.

Spoiler tags people.

People who don’t have a console or don’t play shooters will be playing these games for the first time. Having the second game spoiled in a thread about the first kinda sucks.

I think they will take their sweet time to make sure console sales are not affected. And at the same time they probably expect that ports of previous generation games can lure some players to buy current generation console. I think the policy makes sense.

I would have though so too before Sony released three pretty major PS exclusives so far (God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn and Days Gone) and will release Spiderman in August. I don't think they'll wait that long, at least not artificially; unless just porting the game takes more time. I think we'll see Part 2 in max 1 year after Part 1 comes out on PC. Maybe even sooner.

Spoiler tags people.

People who don’t have a console or don’t play shooters will be playing these games for the first time. Having the second game spoiled in a thread about the first kinda sucks.

I wanted to say the same thing, but I think that level of spoiler is pretty hard to avoid given the internet backlash to it. But all the same, I also think we should keep this spoiler free.

Spoiler tags people.

People who don't have a console or don't play shooters will be playing these games for the first time. Having the second game spoiled in a thread about the first kinda sucks.
Really I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the game has been spoiled to high heaven on the internet. Anyway yeah I'll add spoiler tags for those special people.:lol:

I agree Sony never cared about the PC market. It was a market they were never interested in. They always snubbed & thought it wasn't worth the effort to port.

It wasn't until the market forced them to decide to release 6+ year old first party games finally. There was some data last week about PC sales and it wasn't bad or that great.

FTo7BboXsAEujrq

Official PlayStation PC Sales Numbers Revealed by Sony Horizon Zero Dawn • 2.39m • $60 Million in Revenue Days Gone • 852k • $22.7 Million in Revenue God of War • 971k • $26.2 Million in Revenue
We can all thank Microsoft for Game pass and their PC release strategy for these recent ports from Sony. It works as they made billions just on the PC market last year.

Really I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the game has been spoiled to high heaven on the internet. Anyway yeah I'll add spoiler tags for those special people.:lol:

Maybe so, but I had been able to avoid it until now. On the plus side my memory is so bad I probably won’t remember by the time I play. :)

Don't know if I'll play this but good news that we keep seeing ports of some of their better games. Hoping for Ghosts of Tsushima one of these days.

I've stayed away from watching anything from the sequel because I still plan on playing it when I finally get around to buying a PS5.

I don't think I would have enjoyed the first game anywhere near as much if I had already known the story beforehand.

True. Although, at the time it didn't seem it would ever find its way to PC and I wanted to know what all the fuss was about. I was pleasantly surprised.

I've long been interested in this… but I'm not keen on how "also for PC" is tacked on as an afterthought at the end. It wouldn't raise such a red flag if past late-to-the-party ports like this didn't already have a poor track record.

So, despite my interest, I'll be waiting for PC-specific reviews.

I've long been interested in this… but I'm not keen on how "also for PC" is tacked on as an afterthought at the end. It wouldn't raise such a red flag if past late-to-the-party ports like this didn't already have a poor track record.

So, despite my interest, I'll be waiting for PC-specific reviews.

None of the PS exclusives, so far, have been released on the same day on PC. So the fact that they're releasing the PC version later on could be because it's not done, or it could be that they still want to maximize console sales first, or it could be that they want to rip that band-aid off later on.

I have no issues with either of the possiblities. I'm not gonna look a gifthorse in the mouth. I'm sure the port will at least be decent, going by all the PC ports so far. Or worst case they'll hopefully smooth it out after release. But we'll see.

I just realized, a more shocking thing is that we've known about the release of Uncharted 4 on PC for months now, but no release date. Since the two games likely share a certain amount of the tech stack, I wonder if the ports are also connected. And if we'll likely get Uncharted 4 on PC before TLOU Part 1 on PC.

Back
Top Bottom