Obsidian Entertainment - Game Reveal Soon

Also, what are these four games being mentioned that they're working on? I know of Avowed, The Outer Worlds 2, and Josh Sawyer's yet to be announced project. What's #4?

Grounded. It is still in Early Access and has a team of over 50 people working on it.

If you saw couch's post it sounds like there is a 5th team with a small number of people also working on something yet unannounced.

I have always discounted it though because Brandon Adler is the game director of TOW2. Given the size of the TOW2 team it is very unlikely he is managing another project and I have seen nothing to back up that so far.

It also says Carrie Patel is the game director of TOW2 which is incorrect. Carrie is the game director of Avowed. Given Carrie did a significant amount of the writing for Eora/PoE2 this always sounded suspect to me.

I believe Chris Parker is not running any games at the moment. I imagine the role of COO is now significantly more time consuming than it used to be given the size of Obsidian now.

Adam Brennecke is running Grounded which only leaves Brian Heins to be leading something else. Brian has done Tyranny and that is it. I somehow doubt they are giving him another new project :p

Last edited:
It certainly isn't impossible. There is nothing to say they couldn't have multiple concept or pre-production projects going.
Based on rumors and leaks it's very possible. As insiders claim the IP's will be farmed out to other developers. InXile is supposedly working on Fallout 1 and 2 remasters.

Probably remade with their updated unity engine from Wasteland 3.

If you saw couch's post it sounds like there is a 5th team with a small number of people also working on something yet unannounced.

I have always discounted it though because Brandon Adler is the game director of TOW2. Given the size of the TOW2 team it is very unlikely he is managing another project and I have seen nothing to back up that so far.

It also says Carrie Patel is the game director of TOW2 which is incorrect. Carrie is the game director of Avowed. Given Carrie did a significant amount of the writing for Eora/PoE2 this always sounded suspect to me.

I believe Chris Parker is not running any games at the moment. I imagine the role of COO is now significantly more time consuming than it used to be given the size of Obsidian now.

Adam Brennecke is running Grounded which only leaves Brian Heins to be leading something else. Brian has done Tyranny and that is it. I somehow doubt they are giving him another new project :p
My list is from early 2021 there has been many changes since then.

Grounded is not a MMO.

Grounded is not a MMO.

Most interesting. I never really looked much into the game except for a few minutes on youtube. I had assumed you were playing in a world full of other players.

From reading the games site it says it is for 1-4 players.

Don't forget to watch the Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase on Sunday June 12th. Obsidian will be part of that. Starfield might finally get a game-play trailer as well.

Maybe inxile will show off one of their new games as well. I remember rumors last year claimed it was supposed to be some type of open world ARPG inspired by Arcanum.

Most interesting. I never really looked much into the game except for a few minutes on youtube. I had assumed you were playing in a world full of other players.

From reading the games site it says it is for 1-4 players.
Grounded is a Co-Op game you can play solo or with other players, but yep an MMO according to Joxer. He still insists that Wasteland 3 is an MMO because of Co-Op.:biggrin:

Last edited:
I am ready for some Avowed gameplay footage, please, Obsidian.

Yeah something preferably better then just some arrows flying like the last CGI trailer.:biggrin:

Any chance this game will include housing? I like housing :biggrin: (it's meant to be like Obsidian's TES, right?)

I imagine it will have some form of housing - although with Obsidian I think there is a fair chance it will be some kind of Stronghold/Base. A ton of their games have had this i.e. NWN2, AP, Pillars 1/2, Tyranny, TOW etc.

I think it would be nice if you could customise your strongholds appearance as well as it having some kind of functional use i.e. adding a forge, shop keeper etc. Put in armor/weapon racks and store rare trophies etc.

I imagine it will have some form of housing - although with Obsidian I think there is a fair chance it will be some kind of Stronghold/Base. A ton of their games have had this i.e. NWN2, AP, Pillars 1/2, Tyranny, TOW etc.

I think it would be nice if you could customise your strongholds appearance as well as it having some kind of functional use i.e. adding a forge, shop keeper etc. Put in armor/weapon racks and store rare trophies etc.

Yeah I was more talking about customising appearance of home.

I heard FO76 customisable housing as well but I could be wrong?

As happens more often than I would like, I am pretty negative about this. Not trying to ruin anyone else's hype feelings, of course. But I'm not interested in a Josh Sawyer historical rpg (sounds very, very boring to be honest)

Historical rpgs are not something that I usually find very interesting, with notable exceptions of Assassin's creed, and much more because I really love the Ancient Egypt setting -- that game in particular. (But the one set in Renaissance France also is cool) And the other historical setting I actually do find compelling is the Wild West/Old West (Red Dead Redemption series)

But a typical medieval historical setting with no magic and no true fantasy, and mostly about King and Queens and courtly intrigue and/or some famine or deadly plague, or whatever (for example -- "we will examine from a social justice historical perspective and how everyone was super racist or sexist back then" -- even worse, and would put me to sleep even quicker) --
well it gets a big meh and yawn from me.

As for "Avowed", ok, mildly curious. Maybe it will be a good game, but I'm doubtful.

Yes, the choice of owning a house could be nice for RP, but I'm not fond of meta castle-building mini-games which are a distraction.

It doesn't have to be ESO level detailed ;) Just Skyrim mod detailed :p

If I were making a Skyrim-style game, I would definitely include homes with customisation, let players grow crops, hunt, fish, and become traders.

I think it's clear that the longevity of Skyrim is due to people simply enjoying playing in that sandbox, so let's juice up that aspect as much as possible.

Back
Top Bottom