WotR Pathfinder WotR Collectors Edition box Review

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

bjon045

SasqWatch
So….my collectors edition arrived today. I have been waiting months for it and was super exited to finally get it. I carefully opened the outer cardboard protective layer and was presented with this:

Box is actually slighty nicer than the Kingmaker CE box but the graphics on the box are not as nice. Only a very slight tear on one of the corners (shown) but it doesn't really impact the overall look and feel of the box much. I can live with that as it is not suprising given it travelled across 8 countries and 10 airports to get to me.

Carefully opened the box and:

It looks like the statues head is not attached. I assumed it was like OS:2 and thought I would have to attach the head myself. Looks good so far.

Took the cloth map out and:

Holy shit! This is the biggest cloth map I have ever seen. Easy twice the size of the largest map in my collection (and I have a very large collection :) ). The finish of the cloth is good but not the best I have ever seen. Overall, a great map. The size is a little bit unwieldy though - it is more a blanket than a map :)

Now the piece de resistance - the statue!!!

Disaster!!! It's broken into 5 pieces…after all this time waiting.

I am heart broken but also deeply concerned. A closer look at the statue reveals it is so flimsy it wouldn't even survive being placed in a box. Some pieces are so thin and so poorly glued just touching it with the slightest touch would be sufficent to break the glue points.

It should of never passed an initial design review. The statue is made up of about 8 pieces which have been glued together. It has zero strength. The body and legs should of been a single piece. The wings should of been shipped detached and clipped on. The head should of either produced as one piece with the body as well or made a clip on like D:OS2 Fane statue. This statue is a f'ing joke. I will be highly suprised if/when my statue gets replaced it doesn't come with the same issues.

Also, it is missing the promised sticker pack.

WotR is the most expensive kickstarter/fig CE of any projects that have been funded. Unfortunately the overall quality just doesn't stack up. D:OS2 and Wasteland 3 are vastly superior at a significantly cheaper price (circa 30-40 dollars if I recall correctly). It is better than the Kingmaker CE but when you consider the price difference the value is questionable.

Without the broken/poorly designed statue I would of rated it 6/10 due to the poor value but I have to give it 3/10 with the broken statue. I suspect quite a few other people will also get broken statues as well.

Last edited:
@bjon045; I saw your post and talked to one of CMs at Owlcat games.

She asked me to pass on the message:

Can you please check inside the box with the disk for stickers?
Also, please contact team@owlcatgames.com about Arue statue.

Yeah I found the stickers thanks. Sorry I didn't update this post with that fact. The stickers, the metal badge, the art book and the map - they are all perfect. The printed manual is pretty dodgy but it probably meets definition of a manual. I really hope I can get a replacement statue and I worry that other people will have the same problem with the statue. The statue is really just too fragile to be honest.

Yikes looks like that package was dropped or tossed around a lot during shipping. I used to work logistics and sometimes you had to toss packages fast to load delivery trucks.

We even received broken shipments. Hope you get a unbroken replacement.As for me I stopped buying these editions once the industry quit offering physical PC games.

It's been all digital for me these last seven years.:(

Still waiting on my WotR collector's edition. I consider myself ahead of the game with Owlcat on this, though, because they sent me two copies of the Kingmaker collector's edition back in the day when I should have received only one.

Still waiting on my WotR collector's edition. I consider myself ahead of the game with Owlcat on this, though, because they sent me two copies of the Kingmaker collector's edition back in the day when I should have received only one.

Lucky you. I was pretty lucky with the Kingmaker collectors edition I guess. Mine arrived in perfect condition but I saw lots of photos of other peoples copies who weren't so lucky.

Here is my mini reviews of all the CE's I have so far from Kickstarter/Fig with them in order from best to worst.

Wasteland 3 ($95 + shipping) - 10/10 Biggest box. Amazing quality statue. Best value for price.
Original Sin 2 ($145) - 10/10 Amazing box. Amazing quality statue. Massively improved from the first one. High resale value.
Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire ($149 or $199 with statue) - 9/10 Great box with very high quality content. Space pig badge etc. Good statue.
Bards Tale 4 ($112) - 8/10 Nice large box with average content
Pathfinder Kingmaker ($180) - 7/10 Okay box with great map and content. Too expensive for what was delivered
Pillars of Eternity 1 ($100) - 7/10 Nice size box with average content
Torment Tides of Numenra ($128) - 6/10 Amazing box but content was lacking
Wasteland 2 ($115) - 5/10 Ammo box was more like a Lunchbox
Original Sin - 4/10 Barebones and nothing special at all
Pathfinder Wrath of the Rigtheous ($199) - 3/10 Good box. Great map and badge. Poor manual and broken statue. By far the most expensive CE.

Last edited:
Just an update. Owlcat has already reached out and said they will send a replacement. That's good but at the same time I am worried whether the new one will survive the journey given they are so fragile. That is pretty great customer support and I have to give them credit for that though.

Pretty cool… Had I known anything about this game prior to release, or how awesome the game was, I'd have sprung for it.

I would have gone for physical goods if it could be added item to early access tier. Sadly that was not the case :/

At least I got the soft copy of the artbook. Wish there is option to get soft copy of manual as well - that way, I'd have it printed locally myself or something.

*Couch seen drop-kicking packages onto porches*
Not to much nowadays with porch cameras but I was talking more about unloading trucks, and loading delivery vans. You are timed and on a schedule to complete.

I usually had to unload two 72 ft trailers in two hours.

Otherwise your reprimanded & written up but I eventually became the manager and it's the other way around. Power is sure damn nice to have once you become management.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom