WotR Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous kickstarter updates

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
It is, thanks! :)

It's a long video though… I've watched a tiny bit but didn't find a mention of a 3rd game. Let's make it a contest, the first to find wins something. ;)

I'm sure Paizo would be thrilled to have another successful game based on their ruleset, the question is, what will Owlcat make as a next game?

Apparently, its around 1:26:45 mark.

Paizo even asked audience what they'd like to see and top 3 votes were Skull & Shackles, Iron Gods and Rise of the Runelords.

Apparently, they also discussed what other APs were considered before Owlcats decided on WotR - which were Mummy's Mask, Ironfang Invasion and Jade Regent?

Interesting. For those who want to learn more, as I knew nothing about them:

https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Rise_of_the_Runelords

From the idyllically peaceful coastal town of Sandpoint to an ancient lost city at the top of the world, Rise of the Runelords takes a party of adventurers from 1st to over 18th level and delves into the mysteries of Varisia's ancient past. Millennia ago, the powerful empire of Thassilon ruled the land, dominated by despotic runelords who maintained their power through harnessing the power of rune magic. Thought gone forever, the workings of Thassilon are not so far beneath the surface and one of the runelords plans a return to power. Only the brave adventurers stand in his way.

https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Iron_Gods_(adventure_path)

Numeria has a long history of mystery and wonder buried under its rugged landscape, for on that one fateful night thousands of years ago, the Rain of Stars scarred the land. The fragmented remnants of a ship from beyond the stars fell from the sky, scattering strange technological ruins and deadly perils across the land. Today, these sites are feared by the barbaric tribes and coveted by the sinister spellcasters of the Technic League. Yet something worse than brutish berserker or super-science wizard has risen to power in these hidden technological halls. The Iron Gods are ready to make their presence known, and if they are not opposed by the region's newest heroes, a scourge unlike any the Inner Sea has seen will arise! From small Numerian towns to strange technological ruins to the region's infamous capital of Starfall—and perhaps beyond—the Iron Gods Adventure Path will take your heroes into places unlike any seen before in the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game!

https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Skull_&_Shackles

There's adventure to be had on the high seas when a group of press-ganged strangers seizes a ship and becomes embroiled in the plots and politics of the Shackles—an infamous island chain dominated by pirate warlords. But as these new swashbucklers make names for themselves, rival scalawags, enemy navies, legendary sea monsters, and the infamous Hurricane King himself seek to see them walk the plank. Who will survive when there's glory to plunder?

Someone said anything but pirates earlier ... so guess third is out for them :)

For me, however, the third is the only one of interest. The first sounds like it has magic via runes and glyphs and I never liked that kind of magic although it does sound like it could be interesting.

While I didn't mind the technology in the WOTR area relating to Numeria I don't know if I would enjoy an entire game on it.

So somewhat leaves the third for me and I really enjoyed POE2 which was set on the islands. Course I was one of the few who enjoyed the boating aspect to travel as I know that seemed to be disliked or even hated by most.

I would probably like any game they made, however, if it was as good as their first two and based on the same universe.

Rise of the Runelords was already done by Obsidian in Pathfinder Adventures - however that is a card game. Even though, it would knock it down a few places in terms of priority maybe?

I like the idea of Iron Gods too.

Wasn't there some talk of Starfinder?

Yes, there was an advertisement for TB sci fi game a while back but no idea if that involves Paizo or not. Given that was way before WotR release, it could be that a game other than 3rd Pathfinder is already in development. We shall see :)

Here's the link for Iron Gods, @wolfgrimdark;'s link seems to miss the last character. :)
https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Iron_Gods_(adventure_path)

I'm fine with any of them. The pirate theme is fun, it's an aspect of PoE 2 that I found refreshing. It means doing a lot from scratch though. I think it was someone from here who said he'd prefer not, and not a problem for Owlcat Games, so it's not off the table. But it was just an open discussion including one dev and 2 CMs, their creative director would certainly have his say in the selection of potential games / APs ;)

The Starfinder ad was very long ago and I doubt it's still relevant at this point. In fact, couldn't that have been to design some parts of WotR? In any case, if they had been busy for 2 years on another game, they would have advertised it long ago, Owlcat Games are not the type to work in secret (nor could they afford it). Besides, the answer they gave about Starfinder at the Q&A earlier this year would have been different, unless Mishulin is very good at poker.

The Starfinder ad was very long ago and I doubt it's still relevant at this point. In fact, couldn't that have been to design some parts of WotR? In any case, if they had been busy for 2 years on another game, they would have advertised it long ago, Owlcat Games are not the type to work in secret (nor could they afford it). Besides, the answer they gave about Starfinder at the Q&A earlier this year would have been different, unless Mishulin is very good at poker.

Hmmm I don't think it would have been for WotR. I'm quite certainly they are already working on their 3rd game, although I don't have a clue on whether it is 3rd Pathfinder game or something entirely different.

All speculation ofcourse. I think it will be too early for them announce anything since WotR been out for less than 2 months still - they still have a lot of patching to do + work on DLCs ;)

Hmmm I don't think it would have been for WotR. I'm quite certainly they are already working on their 3rd game, although I don't have a clue on whether it is 3rd Pathfinder game or something entirely different.

All speculation ofcourse. I think it will be too early for them announce anything since WotR been out for less than 2 months still - they still have a lot of patching to do + work on DLCs ;)
I was wondering because I saw one or two posts of people talking about a sci-fi-like area. Anyway, I don't expect designers to be that much specialized.

The ad was in July 2020, I thought it was earlier than that. So it's more like one year.

What would they start working on though? They'd first investigate the story and draft places, themes and characters, I suppose? They wouldn't start creating areas and 3D models when they're busy doing that for WotR, and would have plenty of time to do it later when there's a more precise idea of the plot. Just wondering.

Maybe a new IP?

I let my imagination go wild and came up with a theory that they are working on Starfinder and WotR was going to be their last Pathfinder game - but maybe Paizo wants another Pathfinder game now from Owlcats since WotR is quite a success ;)

Maybe a new IP?

I let my imagination go wild and came up with a theory that they are working on Starfinder and WotR was going to be their last Pathfinder game
I thought you'd be the last person to have that fantasy ;)

Just teasing, I know sci-fi wouldn't be your first choice. I'd welcome it but on the other hand, I'd rather have them do what they do best. And if possible without having to create everything from scratch or almost.

Owlcat being Owlcat, they would need to add something new on top, like they did for the kingdom or the crusade systems. I don't know if there's something similar in the APs they mentioned. Except the obvious battle-at-sea which could come with Skull & Shackles, but then I'd join you on the side of people who prefer something else! :lol: It was fun in Assassin's Creed but in a classic RPG like PoE 2, that's something I could have done without.

I thought you'd be the last person to have that fantasy ;)

Just teasing, I know sci-fi wouldn't be your first choice. I'd welcome it but on the other hand, I'd rather have them do what they do best. And if possible without having to create everything from scratch or almost.

Owlcat being Owlcat, they would need to add something new on top, like they did for the kingdom or the crusade systems. I don't know if there's something similar in the APs they mentioned. Except the obvious battle-at-sea which could come with Skull & Shackles, but then I'd join you on the side of people who prefer something else! :lol: It was fun in Assassin's Creed but in a classic RPG like PoE 2, that's something I could have done without.

Oh, trust me - I'd rather Owlcats work on another Pathfinder game than Starfinder or any other sci fi setting with TB combat. But I sort of get the feeling they poured their heart into WotR like its the last Pathfinder game they will work on - there are areas in WotR they seem to be inspired by other modules (e.g. Iron Gods inspired area in chap3, Mummy's Mask inspired area in puzzle quest, Nenio herself could be inspiration from Jade Regent etc) and they could have done it because its their last Pathfinder. Fingers crossed that I am wrong.

The twitter ad from last year also claimed their next RPG game would only be TB. Anyway I hope it's a Scfy RPG but that's just me. As I find fantasy RPGs stale nowadays.

Update 1.1.7c

Owlcat Games released an update.

Today's keyword is 'Trickster', it may be just in time for anyone playing this mythic path ;) @purpleblob1;

Update 1.1.7c

Crusaders!

A new patch 1.1.7c is here! This time the patch is sponsored by the Trickster Appreciation Society and contains some mechanical fixes for everyone's favourite fish-lover (Trickster's Nature, World, and Stealth feats) and a fix for Trickster's rank-ups, which led to some issues in the citadel of Drezen, like not being able to rest, for example. We also fixed some bugs not related to the Trickster (see below). Some of you have been asking us when we will release the next big patch, and all we can say for now is that we do work on it, and will have some news for you soon!

Known issues:
  • Bestow Protection in the crusade mode has a wrong formula in the description, the correct number of temporary hit points is (2x Mythic rank) percent, not (d10x mythic rank) percent;
  • If you play on macOS, your inventory may not work in the first area of the prologue, but will work when you go to the next area. We are working on the fix for it.
Beware of possible plot spoilers!

Quests
  • A Refuge from the Present: fixed the missing text in the pop-up window before the battle. Fixed the issue that could make this quest impossible to complete;
  • Fixed the error that could block the progress of the Devastation quest;
  • Fixed the issue of getting stuck with Yozz during Greybor's quest in chapter 4;
  • In some cases, Yozz didn't appear during The Price of Loyalty quest when he should have been there - fixed.

Areas
  • Fixed the issue which could lead to breaking the battle at the Shrine of the Three before it began;
  • In the house of Wintersun's leader, the characters could get stuck in the doorway sometimes - fixed;
  • In the Nameless Ruins, after interacting with the statue, Nenio and the player could get stuck in the lying animation - fixed;
  • The 4th obelisk in the Ineluctable Prison sometimes couldn't be broken - fixed (and was also moved to a nearby room).

Crusade
  • Absorption now works according to the description. The number of uses of this ability has been increased to 3;
  • Bestow Protection didn't work correctly - fixed;
  • Dominate in tactical battles no longer leads to freezes;
  • Fixed an error in the dialogue with Odan;
  • Fixed an incorrect link in the description of Zagelforntz's Masterpiece decree;
  • Fixed generals' Bone Arrow ability in tactical battles;
  • Fixed Mass Hideous Laughter in tactical battles;
  • Fixed the description of Blood Potion feat;
  • Fixed the mechanics of healing in tactical battles;
  • Judgment Day now works according to its description;
  • Some choice effects in Socothbenoth's dialogue (mythic Legend rank up) didn't give anything - fixed;
  • Some events could appear as available for the second time, and as the result, could not provide the rewards, because they were already given - fixed;
  • Wealth Brings Strength now shows correctly as a global buff and a feat;
  • Fixed the issue with Trickster's rank-ups.

Classes & Mechanics
  • Paladins' ability Smite Evil didn't work correctly if it was used by a couple of paladins on the same target - fixed;
  • Skald's Damage Reduction didn't stack before you gained a new level - fixed;
  • Trickster's Knowledge (World) 1 rank didn't work correctly - fixed;
  • Trickster's Lore (Nature) 3 rank didn't work correctly - fixed;
  • Trickster's Stealth 3 rank didn't work correctly - fixed;
  • Warpriest's spellbook was not available to be merged when taking the Loremaster Prestige Class - fixed.

Items
  • All-round defense didn't have a name in a tooltip, and its radius was 5 instead of 10 - fixed;
  • Broken Gauntlets had an incorrect name and could be worn by animal companions. Resolution: now the name is The Stern Hand, and it can be worn only by companions or the player;
  • Perfect Storm didn't work correctly - fixed.

UI
  • Items in non-active slots (such as shields) could still give bonuses - fixed.

Misc
  • After exiting the area while a party member is captured in a pit, said party member would appear out of the map in the next area - fixed;
  • Fixed some issues with items not being displayed on kitsune's model while they were in a human form;
  • Fixed the issue with the materials of the mythic banners;
  • Sometimes when inspecting an enemy, various messages appeared in the battle log - fixed.

Now they've tweeted this:

The adventures continue! Do you have Season Pass stored already? Looking forward to the upcoming DLC as much as we are? Be ready, the news will follow next week. Meantime, let's use our mythic skills and try to guess, where the Commander will go in the first DLC?

image.png

Back
Top Bottom