WotR Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous kickstarter updates

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
Patch notes for Beta 0.5.2i
Quests
- Fixed Arueshalae not coming in Act 3 if you recruited her in Act 2 (it won’t fix saves in Act 3)
- Killing Wenduag broke Lann’s quest in Act 4. Resolution: fixed.
- Seelah didn’t want to talk to the player character in Drezen. Resolution: fixed.
- If Hulrun joined the assault on the Grey Garrison this will be indicated in the quest log

Crusade
- Fixed some of the issues that caused freezes during tactical combat
- In Leper’s Smile you could get -100 morale. Resolution: fixed, if you faced this issues you can reset your morale to zero following this simple steps:
If you are on the global map return to the war camp (or any other location) and rest for one day. Then return to the global map and now your morale should be at 0.

Zones
- After killing the guards you couldn’t return to Nocticula’s palace and other parts of Alushinyrra. Resolution: fixed
- During the assault on Ziggurat exit disappeared. Fixed: exit is now back and can be used as intended.
Fight with Minagho in Grey Garrison could break in TBM. Resolution: fixed.
- A cutscene with killing of cultists wouldn’t play if you defeated cultists in Estrod Tower before the assault on Defender’s Heart. Resolution: fixed.
- Removed two autosaves from Grey Garrison that could break the game upon loading them.
- Some changes to lighting in the Grey Garrison to improve FPS.
Visual
- Turned on SSR

Classes and abilities
- Hellknight’s feat Ardent Armiger could break the save. Resolution: fixed
- In the character creation, after picking the second bloodline for the crossblooded sorcerer, you can't change it because there is a sub message of "Nothing to choose". Resolution: fixed
- The“Next” button stopped working after using the “Back” button during the creation. Resolution: fixed.
Racial bonus doubled during level up. Resolution: it won’t be applied, but it would be still displayed.
- Now Nenio can use scrolls again!

TBM
- We removed supernatural abilities from users of TBM, so you can no longer pass through closed doors in TBM.
- Now you can pass through the doorways that were blocked before (the problem will persist if you load the save with turned off TBM).

Stability
- Fixed several issues that caused crashes

Rest
- Cooking is back!
- You can now select and craft recipes

Damnit, they fixed Hulrun bug :/ Ah well, I'm too far past thst stage to go back.

Yes, cooking is back - awesome!!!

Was it also extremely jerky for you in the Grey Garrison near the end of chapter 1? If they improved the FPS, I can't imagine how it was before.

Nope, no issues there for me. The only place where FPS drops is market place in chapter 1 as far as I know.

I didn't notice any major framerate drops myself.

I've played the game until the first few army management battles.
I'm going to give it a rest now and go back to the Witcher 3 I think.

The game seems like it's shaping up quite well with some bugs here and there which they seem to be fixing as they go.

I would expect the first 2 acts to be almost bug free at release with only the latter acts having bugs.

Thanks for your inputs regarding performances, it's strange. I saw micro-freeze episodes when the mouse got over all the stuff (monsters, bodies, spells, allies), showing the tooltips or changing the mouse icon. I suppose this is more visible in turn-based mode, I tried in real-time and it's not that obvious - it's either pause or frenetic battle, not much time for the mouse to get over anything.

That, or it's due to the last update.

EDIT: the problem was due to the tooltip, when Inspect is enabled. Apparently rendering the tooltip and/or gathering the information to display takes some time...

Hmmm…..
Well spotted! :D
Pff, he could have warned me earlier, I never had the chance to taste this festival drink ;)

I'm more disturbed by the short festival scene we see at the end of chapter 1

Kingmaker was cozy, but I really like the divine and demonic dimensions given by WotR, there's something epic from the very start.

Last edited:
Well, I lied. I rerolled a Crossblooded Sorceress Dhampir. I want to try out some Demonic path stuff as I never play that in my actual runs.

It's not for me but it's interesting to see. I'll probably stick with it to around the same point.

Well, I lied. I rerolled a Crossblooded Sorceress Dhampir. I want to try out some Demonic path stuff as I never play that in my actual runs.

It's not for me but it's interesting to see. I'll probably stick with it to around the same point.

My most out there idea is dhampir bloodrager. Still haven't decided which mythic I will choose in the beginning (tossing between lich and demon) and later switch to GD. I don't know much about bloodrager so wondering which of 2 mythics will create better synergy.

My most out there idea is dhampir bloodrager. Still haven't decided which mythic I will choose in the beginning (tossing between lich and demon) and later switch to GD. I don't know much about bloodrager so wondering which of 2 mythics will create better synergy.

I've no clue about synergies. :D

Just trying out things. I don't grasp a lot of things in this game and DnD in general.
I still don't understand why mages can't know more than 2 spells even though they know 15 :D What's the point of knowing 15 spells when you can only use 2 ?

That's why I'm playing a sorcerer, at least there it makes sense I can use all my spells even if there's a limit per rest.

I've no clue about synergies. :D

Just trying out things. I don't grasp a lot of things in this game and DnD in general.
I still don't understand why mages can't know more than 2 spells even though they know 15 :D What's the point of knowing 15 spells when you can only use 2 ?

That's why I'm playing a sorcerer, at least there it makes sense I can use all my spells even if there's a limit per rest.

Spontaneous casters (sorcerers etc) have advantages of not having to prepare/memorise spells but they learn less spells than non-spontaneous casters (mages etc). So non-spotaneous casters can meet arcane caster requirement quicker if you want to go prestige classes like Arcane Trickster or Eldritch Knight etc than spontaneous casters. Also, I got in a situation where my sorcerer didn't learn the spell I needed whereas my mage already obtained the spell I need (since you can even learn spells off the scrolls), I just need to memorise the right one and rest then its all good.

EDIT: the problem was due to the tooltip, when Inspect is enabled. Apparently rendering the tooltip and/or gathering the information to display takes some time…

You should report that as performance enhancement anyway (maybe choosing "recommendation" instead). I had the inspect on all the time in Kingmaker but I only turn it on when needed in WotR since it seem to take up more space.... (feel so clustered!)

Pff, he could have warned me earlier, I never had the chance to taste this festival drink ;)

Hah, I had chance to have some drinks ;) Pretty sure the whole festival is in there as a tutorial purposes :p

I just noticed with my new character that your race matters at least in a few instances.
The barkeeper in Defender's Heart is a Vampire so being a Dhampir makes a change in dialogue. And the Thieflings accepted my Tiefling into the Family :D
It's nice to see these things.

Spontaneous casters (sorcerers etc) have advantages of not having to prepare/memorise spells but they learn less spells than non-spontaneous casters (mages etc). So non-spotaneous casters can meet arcane caster requirement quicker if you want to go prestige classes like Arcane Trickster or Eldritch Knight etc than spontaneous casters. Also, I got in a situation where my sorcerer didn't learn the spell I needed whereas my mage already obtained the spell I need (since you can even learn spells off the scrolls), I just need to memorise the right one and rest then its all good.

That's a good point. I think the only issue with that is if there are lots of restrictions no resting (like time sensitive quests).

Maybe I'll go with a non-spontaneous caster next time then...

I just noticed with my new character that your race matters at least in a few instances.
The barkeeper in Defender's Heart is a Vampire so being a Dhampir makes a change in dialogue. And the Thieflings accepted my Tiefling into the Family :D
It's nice to see these things.
I love that. It's funny, I just made a similar comment on Discord, I saw that Queen Galfrey answered to a question on her age with a bit of irony because I'm an elf (and elves get even older than her). I'm pretty sure a different answer is made to dwarves and humans. It's not much but it feels more personal :)

That's a good point. I think the only issue with that is if there are lots of restrictions no resting (like time sensitive quests).

Maybe I'll go with a non-spontaneous caster next time then…
Yes, it's really specialization vs freedom vs flexibility. Clerics are in-between, they must prepare their spells each day, but from the whole (smaller) list of cleric spells. So
  • Wizards must choose the known spells at each level from a big global list, they cannot change later, and they must prepare a small selection of known spells each day. They can learn additional spells from scrolls.
  • Sorcerers must choose the known spells at each level from the same big global list, this number of known spells is smaller than for the wizard but they don't need to prepare them, they can use any of them. They cannot learn from scrolls.
  • Clerics must prepare their spells each day directly from a global list, so they know more spells than wizards and sorcerers, but this global list is smaller than the wizard's / sorcerer's big global list. They don't need to learn from scrolls.
(that's a simplified comparison)

Tough choice :D

Now that I've tasted it, I think I prefer the cleric's way, even if I miss some of the exotic spells that wizards enjoy. With a wizard or a sorcerer, I always have a hard time selecting spells, and I'm invariably frustrated to know so few of them.

Yes, it's really specialization vs freedom vs flexibility. Clerics are in-between, they must prepare their spells each day, but from the whole (smaller) list of cleric spells. So
  • Wizards must choose the known spells at each level from a big global list, they cannot change later, and they must prepare a small selection of known spells each day. They can learn additional spells from scrolls.
  • Sorcerers must choose the known spells at each level from the same big global list, this number of known spells is smaller than for the wizard but they don't need to prepare them, they can use any of them. They cannot learn from scrolls.
  • Clerics must prepare their spells each day directly from a global list, so they know more spells than wizards and sorcerers, but this global list is smaller than the wizard's / sorcerer's big global list. They don't need to learn from scrolls.
(that's a simplified comparison)

Tough choice :D

Now that I've tasted it, I think I prefer the cleric's way, even if I miss some of the exotic spells that wizards enjoy. With a wizard or a sorcerer, I always have a hard time selecting spells, and I'm invariably frustrated to know so few of them.

Just to add complexity, there are spontaneous divine caster as well ;) (oracle is spontaneous divine caster while cleric is non-spontaneous divine caster)

Oracle + sorcerer gives me a flexibilty for me to build mystic theurge (MT) without having to worry about messy spell book (since both oracle and sorc are spontaneous casters) + they both use CHA as primary stat.

When I tried cleric + empyreal sorc (both use WIS as primary stat) to build MT, combined spell book was so messy because cleric is non-spontaneous and sorc is spontaneous caster.

Back
Top Bottom