WotR Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous kickstarter updates

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
Interesting.

I assume they'll stick close to the tabletop version, as they tend to do that, so that means anyone interested can look up more details on what the classes provide here (Loremaster is just an example):
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/core-rulebook/loremaster/

There will be some differences, of course, but most of the actual bonuses (+1 caster level per level etc) will probably be present.

Aye I have been following along with the updates, thanks for posting!

Very much looking forward to this although I am pretty set on playing my Tiefling. Just not sure on class yet but something with an animal companion I am sure :)

I'm currently on my 3rd run of WotR alpha - its still early days but the alpha is very enjoyable.

I'm currently on my 3rd run of WotR alpha - its still early days but the alpha is very enjoyable.
Glad to hear I don't play Early Access games though.

Will you start a thread and share your opinion?

Pathfinder was one of the few games I did beta. But I discovered after doing the first chapter of the game like 4 times that when the full game was released I was burnt out on it. So even though I had the chance to do alpha I skipped.

I didn't learn to love Pathfinder until I had given it a good break from release and went back with a fresh approach.

Glad to hear I don't play Early Access games though.

Will you start a thread and share your opinion?

I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to share too much detail (NDA).

Lots of new things are already implemented in the alpha - quite a few new classes, even the stretch goal companion and army management system is the alpha. Owlcats added a lot of new assets so you can definitely feel you are no longer in the Stolen Lands. 6 of 9 Mythic paths are in as well - I tried out Angel and Azatas, going for Trickster in my 3rd run. Alpha covers part of chapter 1 and all of chapter 2, so it's a pretty decent chunk.

That's pretty much all I can share at this point.

I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to share too much detail (NDA).
Sorry thought it was an open alpha. I hate NDA's for games.:(
Alpha covers part of chapter 1 and all of chapter 2, so it's a pretty decent chunk.
The games that far along already? Guess a release next year is on track then.

Last edited:
There is an FAQ entry which I don't quite understand :

Can I pay with PayPal?
PayPal will be available on the backer portal after the KS campaign ends.

Means that if I can only contribute via Paypal, then I'll have to wait until everything ends and I won't be able to get anything from the backer tiers ?

But anyway, as much as I'd like to support some games on Kickstarter ... - I feel left out, because I cannot comply to the desired payment method.

So, Kickstarter is done for me.

Bottom note : I understand that the way Kickstarter works it is only possible with credit cards, but that still leaves those out who have enthusiasm, but no credit cards. Imagine a similar backing portal in which you could exclusively support via Giropay ...

The lack of a PayPal option until well after the Kickstarter was over led to me just sitting this one out. The remaining stretch goal just didn't interest me, and the ones I liked were already in. Still, I do intend to play once it is properly patched up. Hopefully it will be loads of fun.

An update on alpha feedback:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/2919402

Snippet below:
What was the focus?

With the Alpha Test, we wanted to see how the game feels and get an opinion on some of the new features.
With a mythic-focused story, we needed to learn how compelling mythics are and how people like them. Every Mythic should be interesting and useful.

Another important topic was the addition of the rotating camera, and changes that were made to the design of the levels, and how it affected the gameplay.

We were also curious about the overall atmosphere and feeling of the game. Wrath of the Righteous is a dark adventure path and it was crucial that we would convey the atmosphere just right.

It was also curious to receive feedback about the first iteration of Armies in Crusade. While the mechanic wasn’t finished, the suggestions and ideas we have received from players resembled some of our own. It is clear to us that we are going in the right direction.

Alpha 2 (updated alpha) should be coming out around end of August (or maybe it will be delayed a bit due to COVID etc).

I was just looking into whether you could "back" this game having missed the Kickstarter (you can - the options are on their website) and found this nice offer. If you sign up for their mailing list they send you a free digital art book from kingmaker. Might be of interest to some folk.
https://wrath.owlcatgames.com/

Stage 2 of the alpha is finished and Owlcats are working towards releasing the beta in January 2021!!! :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/project..._email_backer_project_update_registered_users

A month has passed since the end of Stage 2 of the Alpha Test. We have analyzed all the feedback and assigned tasks based on it. A lot of the feedback corresponded to what we were going to do based on our experience. Now it is time to prepare for the Beta Test, which (we hope) will launch in January 2021. There will be a lot of changes compared to Alpha - more content, improved Crusade mechanics, an additional chapter, functioning archetypes, and many more.

This update isn't about Beta, but what we will change based on the feedback from Stage 2 Alpha players. Though we won't miss another chance to tell you that there is now an option to upgrade your tier to include Beta Access! More players = more feedback = better game.

Oh man I can't wait for this baby. My most eagerly awaited game of 2021.

So far I have done a little alpha. Happy with it. Be glad when some updates come though. Think that is all that is safe to say really.

Owlcats shared insights regarding Kingmaker interface design on their website - it's a very detailed update and interesting to read :)

https://owlcatgames.com/news/60

@HiddenX; and @Silver;

Can one of you post this on news section, thanks! :)

A Retrospective Look at Character Sheet Interface Design

The year 2021 is fast approaching, which means that it has been almost four years since I joined Pathfinder: Kingmaker as a UI developer. During this time, the game has evolved from a small prototype with minimal functionality, into a huge, complex system. The game has gone through release, a year of active bug fixes and DLC support, and it’s been ported to console. Now that the development process for the game is complete, it’s time to go back and take a retrospective look at how the interfaces were designed and built.

I decided to start with what is, in my opinion, the main interface of the game: the character sheet.

Back
Top Bottom