Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Patch 1.0.7c

I'm on the sidelines, waiting for patches and occasionally poking my head into these... opinionated threads. I will say that, from the critiques I've heard, I'm kind of hoping that the mod author for the original Kingmaker Turn-Based mod comes back and updates not only his mod for the latest KM edition, but also creates a WotR version.

I'm always surprised how much influence Japan has in media and in games. I do not ever remember any kind of race being borrowed folklore from, let's say, Kenya or from Venezuela or from Nepal or from Egypt.
To me, that's a bias.

Egypt, absolutely. There's a "blessing of Bastet" in this very game.

The others, not so much. At least not that I can recall.

As of last night the turn based combat suddenly breaks and freezes up every time my cleric tries to cast the prayer spell. Not sure if it’s specific to the area I’m in or not. I’m debating if I should put the game aside for a bit and see if they fix it or just play around it.

I've cast Prayer 20+ times with no issues.

It’s s a quickened prayer through the arcane agility mythic feat, which could be causing a bug too. Before last night though I had done it many times as well with no problem. But it also happened right when I started the end if act 3 which could be it too. I’ll see if avoiding the spell helps.

That's right, Redglyph, I think he needs help here. Care to translate what he means with his last post? Seems he's been hurting for my attention.

Really? Just read your past posts in relationship with his, his point was rather clear IMO. :)

But let's drop the subject, it's not leading anywhere.

Get real, we are currently living in the facebook world where every idiot's opinion is added to the heap.
Visit any site with numbers users can put, on each and every single one there are numerous 10s and 0s (or 1s if 0 doesn't exist).
Doesn't have to be a gaming site, you saw numerous 10/10 for garbage movies on imdb where not a single one is at least close to masterpieces like Casablanca.

Honestly, I don't care about totals/averages on such sites.
Metacritic is one of those, as you wrote, "chanting imbeciles" sites.

The point is, these are not "most of the people". WotR sold over 250k copies in 2 weeks, metacritic user score is based on 160 ratings and half of them are zeroes, ones and tens. Hardly representative example of players in my eyes. And also in eyes of statistic as to get some worthy data, sampling has to be done properly, which is not a case. In this context its much more informative particular user reviews, where you can check on what basis the final score is given.

Really? Just read your past posts in relationship with his, his point was rather clear IMO. :)

But let's drop the subject, it's not leading anywhere.

Or maybe it is you that need help?

Does not feel to me like you want to drop it, when nobody was talking about it anymore and you brought it back.

I feel you think that because you and three other desperate WotR sympathisers upvote each other in threads that only ten people in the world see, it will make the fact that the game has a 7.7 score and it's just an above-average RPG go away.

Maybe for a moment, you feel you are "winning" something. Until you look out the window and see the real world anyway.

Anyway, I'll leave you at peace in Wonderland. Hopefully the next game will be a failure too, thanks to the lack of criticism that its fans give it. You well deserve it.

Last edited:
Or maybe it is you that need help?

Does not feel to me like you want to drop it, when nobody was talking about it anymore and you brought it back.

I feel you think that because you and three other desperate WotR sympathisers upvote each other in threads that only ten people in the world see, it will make the fact that the game has a 7.7 score and it's just an above-average RPG go away.

Maybe for a moment, you feel you are "winning" something. Until you look out the window and see the real world anyway.

Perhaps you should look out of window to see real world where you are not the only one without rose-tintet glasses, informed, unbiased and with spine. And that no one here cares about user score of WotR on MC.

A little offtopic, but I didn't know where to post this. I just caught some streamer playing WotR for some competition that Owlcat is apparently hosting, and I'm trying to figure if Owlcat have jumped the shark with this one?

I'm not familiar with the Pathfinder ruleset/world, aside from knowing it's similar to D&D. But what I saw really was a bit offputting. The streamer was stroling around in some sci-fi setting (I think he mentioneed it's related to Numenera? are the two settings connected?) with his huge party which consisted, besides the human characters, of a fox dude and a huge triceratops pet. I mean, wtf. Is this all appropriate for the Pathfinder setting? :lol:
That video must be part of the Last Azlanti Challenge, an event for streamers.

To add to what has been answered, the Kickstarter had a "new race out of three" stretch goal. They did a vote on this, the kitsune was one of the three races with ratfolk and catfolk, and it won the poll.

Here is the post presenting the kitsune.

I don't know how it came into Pathfinder, or whether it's Paizo or a 3rd-party.

Maybe it looks a bit off-putting without the context. But in those fantasy settings there's often a mix between the planes anyway, not even considering there are gods or mortals who accessed god status (like Iomedae, who's often mentioned in WotR), demons and other oddities. So the dinosaurs and the mad-scientist-looking areas are finally not that crazy. :lol:

Perhaps you should look out of window to see real world where you are not the only one without rose-tintet glasses, informed, unbiased and with spine. And that no one here cares about user score of WotR on MC.

Here is the thing. You have no clue of what you are talking about.

Did you know that studios give incentives to their employees based on the game's MC score? Did you know that projects are deemed success or failure, or worth funding by investors based on the MC score? Did you know that MC score is an universal ruler for both developers and clients in the gaming industry? Did you know that there ar real contracts that say "We will support your next project if this one reaches a XX Metascore"?

Of course you don't, because you talk from ignorance, on whatever feels that supports your biased point of view. This is why you choose to cherry pick the things that you want to hear, and the ones that you don't, well, nobody cares.

Sometimes it's best not to speak, than spurting uninformed nonsense just to whiteknight over a topic of your choice.

But don't worry, you'll get your petty upvotes from other people who don't have a clue soon to make you feel good about it.

Here is the thing. You have no clue of what you are talking about.

Did you know that studios give incentives to their employees based on the game's MC score? Did you know that projects are deemed success or failure, or worth funding by investors based on the MC score? Did you know that MC score is an universal ruler for both developers and clients in the gaming industry? Did you know that there ar real contracts that say "We will support your next project if this one reaches a XX Metascore"?

Of course you don't, because you talk from ignorance, on whatever feels that supports your biased point of view. This is why you choose to cherry pick the things that you want to hear, and the ones that you don't, well, nobody cares.

Sometimes it's best not to speak, than spurting uninformed nonsense just to whiteknight over a topic of your choice.

But don't worry, you'll get your petty upvotes from other people who don't have a clue soon to make you feel good about it.

Im here to discuss my hobby and I dont really consider it super important. You speak as if you are here to lecture or educate and your posts are full of fallacies just to make your point. At times like this it gets more then ridicullous.

@Nereida; I really don't see what you're on about this time, nor do I care anymore. You asked a question and I answered.

You seem to find any excuse to derail threads and bait people into arguments. Which is pointless if you can't read properly or if your logic is flawed.

Im here to discuss my hobby and I dont really consider it super important. You speak as if you are here to lecture or educate and your posts are full of fallacies just to make your point. At times like this it gets more then ridicullous.

If you are not willing to listen to people with different opinions then you are not here to discuss anything, just to attend the mass as the priest preaches to the chore.

I accept that you do not want to hear my incessant whining about the game's flaws, so you'll be happy to know that unless further provoked, I've decided to stop chiming into WotR topics. I don't gain anything through it, and most people in this site don't want to hear it anyway.

Oh, and nothing of what I say is a fallacy, at least, not willingly so. I may be mistaken at times, for I am also human, after all.

@Nereida; I really don't see what you're on about this time, nor do I care anymore. You asked a question and I answered.

You seem to find any excuse to derail threads and bait people into arguments. Which is pointless if you can't read properly or if your logic is flawed.

Well, you resurrected a minute banter from one day ago and one page ago when the topic was well back on course, just to have your little offtopic nip at me, so that's your fault, not mine.

You are a member of the staff, not me. You should be the one with a higher calling for keeping threads on topic. All you had to do is let it be as it was.

Well, you resurrected a minute banter from one day ago and one page ago when the topic was well back on course, just to have your little offtopic nip at me, so that's your fault, not mine.

You are a member of the staff, not me. You should be the one with a higher calling for keeping threads on topic. All you had to do is let it be as it was.
I'm not living in these forums, so I answer when I'm here.

And maybe the fact you get that sort of message from a staff member should be clue enough.

And yet here you are, keeping the offtopic going.

Maybe the fact that you keep derailing threads should be clue enough for you.

Oh, FFS. I hadn't read this thread. Let's knock it off.

Should I point out that there's been a more recent patch? Do we need a new thread? :)

Should I point out that there's been a more recent patch? Do we need a new thread? :)
Not one but 3-4 hotfixes of stuff they broke with 1.0.7. ;)
No reason for a new thread, besides 1.0.8 will be out in a few days.

Back
Top Bottom