WotR Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Tips & Tricks & Help

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
Camélia doesn't do any damage for me. How do you get her to do actual damage?

Sure she uses Cold Iron on her weapon ?

I'm curious - who deserves to die at least twice? ;)

Some people would have no choice but kill Greybor if:

You didn't have enough money to hire him. He demands a lot smaller sum now but he asked for ridiculous amount of money in beta, he was dubbed Scambor
You know already who, that doesn't need to be answered/spoiled. ;)

About the money, I've finished the game with 3 million in my pocket:
1. Never bought anything fancy, just a few very useful things like two bags of holding, but expenseson items never exceeded 50K
2. Never sold any named weapon/armor, sold however all +1…+5 vulgaris stuff
3. Never sold other equipment except lower than +5 natural armor rings and capes
4. Spent money on all available recruits in chapter 5 when you return to the base, that was one time investment but now I can't remember how much was that, definetly less than a million and I've never bought a single hellknight rubbish
5. Paid a few times for nonequipment stuff in demon city including 100K for info

Greybor IIRC asks you 25K.
I can't believe someone doesn't have that much on them or someone has a hard time to pay that sum with 3 million in their wallet.
Oh, they bought all the hellknights and are saving millions for more useless hellknights, right? :)
Okay, I assume the tiefling in the basement is Wolfgrim or whatever. Is that the new thief?
Yes and he's quite decent addition to the party initially, but sadly soon after I had no place to make him my team A member.
I love his story though.
I made Lann my party cleric because I too couldn't stand Sosiel. Lann is well equipped for it stat-wise, and he is decent with a bow with just the couple of Zen Archer levels

the dog/wolf can be as durable as a fully dedicated character main tank, while passively knocking down about every enemy they hit.
I can confirm Lann, on normal difficulty with autolevel and bow equipped, he is a killing machine.
Dog/wolf I have no idea, my "hero" had a jaguar who was tanking and knocking down trashmobs thus I didn't need Lann outside of autolevel.

Dunno why you couldn't stand Sosiel, he covered for heals and buffs in my party as I got rid of Seelah (because paladin) and Camellia was kicked out once I found out what she's doing in her spare time.
However, I have to say this. I really can't stand paladins, but Seelah has such a great story and her attitude is not the usual paladin pompous bitch. Why on earth she had to be a paladin? If it wasn't written on her character page, I'd never guess.
Maybe in another replay I'll keep her in the team A.
Camellia is decent, especially now that I found her a new rapier, she is very polyvalent.
She was my team A trap disarmer earlygame and was very good in frontlines.
Autolevel, remember, I kept the normal diff mostly (augmented demons are pretty much unbeatable on normal and autolevel companions).
But she has a terrible perception thus triggering a trap while going to disarm another one.
Luckily you will get a party member that has great perc and trickery while also being great in frontlines (hint: Desna worshipper).
Are you playing on normal difficulty and autolevel companions? If yes, recombine her equipment, in my case she was good. At least while I was keeping her…
Seelah with a mount is doing very well damage wise for me and remains very tanky too.
Oh you're not autolevel companions. Sorry, can't help there, too many variables in the equatation.

Camellia isn't great damage wise until the mid-game, I used her pretty much as Dazzling Display bot til about level 9 when she begins being pretty efficient with her weapon imbues and acceptable AB. Plus she has some very useful buffs to have, such as Barkskin or True Seeing (true seeing will ignore enemy concealment and even mirror images, making it one of the most important buffs to have the later you get into the game).

PS: Can't stand Sosiel because of his writing, not the skillset! I could have made him into something useful probably, though not a fan of clerics having to be too close to the melee, especially when not using a shield. I played TB Unfair too, which means that if you're in melee and you don't have absurdly minmaxed AC/concealment/mirror images, everything will kill you in one attack sequence.

PS: Can't stand Sosiel because of his writing, not the skillset!
Okay I get you.
I didn't have a problem with his brother complex actually, but googling now and apparently you can actually save his brother?! WTF?
Just don't tell me you need to pick a certain (boring angel or demon) myth path for that.
Woljif ;)

He's interesting and able, and there's a specific companion quest right after you free him, which should make you discover something very valuable. Take him without hesitation! :)
+1

A few I've missed to add to…
Speaking of stances, one that is very important is "Fighting Defensively". Consider investing 3 points on Mobility for your main tank to trade -4AB for +3AC while this is active. This is especially useful early in the game when you have no good items and spells, and later too, in higher difficulty settings. Without it, any group of enemies will eat through your frontline in no time.
A fantastic tip, dpeneds who your main tank is though. ;)
Coup de Grace.
Not sure if I posted this.
CDG works on downed trashmobs that regenerate. You don't have to care about vulnerabilities, just use coup the grace on the "unkillable" treant and he's goner. ;)
A little trick, though I suppose it's obvious.

There are skill checks required for the different phases of the game, like the conflicting checks we had in Kingmaker's kingdom management. Don't let it bug your character's evolution by spending skills when you can rely on gear and buffs.

For example, I'm really going to have some issues with the Lore (Religion) checks when resting, to keep the corruption away with Protective Rituals. No-one of my party is really good with it, Nenio has the max with +8.

A Headband of Wisdom gives the necessary boost, if she puts it on before resting. If not, maybe a potion of Owl's Wisdom (haven't tried this one).
Noone mentioned something, so I will.
1. Resting on the world map is not as dangerous as in actual areas (lower skillchecks)
2. Do the hidden sidequests the trader gives. While the first reward is crusade diplomacy boost or cash, the second reward will be a figurine that once per day (basically per rest) lowers your corruption.
A tip that would help all of those who either struggle or like me don't care for the army management section of the game and feel it just gets in the way, there is a way to be done with it with minimum effort/resources spent, that is picking the female elf ranger general - not only she is perfect for going heavy on ranged units, she also comes off the bat with two of the strongest abilities, Cure Wounds and Master of Maneuver.
+1
She was my secondary general. And on level up or two she gets the overpowered stun trashmob stack for two turns.
Her only problem earlygame is gargoyles, but as a main general she's still fantastic pick.
* pay attention to spell penetration and greater/mythic spell penetration- every *$%!!! demon has SR, and for some (and dragons) it's insanely high. I auto-leveled all characters (initially) except my PC (magus), and the auto-leveler didn't seem to pay much attention to this….this is super important to those focusing on combat spells.
I did autolevel too.
The problem is not the default autolevel but those trashmobs with insane resistances do not really belong to normal diff.
Sadly, I don't expect this to change thus I'll now put on this suggestion:
+1

I saw also a video link in this thread on custom leveling of companions, sadly I don't have time for videos.
Would love to see written builds though.

Camellia isn't great damage wise until the mid-game, I used her pretty much as Dazzling Display bot til about level 9 when she begins being pretty efficient with her weapon imbues and acceptable AB. Plus she has some very useful buffs to have, such as Barkskin or True Seeing (true seeing will ignore enemy concealment and even mirror images, making it one of the most important buffs to have the later you get into the game).

PS: Can't stand Sosiel because of his writing, not the skillset! I could have made him into something useful probably, though not a fan of clerics having to be too close to the melee, especially when not using a shield. I played TB Unfair too, which means that if you're in melee and you don't have absurdly minmaxed AC/concealment/mirror images, everything will kill you in one attack sequence.

Thanks. I've still not understood Dazzling Display what does it do exactly ?

Yeah, but her damage is 1d6 or something and others do tens of damage. Lann does 15 damage per hit and hits 3 times. Woljif hits like a truck when sneak attacking.

Are you using her weapon enhancement ability? That's key to get her damage output up - of course, against demons the 1d6 elec/fire/acid etc is somewhat limited…)…she started shining when I found a +2 holy rapier (so that + 2d6 against evil) and rapier crits 18-20 and she can make it keen, so it goes even better…and it does x3 on a crit. She lands quite a few of those. If you autolevel her she eventually gets paranha strike which trades to hit for damage, like power attack, but for dex. That makes a world of difference. And there's a series of mythic upgrades that also help her dex based damage output…I just clicked yes yes yes when I levelled her :)

@joxer; - I love coup de grace - never used it in PF:K, but now I take great pleasure in having characters use it (shockingly, I have had some very poweful enemies survive on their fortitude save, even when Seelah landed a very damagaing CDG attack...wow). I am playing in TB mode, so have to line people up for a full round action, but worth it.

Are you using her weapon enhancement ability? That's key to get her damage output up - of course, against demons the 1d6 elec/fire/acid etc is somewhat limited…)…she started shining when I found a +2 holy rapier (so that + 2d6 against evil) and rapier crits 18-20 and she can make it keen, so it goes even better…and it does x3 on a crit. She lands quite a few of those. If you autolevel her she eventually gets paranha strike which trades to hit for damage, like power attack, but for dex. That makes a world of difference. And there's a series of mythic upgrades that also help her dex based damage output…I just clicked yes yes yes when I levelled her :)

I thought I did, but she can only use those things five times, so I don't use it often. I'll read the ability again. Maybe I need to find a rapier.

Greybor IIRC asks you 25K.
I can't believe someone doesn't have that much on them or someone has a hard time to pay that sum with 3 million in their wallet.
Oh, they bought all the hellknights and are saving millions for more useless hellknights, right? :)
If you don't pay him, he'll blackmail you before you enter the sanctum in chapter 3, at which point you either have to pay or he'll kill you.

I could afford it, but anyone trying that stunt is dead.

I really don't geddit.
You do not have to hire him in the first place at all.
But you hired him and expected what, that his hardware and software will remain for free?
Same as with one of initial companions, powerhungry since the beginning. What do you expect will happen if (and when) the power is offered?

As Greybor was alive and kicking later in my game when the question about paid job vs unpaid job was asked, guess what I, okay my "hero", answered.

Then again, I did choose love and rock&roll Azata path. And I bet halucinogens included too.
If I had picked Lich path and almost did, probably would have reacted like you. :)

Okay, I assume the tiefling in the basement is Wolfgrim or whatever. Is that the new thief? Can I drop the cleric with the psycho battle cries and maybe make Lann a Fighter/Cleric hybrid of some type? I'm not sure the tiefling will be a long term answer either though. I want all good-aligned characters in my play through. I thought about dropping everyone and just taking mercenaries that don't carry blah-blah baggage, but I'm trying to keep a core of companions this time.

Woljif :p he is in my A team but be aware:

He runs off from mid-late chapter 2 to early chapter 3 due to story reason

You will soon get more companions soon but I don't know if you'd be happy with them since there are many evil aligned companions. You could use Ember (NG witch) as a healer if you don't like Daeran (NE oracle). You will get Sosiel in chapter 3 and he is a NG cleric.

She is excellent with her rapier - in my party she was a primary melee damage dealer until chapter3. Make sure you use her shaman buffs that came with her (like enhancenent weapons etc).

If you don't pay him, he'll blackmail you before you enter the sanctum in chapter 3, at which point you either have to pay or he'll kill you.

I could afford it, but anyone trying that stunt is dead.

I can't believe some of you didn't give him a chance lol.

I mean, I'm not his fan either but I always try to give each companion a chance to change my view of them.

Thanks. I've still not understood Dazzling Display what does it do exactly ?

You do an AoE persuasion check as a standard action. Every success gives that enemy the "Shaken" condition. This gives a 2 point penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks, which is already huge as an AoE ability, but also has great synergy with feats like "Shatter Defenses" (makes enemies with the "Shaken" condition be treated as flat-footed, massively reducing their AC in most cases).

This all is probably not worth caring about in easier difficulties or too much overhead to keep track of in RTwP. But in Hard/Unfair difficulty TB combat it's pretty big!

I really don't geddit.
You do not have to hire him in the first place at all.
But you hired him and expected what, that his hardware and software will remain for free?
Same as with one of initial companions, powerhungry since the beginning. What do you expect will happen if (and when) the power is offered?

As Greybor was alive and kicking later in my game when the question about paid job vs unpaid job was asked, guess what I, okay my "hero", answered.

Then again, I did choose love and rock&roll Azata path. And I bet halucinogens included too.
If I had picked Lich path and almost did, probably would have reacted like you. :)
Actually, here's how it plays out for people who killed him:
1. You hire him for the dragon quest. This is mandatory. Only costs a few thousand.
2. After the dragon quest, he offers to join you for decent amount of money.
3. If you turn that down, he will appear a bit later and say that he has been hired to kill you, unless you now hire him for 25.000.

So no, I didn't expect anything. I paid him for the dragon quest and then we went our separate ways. Then he turns up because he accepted a contracted to kill me. He should have known better.

I can't believe some of you didn't give him a chance lol.

I mean, I'm not his fan either but I always try to give each companion a chance to change my view of them.
My character is lawful good. If anyone says "pay me 25.000 or I'll kill you", they're dead. Simple as that.

My character is lawful good. If anyone says "pay me 25.000 or I'll kill you", they're dead. Simple as that.
Yep me as well. Now imagine what you find out about Camellia.

Some people by their actions don't deserve a second chance.:)

You do an AoE persuasion check as a standard action. Every success gives that enemy the "Shaken" condition. This gives a 2 point penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks, which is already huge as an AoE ability, but also has great synergy with feats like "Shatter Defenses" (makes enemies with the "Shaken" condition be treated as flat-footed, massively reducing their AC in most cases).

This all is probably not worth caring about in easier difficulties or too much overhead to keep track of in RTwP. But in Hard/Unfair difficulty TB combat it's pretty big!

I was playing on Core but since the TB combat was bugged I moved it down a bit.

Thanks for the explanation.

Some people by their actions don't deserve a second chance.:)

Oh, I had no issues ganking Camellia - but I only did so in chapter5 after the big reveal

Back
Top Bottom