WotR Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Tips & Tricks & Help

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
It was miss-able for sure. It was an encounter in a room behind a specially locked door. As I recall, the treasure wasn't particularly interesting, either.

That's what I read when I googled it. I don't recall any significant combat when I was there, only a struggle to decide what to do about the book, so I must have missed a key or it was for later in the gameplay. No regret, seeing how nasty it looks. :LOL:

Were you able to complete this part?

Were you able to complete this part?
Oh yes! I'm in Wintersun now.

I'm starting to lose steam, though. Armor seems almost useless once I got up to level 10 or so. Even with great armor and a strong shield, the trash mobs need only a 12 to hit and many only need a 5. It's becoming a game of "send whoever has Last Stand up for a beating then rest once there's nobody left."

Oh yes! I'm in Wintersun now.

I'm starting to lose steam, though. Armor seems almost useless once I got up to level 10 or so. Even with great armor and a strong shield, the trash mobs need only a 12 to hit and many only need a 5. It's becoming a game of "send whoever has Last Stand up for a beating then rest once there's nobody left."
What difficulty are you playing on ?
I didn't find trash mobs to ever be a problem.

Custom - I started with Core but added the ability to respec and took away the extra enemies.

I'm not getting destroyed by the trash mobs most of the time, unless they decide to fixate on my sorc. main. (A bear and a tiger-thing can rip down every mirror image then slaughter her before anyone else can get a turn!)

When things are going well, enemies will mostly focus on my paladin. It really doesn't take them terribly long to rip her down to her Last Stand mythic, but it doesn't take us terribly long to shoot them apart, either - most of the time. If there are just too many of them, though, or if they get a couple of lucky crits, the paladin has to blow her Last Stand. Against bigger enemies, it's practically guaranteed that she'll need it unless I get a lucky crit. So, I either need to try and get the enemies attacking Lann or Woljf (both of them also have Last Stand), or rest when I see bigger enemies coming.

Maybe that's just how it's supposed to be? I also haven't ever gotten close to worrying about abyssal corruption, so maybe I'm supposed to be resting more than I have been now that the levels have gotten higher.

Phew, I thought I might be doomed for a bit there.

I was nearing the end of a dungeon and crossed a narrow section into an opening when a bunch of demons waltzed in with a cutscene. All well and good - I can deal with quite a few demons now. Except, as part of the cutscene, it stuck everyone together in party order instead of marching order. That put my glass cannon of a sorcerer up front! Thankfully, she did have Mirror Image going, but she never does too well with initiative rolls, and the demons all went right after her. Each one takes down a mirror image (or does damage). Then it's her turn and...

How can I possibly survive - OH!  The 5 step silliness.jpg
...running is REALLY not going to work. If they get another turn on her, she's dead meat and I have to re-load. I did re-load a few times, hoping for better initiative, but it never worked.

Then I remembered the 5-step thing. If I first fire off that chain lightning, then I can take 5 steps with NO opportunity strikes! That's far enough to get her out of their clutches so they would rather attack the (better defended) characters that are still next to them. It worked!

(Though I really wish they had just stuck us in our marching order while the cutscene played. Then I wouldn't have needed to remember these funky little rules to survive.)

Replaying this on the demon path and romancing Wenduag, was checking her romance guide and saw something very interesting; the voice actress is Nyrissa from Kingmaker and also the narrator from Baldur's Gate 3; did not played much BG3 so no idea if she has many lines.

Finished my replay as demon and nailed the ascension ending :D, looking at the stats just 11% finished the game lol

1.jpg

Hi everyone!:]

A community manager from Owlcats is here. Just wanted to say that if you ever feel like asking a question about our games, I'll be happy to answer. Or if you have any kind of feedback, or just want to tell a story from your latest playthrough - this is cool too.

Hi everyone!:]

A community manager from Owlcats is here. Just wanted to say that if you ever feel like asking a question about our games, I'll be happy to answer. Or if you have any kind of feedback, or just want to tell a story from your latest playthrough - this is cool too.
Good to see Owlcat devs here :) Also a big fan of Owlcat's Pathfinder games!

Have we got a rough idea when the next DLC will hit? :D

It'll be sooner than later, stay tuned for the news :) Our team has some very intriguing stories to tell, I think you'll not be disappointed in the next DLCs.

Seems offical game forums everywhere are being shutdown for Discord or soicial media.

Well, there were spikes of activity on releases or during alpha/beta phases, but otherwise it was very quiet.

On the other hand, that was the only place where guides, tips and other permanent information could be hosted. It's possible to post in the Steam "forums" too, in theory, but it's not as convenient. As for Discord, it's chat-focused (I call that "post and forget"), so quite cumbersome for thread discussions and permanent information.

Back
Top Bottom