Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Update 1.1.1i

Redglyph

SasqWatch
Owlcat Games has released a new patch Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Please mind the known issues below.

Update 1.1.1i

Hello Crusaders!

We are back from a lockdown and a state holiday with more fixes for your bugs! Good news for our macOS players - we've finally defeated that tent issue that's been causing us all so many problems. We also fixed the issue with crossblooded sorcerers and many more.

We also found out that some people still play the beta version of 1.1 patch - please opt out of it to update your game!

Please read the patch notes, but beware of possible plot spoilers below!

Known issues in this version (we will fix them in the next hot-fix):

• There's a bug with the platform in the Mage's Tower in chapter 4, and it's not moving as it should;
  • The filter of items doesn't work in the loot interface.
[...]
More information.

The details are below:

Quests
  • If Seelah was dead at the start of the chapter 4, she sometimes forgot to give her personal quest in chapter 5 – fixed;
  • Sosiel quest - "A Farewell" can be finished now;
  • Sometimes Camellia refused to leave Drezen even after the player character had excluded her from the companions. We explained to her the common courtesy rules, and now she'll leave when she has to;
  • Fixed Lann's dialogue - now female characters have one more option to start a romance with him;
  • During the romance with Lann the event with the letter didn't start, even if all conditions were met - fixed;
  • Sometimes the fates of Galfrey or Irabeth would register incorrectly (and the game could consider them dead when they were alive) - fixed;
  • Camellia won't try to attack the commander in the epilogue anymore, if you completed her whole quest chain;
  • Seelah's final quest could result in two mutually exclusive outcomes - fixed;
  • Fixed the inability to complete Sosie's "A Farewell" quest;
  • Irabeth used to forget to take her sword and give a reward for it - fixed;
  • If Seelah was dead during your transition into chapter 4, she could forget to give her quest in chapter 5 - fixed;
  • In the epilogue Nenio will no longer try to return and give the Commander her notes if the Commander didn't survive (she's so terribly forgetful!);
  • Fixed an error which didn't allow to complete the objectives for The Secrets of Creation (if you haven't completed all the 4 puzzles yet, you need to enter the location, where you've solved the puzzle; if you have solved all 4 of them, the objectives will complete automatically).

Areas
  • Fixed Arueshalae's event in Alushinyrra Lower City;
  • Sometimes during the siege of Dresen it was impossible to pass through the gate - fixed. You shall pass now;
  • Trever was missing from the camp near Threshold - fixed;
  • Lich's Skeletal Companion wasn't under his master's control during the fight for Drezen - fixed;
  • Interaction and transfer icons on some objects (like portals) sometimes didn't show in Alushinyrra - fixed.

Crusade
  • Game no longer crashes in crusade battles when the player attacks Mariliths;
  • Fixed the issue when some companions participated in the council meetings from the blackness;
  • If you start moving the army on the global map and switched to the party, the sound of the army chip moving continued playing- fixed;
  • Return Shooting now works according to description;
  • Magnificent Fencing now works according to description.

Classes & Mechanics
  • Lilithu demons had 8 claw attacks instead of 4 - fixed;
  • Return Shooting now works according to description;
  • Magnificent Fencing now works according to description;
  • Constitution bleed can now be removed from fully healed character;
  • Halaseliax when on your side dealt damage to the player – fixed;
  • Sometimes Swarm-that-Walks could only summon one clone, despite its size allowing to have more - fixed, but it's required to devour someone first;
  • Constitution bleed can now be removed even from a fully healed character;
  • Quarry did not work right when multiple characters in party used it against the same target - fixed;
  • Demon gained a Major Demonic Aspect at wrong levels. Fixed, but requires retraining to work correctly;
  • Demon now gets Demonkind on the 5th mythic rank, not on 7.

Turn-based mode
  • Combat could get stuck if the mount was sickened, while rider was not and attempted an attack that required movement - fixed;
  • Added another check to prevent Charge ability from being used if mount doesn't have enough actions;
  • Mounts did not react correctly to noticing hidden objects while moving in turn-based mode - fixed;
  • Charge ability could fail if used to initiate turn-based combat - fixed;
  • In turn-based mode if the mounted animal companion didn't have the line of sight on the target, its movement could be interrupted, and its turn could get stuck - fixed;
  • Fixed various problems with the Prediction bar for the mounts;
  • Mounts would attempt a full attack even if they couldn't deliver it, but their rider could - fixed.

Items
  • Bracers Stormlord's Resolve could lead to a situation when the wearer became immune to all wearer's spells – fixed;
  • Fixed the issue with the game freezing when using Sickle of Wicked Rites.

UI
  • No blood on wounded characters – fixed;
  • AOE spells showed wrong affected area – fixed;
  • Characters having wrong texture when changing equipment – fixed;
  • It was impossible to interact with some chests - fixed;
  • Improved the mod window;
  • Fixed the visual for targeting the spells which aim as a direct line;
  • It was impossible to create a Crossblooded Sorcerer - fixed;
  • In the inventory, the quill icon on the scrolls the characters could study wouldn't update when switching to another character - fixed;
  • Map view in the crusade mode was cluttered by the names of all the locations - fixed;
  • Cone attacks no longer hit the targets they were not supposed to hit;
  • Bug report window now offers and option to log keyboard input, for those who experience issues with the keyboard.

Misс
  • Issues with the game’s icon – fixed;
  • Fixed the dialogue with the Hand of the Inheritor concerning Xorges;
  • Some attacks with the left hand looked strange - fixed;
  • Fixed the issue with inability to pause the game;
  • We disabled the selection of the mount when it has a rider on. Now clicking on the mount will select the rider, and the mounted animal can only be selected via its portrait. This is done to avoid selecting mounts by accident;
  • Fixed the issues which triggered some crashes on macOS;
  • macOS: Improved the loading of tent interior in chapter 2;
  • Sound banks amount could hit the limit in Alushinyrra - fixed;
  • Animal companions now help scouting for new locations on the global map;
  • Improved the performance after battles;
  • Fixed some cases of characters having wrong texture when changing equipment;
  • Some dead creatures were falling down again upon loading a save, forced to relive their agony over and over again - fixed and put them to rest.

Still playing it. 165 hours in and still working my way through first playthrough. I suppose that I sink lots of time in the TB combat. It is not easy and many encounters require change of approach to beat it. Not rinse and repeat experience to me. I suppose many watchers, especially those who prefer RtWP would consider my Pathfinder experience tedious, but I like it this way.

One thing I dont appreciate so much is Crusade Management. It seems more shallow in comparison to Kingdom Management in Kingmaker, which makes it almost needless in my eyes. The army encounters have potential, but its again too shallow to be really fun for me. My guess is that Owlcat tried to make some compromise in attempt to make it less annoying for those who didnt like Kingdom Management in first Pathfinder. That would be fail in my book as trying to please everybody always ends bad.

Anyway, great, great game overall, and GOTY for sure.

Is turned-based combat pretty much fixed? I will be starting Pathfinder soon and will do the bigger fights in TB.

One thing I dont appreciate so much is Crusade Management. It seems more shallow in comparison to Kingdom Management in Kingmaker, which makes it almost needless in my eyes. The army encounters have potential, but its again too shallow to be really fun for me. My guess is that Owlcat tried to make some compromise in attempt to make it less annoying for those who didnt like Kingdom Management in first Pathfinder. That would be fail in my book as trying to please everybody always ends bad.

I prefer de Crusade than the kingdom management, maybe because I'm a fan of HoM&M games. But I think that if the game didn't have that management aspect, it would be better. It's busy work for an already big game. I confess that I didn't build anything. Just buy the troops and do the squirmishes, with one single heroe that has all my best and numerous troops. I'm playing on Normal, so maybe that's not possible with higher difficulty settings.

I'm stuck on Act 5, it's been a couple of weeks without touching the game. I think it's time to lower the difficulty to easy and do these 2 long and annoying battles that took my will to keep playing.

Still playing it. 165 hours in and still working my way through first playthrough. I suppose that I sink lots of time in the TB combat. It is not easy and many encounters require change of approach to beat it. Not rinse and repeat experience to me. I suppose many watchers, especially those who prefer RtWP would consider my Pathfinder experience tedious, but I like it this way.
Yes, same for me.

Yes.

Yes!

Is turned-based combat pretty much fixed? I will be starting Pathfinder soon and will do the bigger fights in TB.
I'm playing almost only TB and don't have serious issues. However I don't use mounts. Afaik there have been great problems with mounted TB combat and I have no idea if they have been fixed yet.

I'm playing almost only TB and don't have serious issues. However I don't use mounts. Afaik there have been great problems with mounted TB combat and I have no idea if they have been fixed yet.

My main char is a mounted cavalier and turn based seems to be mostly working fine now. Much better than what it used to be a couple of patch ago. I still get some bugs, once in a while, but it's more a minor annoyance than game-breaking.

Interesting - I actually enjoyed crusade management (I certainly liked it much more than kingdom management) but not crusade combats. I think its fair to say tho, general reception of crusade management/combat is quite mixed - not that its terrible but it does stick out like a sore thumb compared to rest of the game which is fantastic.

Definitely GOTY for me as well - in fact, a solid 2nd fav game of all time for me ;)

Interesting - I actually enjoyed crusade management (I certainly liked it much more than kingdom management) but not crusade combats. I think its fair to say tho, general reception of crusade management/combat is quite mixed - not that its terrible but it does stick out like a sore thumb compared to rest of the game which is fantastic.

Definitely GOTY for me as well - in fact, a solid 2nd fav game of all time for me ;)

I certainly appreciate crusade management from roleplaying point of view. I think it was @wolfgrimdark; who mentioned this in other WotR thread and I agree it helps to create this feeling of being commander of crusade.

But from gameplay point of view I didnt notice any significant impact (perhaps it will happen later as I didnt yet leave act 3). Kingdom management in first Pathfinder made me to make decisions by prioritising some tasks and at least several times it led to different outcomes, based on the choices. I know people didnt like how it was hard or impossible to take back such unwanted outcome. But for me, that gave the Kingdom Management purpose, because it had impact on how game story developed. Didnt notice such outcomes in Crusade management. So far, choices are providing some bonuses in crusade battles mostly or providing some equipment, nothing else really.

I certainly appreciate crusade management from roleplaying point of view. I think it was @wolfgrimdark; who mentioned this in other WotR thread and I agree it helps to create this feeling of being commander of crusade.

But from gameplay point of view I didnt notice any significant impact (perhaps it will happen later as I didnt yet leave act 3). Kingdom management in first Pathfinder made me to make decisions by prioritising some tasks and at least several times it led to different outcomes, based on the choices. I know people didnt like how it was hard or impossible to take back such unwanted outcome. But for me, that gave the Kingdom Management purpose, because it had impact on how game story developed. Didnt notice such outcomes in Crusade management. So far, choices are providing some bonuses in crusade battles mostly or providing some equipment, nothing else really.

IIRC, crusade management doesn't impact the story other than the ending slides but it has huge impact on crusade combat which is also a significant part of the game. I guess we all had different expectations from crusade management/combat :)

I certainly agree that the game would be better without the strategic layer but I feel the one in WOTR has more impact than the one we had in Kingmaker. At least, you usually know the impact of what you decide.

IMO the crusade system is more integrated to the game in WotR than the kingdom management was in Kingmaker.

The crusade directly controls armies that open the path for the party, and the other way round, and they do that on the same map. The theme is the same, the mechanics are quite similar (though badly presented with an unfinished system).

Kingmaker had some projects related to the progression: the research events to boost the stats, and the towns / villages appeared on the party map after being chosen. Then the quest was regularly blocked by the progression of the kingdom management, but that's about it. Characters needed abilities in the KM that were incompatible with their role in the party, modifications made to the towns & villages were not visible by the party, and most of the events & projects of the KM were barely linked to the party's world.

I think they were on their way to show a lot of improvements in that "meta-game" part like in other areas, but not taking the time to do it properly ruined the effort.

IMO the crusade system is more integrated to the game in WotR than the kingdom management was in Kingmaker.

The crusade directly controls armies that open the path for the party, and the other way round, and they do that on the same map. The theme is the same, the mechanics are quite similar (though badly presented with an unfinished system).

Kingmaker had some projects related to the progression: the research events to boost the stats, and the towns / villages appeared on the party map after being chosen. Then the quest was regularly blocked by the progression of the kingdom management, but that's about it. Characters needed abilities in the KM that were incompatible with their role in the party, modifications made to the towns & villages were not visible by the party, and most of the events & projects of the KM were barely linked to the party's world.

I think they were on their way to show a lot of improvements in that "meta-game" part like in other areas, but not taking the time to do it properly ruined the effort.

If crusade management was deleted it would have zero influence on party adventure part of the game (with exception of artificial road blocks) and on the story unfolding. There are no story events triggered by the management decisions. At least I didnt notice any, so far.

Kingdom Management was different and some events were connected to decisions made in Kingdom Management. Im not going into discussion how well it was implemented or not, because it was far from perfect, but this basic concept difference is important for me and makes crusader management expendable in my eyes.

If crusade management was deleted it would have zero influence on party adventure part of the game (with exception of artificial road blocks) and on the story unfolding. There are no story events triggered by the management decisions. At least I didnt notice any, so far.

Kingdom Management was different and some events were connected to decisions made in Kingdom Management. Im not going into discussion how well it was implemented or not, because it was far from perfect, but this basic concept difference is important for me and makes crusader management expendable in my eyes.
I see what you mean, although the implementation matters to me since that's how I have to play. I'm not talking only about tuning, which is a problem in either case, but how it's designed.

Besides, the management level could be removed from either game without impacting the story and the main quest, not only Wrath of the Righteous. That's why both have an automatic mode.

What I meant by integration is that the link in Kingmaker seems completely artificial.

- Once the player reaches some checkpoint, a project is created to do some lengthy research on what happened, and this may result in a buff but only active if the party is anywhere within the current kingdom's borders. Why not, but it's far-fetched, especially given the advisors' attribute requirements. I prefer the way Wrath of the Righteous gives an item captured from the demons once their army has been defeated.

- The worst in Kingmaker are the events that block the progression of the main quest, often regarding independent matters. Like for ex. the disappearance of a Varnhold family member (announced by a letter) which is programmed n days after the repetitive "An Ancient Curse" event, itself blocked by another event IIC. It's completely random, to the point many players never understood why the related Act and its quest wouldn't start. In Wrath of the Righteous, it's "limited" to the map exploration but at least it makes more sense to me.

I do prefer the idea of Kingmaker's projects and events because they are story-oriented. It's just that with the current design, they feel so disconnected from the exploration and quest experience, with only some rare exceptions (like people bursting into monsters), that it feels like another mini-game.

I see what you mean, although the implementation matters to me since that's how I have to play. I'm not talking only about tuning, which is a problem in either case, but how it's designed.

Besides, the management level could be removed from either game without impacting the story and the main quest, not only Wrath of the Righteous. That's why both have an automatic mode.

What I meant by integration is that the link in Kingmaker seems completely artificial.

- Once the player reaches some checkpoint, a project is created to do some lengthy research on what happened, and this may result in a buff but only active if the party is anywhere within the current kingdom's borders. Why not, but it's far-fetched, especially given the advisors' attribute requirements. I prefer the way Wrath of the Righteous gives an item captured from the demons once their army has been defeated.

- The worst in Kingmaker are the events that block the progression of the main quest, often regarding independent matters. Like for ex. the disappearance of a Varnhold family member (announced by a letter) which is programmed n days after the repetitive "An Ancient Curse" event, itself blocked by another event IIC. It's completely random, to the point many players never understood why the related Act and its quest wouldn't start. In Wrath of the Righteous, it's "limited" to the map exploration but at least it makes more sense to me.

I do prefer the idea of Kingmaker's projects and events because they are story-oriented. It's just that with the current design, they feel so disconnected from the exploration and quest experience, with only some rare exceptions (like people bursting into monsters), that it feels like another mini-game.

I doo agree that implementation of Kingdom Management was flawed, but the basic concept was more ambitious and, even with the flaws I kinda liked it and didnt feel all the time as if its there just for atmosphere setting. Which happens to me with Crusade management. On the other side, I value when developer is able to adjust ambitions according to its capacities. Perhaps thats what happened here, which would make it more understandable.

I doo agree that implementation of Kingdom Management was flawed, but the basic concept was more ambitious and, even with the flaws I kinda liked it and didnt feel all the time as if its there just for atmosphere setting. Which happens to me with Crusade management. On the other side, I value when developer is able to adjust ambitions according to its capacities. Perhaps thats what happened here, which would make it more understandable.
It was more ambitious, I think the crusade combats was supposed to replace that part, while keeping the cards but reducing their impact. But the result is not really convincing. Well, to be honest it's as much a problem of design than its implementation.

I'm wondering what lessons they'll learn from this, and what they'll come up with next time.

I don't dislike those systems, they're a nice distraction and provide another point of view. But after a while I start to find them annoying sometimes, because of their shortcomings.

Back
Top Bottom