Personal things you don't need to know

When you get old and gray, it's not only about your hair and beard, and occasionally you skin. The lens in the eye also tend to turn shady.

Today the wife had her first lens removal/replacement operation, on her right eye. The wrong eye is up next in about 14 days. So far everything is fine, but it surely takes its toll, as I now have to apply eye drops on said eye 4 times a day for the next 4 weeks. :)

BTW, she's fine too.

pibbuR

Safe recovery! :)

It's probably a little scarier than having one's hair cut, though it's always relative to the respective amount of hair and eyes.

The only remotely close operation I had was PRK, and more precisely the method that doesn't slice a flap to expose the lens but the method that removes the corneal epithelium. It regenerates in a few days, during which you don't see much even at nose's length, and it hurts like hell. I don't think there's that sort of option for the lens replacement operation fortunately, because it's not an experience I'd recommend.

Few things are scarier than haircuts. There are of course those ominous looking devices of torture for mowing the lower parts of ( the front of) the head.

pibbuR who fortunately has managed to avoid those procedures for years.

The old fashioned shaving razor scares me more then the haircut. One wrong move and your throat is cut very badly. Like those old barber shop horror movies.

Razor.jpg

So does anyone know a good attorney so I can break my lease early?

As my bathroom is a mess with water leaks, and a faulty toilet. The third rate maintenance company my lease office uses to repair buildings can't fix shit. The leaks come back.

They put a new pipe in three months ago and that didn't stop them. My toilet needs re-caulking every three months, and now it's tipping over every time my family sit on it.

Sorrry, no appropriate lawyers here. I have a mate that sometimes checks my strongly-worded letters before I send them, but none of us would have a clue about those matters in the US.

Sorry to hear you haven't found a decent place, after the fire.

Things I don't want to do (The mountain is Svolværgeita (aka Goat's horn), in Lofoten@Norway.):
No!

Another thing (The site is Prekestolen (Pulpit Rock), 600 m high.):'
7-2.jpg

pibbuR who has been there, looking down. While lying flat on the rock, and eyes barely over the edge. Yeeechy!!!

Last edited:
darwin.jpg

I'm in a spot of trouble situation at the moment. Some time ago I bought a charging cable for my MS Surface pad. Microsoft doesn't sell those things. All their charging cables are firmly connected to a charging unit. This is a 3rd party product, enabling charging using any type of charger, which I find very useful.

Then I (unwisely) let the wife borrow it while visiting my oldest. And when she came back, and I wanted it back, she couldn't find it, for which I'm entitled to explicitely blame her. But the thing is, from experience I cannot be entirely sure that she didn't (unlikely, but not impossible) bring it to my den, and I have placed it ... somewhere (at an unspecified) place. So there is a (minor, but non zero) chance that I may find it there. Which means that any previous hostile action from me now will result in even more (unjustified, but inevitable) hostile reactions from her.

Life is hard.

pibbuR who has learned his lessons.

She found it. Which is sort of good. Sort of. Because now I have no (rational) excuse to be angry at her.

Life is hard.

pibbuR who unfortunately has learned his lessons.

Sometimes sitting insider your cozy, warm den is especially nice. Like now when I'm watching yesterday's episode of Giro d'Italia, affected by cold, windy and very wet weather.

pibbuR who still quite often likes to be outside during conditions like this. Preferably under a hurricane-certified umbrella .

Wiener schnitzel, rice and salad is one of my staple meals, almost perfect especially if you have some fruit for dessert. Sometimes I'll sub in sauerkraut.

I was eating Wiener Schnitzel several times when I was young.

Yesterday night, a platoon of ants made an incursion into our house.

It's not exceptional to have a few small guests since we're living in a wooded area on the outskirts of a small city. When it's cold, they try to get in. When it's hot, they try to get in. When there's been a drought for several weeks, they try to get in.

What was remarkable, however, was how they went in straight lines, diagonally from their little infiltration tunnel at the bottom of the door, through the entrance hall, across a small connecting hallway (it's an old house) and to the kitchen. When I spotted them, they had already dispatched in a few strategic directions: the bin near the door, the breadbox diagonally across the room, and up the door frame to... nothingness - maybe a glitch or a diversion.

Fortunately, they hadn't had the time to do anything nasty yet, and overcoming them wasn't too hard.

I'm amazed how they could go straight to the interesting part of the house without losing anyone on the way and without having to follow the walls. They hadn't found anything to eat and bring back yet, so it's not as if they had hours to go back and forth and optimize their path. Something must have leaked - is there a mole? Weird.🐜

Back
Top Bottom