Pillars of Eternity II - No Longer Coming to Switch

Whenever someone talks about how great Fire Emblem, Fallout 4, DA:I, Assassins Creed etc I just make a mental note to never trust a recommendation from that person ever again :) Meanwhile if they like the Goldbox games, Ultimas, Gothics, Wiz/M&M then I also take note of what they are playing, because even if it is a new game if someone with similar tastes to me likes it then I might too.

So what do you do with somebody like me? I played most of the Goldbox games, every Ultima from IV onward, Gothic 2, several Wizardry games, and several Might and Magic games. I also played multiple Fire Emblems, Fallout 4, DA:I and like 10 Assassin Creed games.

Making this sort of distinction is arbitrary and pointless. You are, of course, free to keep doing so, but all you are doing (and I do mean all) is depriving yourself of games you might enjoy because you're more into categories than games.

So what do you do with somebody like me? I played most of the Goldbox games, every Ultima from IV onward, Gothic 2, several Wizardry games, and several Might and Magic games. I also played multiple Fire Emblems, Fallout 4, DA:I and like 10 Assassin Creed games.

It depends. When you say "played" does it mean "played and liked"?

edit: I guess if you played 10 Assassins Creed games it means you liked them :) If you liked the old classics then that would probably still convince me that your recommendations are worthy. But if you thought these new games are superior to the old classics in every way then I would question whether your tastes are similar to mine.

But if you thought these new games are superior to the old classics in every way then I would question whether your tastes are similar to mine.

I wouldn't make that comparison in either direction. They are completely different types of games made decades apart.

Luckily Fire Emblem is not on Steam - because even Steam has a limit it will sink to ;)
=

Yes, the limit of being Nintendo exclusive and a massive flagship that the Nippon giant won't let go of. Steam would give a metaphorical arm and an eye to be able to list Fire Emblem games. :)

On the other hand, I don't have an issue with Goldbox games being on Steam for whoever wants to play them. All of the 4 people that will.

Well this thread quickly went off-topic and got derailed.:)

I wouldn't make that comparison in either direction. They are completely different types of games made decades apart.

Great answer.

My post was specifically targetted Nereid if it wasn't obvious. I can't let someone slight the Gold Box games and it go unanswered - even if it was a troll post.

So to get back on topic I'm sad they won't spend the resources to port POE 2. I highly doubt they will ever give a good reason why, as I've seen other PC RPGs ported.

If I ever get my Steam Deck in the mail I'll be able to play the game on that.

The reason will be simple that it was just going to cost too much/take too long/too risky due to the PoE II code/Unity and that it no longer stacked up financially. For suits it always comes down to $$$. The quality of the PoE I port is indicative that there were some challenges.

It could be that they need their resource to focus on Avowed, and that another delay due to work on something else was not acceptable anymore.

Let's hope they don't use Unity for their new game, that will be all benefit for consoles like the Switch and for the PC as well.

Back
Top Bottom