Pricewatch!

COG posted that Amazon was giving away games for Prime members. Maybe it's interesting for some among you. :)

AMAZON IS GIVING AWAY SOME GREAT GAMES TO PRIME MEMBERS

Amazon Prime Gaming is starting the year off right by giving away some fantastic games. The two incredible stand-out titles are World War Z and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. World War Z is a solid shooter to play with friends and just mindlessly mow down hordes of zombies. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is a solid single-player Star Wars title, and we don't have nearly enough of those.

Here is the complete list:
  • Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (Origin) - Offer ends February 2
  • Total War: Warhammer (Epic Games Store) - Offer ends February 1
  • World War Z: Aftermath (Epic Games Store) - Offer ends February 7
  • Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered (Amazon Games App) - Offer ends February 1
  • WRC 7 FIA World Rally Championship (Amazon Games App) - Offer ends February 1
  • Abandon Ship (Amazon Games App) - Offer ends February 1
  • Paper Beast: Folded Edition (Amazon Games App) - Offer ends February 1
  • In Other Waters (Amazon Games App) - Offer ends February 1
  • Two Point Hospital (Amazon Games App) - Offer ends February 1
[. . .]

Whoa, that's a lot of free games there. I grabbed the ones available from Prime itself, thanks for the info!

I was wondering how it worked, but there's an FAQ for non-Amazon games and it looks quite fair. This is for an Origin game (similar with Epic):
This content is available in all regions where Origin is available.

Once you claim your offer code, the game is yours to keep, subject to any Origin rules or policies that apply to the content.

You will need either an Amazon Prime membership or a Prime Video membership to access Prime Gaming content, depending on your location.

What's more interesting, I think the free trial lets you grab the game as well:
If you’re located in one of the “Amazon Prime Supported Countries” listed here, click the “Try Prime” button above to sign up for a free 30-day trial of Amazon Prime (excluding customers located in Quebec, Canada). Or, if you’re located in one of the “PrimeVideo.com Supported Countries” listed here, click the “Try Prime” button above to sign up for a free 7-day trial of Prime Video. If you’re already a Prime member, then click “Sign In” to sign in to your Prime account and click “Claim Now” to begin the claim process.

I don't know how it works for the Amazon Games App games but I suppose that in that case you lose access if you're not Prime anymore.

I was wondering how it worked, but there's an FAQ for non-Amazon games and it looks quite fair. This is for an Origin game (similar with Epic)

So for Epic Game Store, you can link up your accounts, and then by clicking ‘Claim’ the game is automatically added to your Epic library for free.

I too received a marketing email from GoG about "Over 30 free games" - opened the email to find out these are not sales or promotions but actual free games GoG has been offering for a while:

https://www.gog.com/partner/free_games

Thanks - just got that email as well! :)

OK, that is kind of a spammy / clickbait email ... it talks about free games, and yet you have to scroll ~75% or so into the email to find mention of anything free. Business is failing, resort to slime bag moves? Ugh.

Shrug, I never got an email, just happened to visit the great old games site today and saw a massive list off to the side of free games. I think I already owned all but three of them, yet made sure I obtained those immediately. I didn't see it as spammy or a half-hearted attempt at a giveaway.

How dare they want to use the FREE GAMES they're giving out to communicate messages to you that might result in you spending the money THEY NEED TO EXIST.

Look - I have spent tons of money with GoG, and really try to support them wherever and whenever I can.

BUT - when you send an email whose ENTIRE title is ‘LOOK HERE FOR FREE STUFF’ and then have a button with something like ‘GET IT NOW’ for an item … only to be sent to something that is NOT free, that is literally misleading business practice - and because the actual free games are *hidden*, it is something that I personally consider slimy.

Had they done what other indie shops do which is to specify what is free in the title to get you to open the email and then linked that item ‘above the fold’, that is honest business. I have certainly opened those emails and found other things to buy to support the site.

ANYWAY - check out the weekend sale on GoG as well, they have some awesome deals on a variety of indie games.

Pretty good deal on Surviving Mars at Humble Bundle. It's the cheapest I've seen what is basically the "First Colony edition", which includes all DLC except the last one. From what I've read though, that last DLC consists of a few extra disjointed areas and gets very mixed reviews, so it seems not much is lost there.

Back
Top Bottom