Pricewatch!

Well, finally got into the EPIC sale without an error, and bought Days Gone for NZ$23.10 (about US$15.76) after discount. Crazy cheap!
I like me some zombie survival.

Nice grab. Days Gone is one of the best games I played this year. I think you'll like it a lot.

So "Plants vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville" is on sale for ~$5 on GMG ... I loved the original game, the follow-up one less so ... but have heard some really mediocre things about this. Anyone play it? Is it actually worth even $5 and trying out?

I haven't played any of those spin-off titles, but I think they look terrible.

I thought the original PvZ was great, and I dumped a lot of time into that one, but they never released the direct sequels on PC which is mind-boggling.

The game takes like 150 hours to play through and came out all of three months ago. Yeah, fuck them for wanting something for their hard work.

i wouldnt have a problem with that small discount if they have put a fair regional price , but they were pretty greedy in this regard, 3 times more than valve's suggested price; probably the publisher's fault but still a shit decision its 5-6 times more expensive than the first game.

The game takes like 150 hours to play through and came out all of three months ago.

For Mac users on the newest hardware (in other words an OFFICIALLY supported platform where they sell the game) there is a bug where you literally can't open the inventory screen. I'd read it was fixed so I installed it today, but apparently the hot fix in November (so the bug was already there for >2 months) caused game-breaking crashes so it was re-patched which brought back the original bug.

So for Mac gamers it is currently a 5 minute game worth -$50.

I haven't played any of those spin-off titles, but I think they look terrible.

Agreed - I decided to not bother ;)

Steam winter sale has started.

For Mac users on the newest hardware (in other words an OFFICIALLY supported platform where they sell the game) there is a bug where you literally can't open the inventory screen. I'd read it was fixed so I installed it today, but apparently the hot fix in November (so the bug was already there for >2 months) caused game-breaking crashes so it was re-patched which brought back the original bug.

So for Mac gamers it is currently a 5 minute game worth -$50.

Agreed - I decided to not bother ;)

Depends on how long you spend in character creation :D

Depends on how long you spend in character creation :D

:D

Just to follow up, evidently the bug is intermittent as if you proceed a bit further the inventory screen works, then beyond the next cutscene it doesn't, then it does again. I would say that over the first hour it works about 60% of the time. Not great - but playable (let's just say I have certainly played the heck out of games with worse bugs! :D )

Back
Top Bottom