Pricewatch!

Epic has a sale on now. They give away a coupon this sale as well. It's an extra 25% off coupon for a game, or total purchase, above 15 Euro. Could probably be a good time to get som pretty recent games for some extra off. For a total purchase of >40 Euro it would be worth as much as earlier coupons.

Humble Bundle has a Cities: Skylines bundle. You can get the base game and 30 DLC (I think it's not all of them but it is a majority) for as little as 18,95e. As all Paradox published games it's a DLC fest and getting all of them can cost you hundreds of monies so this is as cheap as it gets.

I'm not a big fan of Epic, but I have to say some their giveaways this year have surprised me. i.e. Prey, Warhammer: Total War, XCOM 2, Tomb Raider Trilogy, etc, and now this.

The EGS client is much more functional than it was a year or two ago, there seem to be regular updates now and the wishlist/library is fine now even with 100 or so games.

Having said that I don't really mind these game clients, would rather have fewer but they don't seem to cause me any problems.

Just to add to the comments on the Epic Game Store, is that I have noticed that most games installed through their client are actually DRM free. I close the client (sign out and close, making sure it is not running the background), go to the folder where the game is installed and just run the executable - it does not require the client to run!

That actually sounds more like the kind of friendly platform that I prefer to use, SpoonFULL. I'd no idea that the Epic client could be that user intuitive.

Back
Top Bottom